Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I thought you ware craking hard on bots?

DaftDaft
Mabinogi Rep: 320
edited March 26, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
I think your anti-botting measures are lacking in the anti-botting department

mabinogi-2021-03-26-174505.png

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Those are more than likely someone's alt accounts rather than bots.
  • DaftDaft
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    Warn't farming events using alt accounts also banned?
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited March 26, 2021
    Alt accounts are not prohibited by ToS. Botting is. Botting is not equivalent to using alts. Please read the ToS.

Outlined in Section V of ToS:

Frequency of account creation is established: No more than [x] amount per [y] time frame, etc.

Prohibition of using third-party software to enable multiclienting or other account abuse is established (multiple devices are fine).
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Daft wrote: »
    mabinogi-2021-03-26-174505.png

Obviously, there's a million ways to spot an alt, but having them standing around naked is like putting a big bright sign on them. You get free newbie clothes. Sure, you can sell the boots for gold but the clothes get you nothing. Even when the clothes are Dur=0, as long as you leave them in their slots you look dressed. I mean it took effort to make them naked. WTH?
    Frequency of account creation is established: No more than [x] amount per [y] time frame, etc.

Adding to that info: specifically, the limits are 1 per day and 5 per 30 days. I'm gonna do math now, so some of you might want to reach for a pack of smokes and a hand fan for after you're done reading. The important one is 5 per 30 days. According to Wikipedia "The North American localization of Mabinogi was released on March 27, 2008." The date of this writing is 2021 March 26. So that is: (4+30+31+30+31+31+30+31+30+31)+3·(365+365+365+366)+(31+28+26)=4747 days. That divided by 30 days/period is 158 periods and change; call it 159 periods. That times 5 is 795 potential accounts that someone can own and be fully complaint with Nexon's policies. Fun fact: with 8 free characters per account that's 6360 characters. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suppose that someone willing to go through all of that is willing to use a VPN. Fun fun fun.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited March 27, 2021
    Helsa wrote: »

Adding to that info: specifically, the limits are 1 per day and 5 per 30 days. I'm gonna do math now, so some of you might want to reach for a pack of smokes and a hand fan for after you're done reading. The important one is 5 per 30 days. According to Wikipedia "The North American localization of Mabinogi was released on March 27, 2008." The date of this writing is 2021 March 26. So that is: (4+30+31+30+31+31+30+31+30+31)+3·(365+365+365+366)+(31+28+26)=4747 days. That divided by 30 days/period is 158 periods and change; call it 159 periods. That times 5 is 795 potential accounts that someone can own and be fully complaint with Nexon's policies. Fun fact: with 8 free characters per account that's 6360 characters. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suppose that someone willing to go through all of that is willing to use a VPN. Fun fun fun.

100%. It's almost to be expected of someone to have alts, growing more likely to be true as time goes on. I can't imagine having that many alts, though. But, you also don't need to have multiple devices to just cycle through them for events. You can log in to as many as you wish, during Master Plan weekend handouts of items you'd normally have to buy through the NX shop. Yet, simultaneously logging into them to claim timed rewards is a different circumstance. It's weird seeing characters named "eventalt01/02/03/etc" chilling around AFK event NPCs.