Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

EYE-BLINK

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited March 29, 2021 in Content from Other Regions
Ok so as you guys may of noticed with some recent gacha outfit releases there has been a new facial mechanic implemented: blinking. Which I think looks pretty cool and makes us look more emotive and less like a bunch of statues. I thought this was only going to be something tied in with special outfits, but I kinda hoped they would release that feature beyond just outfits. Being that they are pretty stubborn with the way they do business over innovation, I had little faith they would go a step further.

But I was surprisingly mistaken (which is a rare occurrence):
http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/event_view.asp?id=4888838

wv9Pn59.png
4KJ2mLY.png
f9cVzEL.png

Introducing a new beauty shop feature that allows you add blinking and customize how much blinking you want!

Probably will be a gacha item of course. Please feel free to correct me.
  1. What do you think of being able to BLINK?9 votes
    1. Pretty cool, I like it.
       100% (9 votes)
    2. This is a useless stupid feature.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• KaiwythKaiwyth
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    i think this might be the most excited i've ever been for an update since the addition of commas.
    CrimsọnWolfsingerPlatinaKokiCrazyTim7
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    That would be so stupid if people have to pay for their characters to blink.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 30, 2021

Well it would make pons relevant again. lol.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Well it would make pons relevant again. lol.

ya ain't wrong...
    Crimsọn
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    please please pleeeease be either free or use pon....
    Musicat
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sherri wrote: »
    please please pleeeease be either free or use pon....

I didn't see anything about it being featured in a gacha. :)
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    But can't you blink natively in one of the mobile variants of the game? And if that is the case, then it feels even more out of place (but expected) to make blinking a pay-for feature in this decrepit PC version, especially when other games feature character blinking natively.

The customizable aspect of it? Maybe. But blinking in itself?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Fluorette wrote: »
    But can't you blink natively in one of the mobile variants of the game? And if that is the case, then it feels even more out of place (but expected) to make blinking a pay-for feature in this decrepit PC version, especially when other games feature character blinking natively.

The customizable aspect of it? Maybe. But blinking in itself?

And I don't currently see anything about it being monetized either. Might be free like skin colors.
    Sherri
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I will say I like this better than the deluge of two-tone eye tickets we've been seeing.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Policroma wrote: »
    I will say I like this better than the deluge of two-tone eye tickets we've been seeing.

Imo it's not really a deluge, ntm we're getting a free pair very soon.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited April 9, 2021
    I asked for this a while back. I hope they do implement it as a regular part of our animation. Our characters already breathe; we even have fog when in snowy regions. It would make our characters seem more alive rather than like a lifeless doll.
    CrimsọnWolfsingerMusicat
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    may of noticed
    Why does subject Crimson use that weird word combination instead of "... have ..."? Is it a modern trend to do so? Ugh.

The Meow likes the idea of making our characters blink. However, not each eye model can afford that. Anyway, it would be good to make natural blinking free and make its detailed customization paid, with Pon or an NX item maybe.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Musicat wrote: »
    may of noticed
    Why does subject Crimson use that weird word combination instead of "... have ..."? Is it a modern trend to do so? Ugh.

The Meow likes the idea of making our characters blink. However, not each eye model can afford that. Anyway, it would be good to make natural blinking free and make its detailed customization paid, with Pon or an NX item maybe.

Well now I am just not going to correct it at all.

They have the majority things already monetized in game.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    A little eye animation I made.

zfO3NQw.gif
    Sherri