Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Expiring items - They need to go!

SyruneStarlightSyruneStarlight
Mabinogi Rep: 770
in Feedback and Suggestions
As the title suggests, expiring items need to be outright removed from this game. I'm getting sick of logging in, opening my inventory and seeing a wave of expired goods from events just sitting there, it's beyond stupid. I had 12 Ciar Advanced passes, stocking them ready grab a group and spam it out for the Magical Branch, but of course the expiry timers on these passes ruined that plan altogether. This is honestly the most disgusting feature in Mabinogi (reforges aside of course). Even enchant scrolls having these ridiculous expiry times is annoying as heck.

Honestly Mabinog doesn't benefit at all from expiring items, it just FORCES the playerbase to play the game and this is a disgustingly poor choice to make for the well being of it. Remove expiring items for the love of god.
  1. Expiring items, should they be removed?4 votes
    1. Yes
       75% (3 votes)
    2. No
       25% (1 vote)

Comments

• ManhiemManhiem
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    While I agree that it is annoying that your inventory gets filled up with event items sometimes, it is also true that you can't dump some of those items, so if they didn't expire, they'd be there clogging your inventory forever. :(
  • PhialsquizPhialsquiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    More importantly, same item with no additional variant should allow stackable. Had tons similar enchant, like magical piling up. Stuff like Elite shadow mission pass waste tons of slots, this is beyond stupid...
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited April 8, 2021
    I don't think that'd be wise. Reasoning explained in spoiler. Else, have a nice Fantasy Life.
    You see, the reason why we can even continue to get event items like Protective Stones and Enchant Protection potions is because they expire. You can't just hoard them for indefinite amounts of time; doing so would rapidly decrease their value and shoot Nexon in the foot on sales. Farmable things like passes are given, in my opinion, a reasonable amount of time before expiry. You have 7 days to do non-HM passes, and 7 (Mangled) + 7 (Crafted) days to do HM runs. The strategy is to get you to come back and log in before the items expire, while also encouraging you to play more to prepare what would be optimal usage of said item. If you cannot play often enough to use the event item, no loss as they were free. If you cannot play often enough to use passes (or have a bit of a hoarding problem), I'd suggest a change in user habits or adaptation to circumstance.

Granted, I could see a compromise: we could ask that they allow Expiration Removal Scrolls for these passes to be created. I wouldn't mind it, since enchants have one. Yet, enchants expires in hours, compared to 1-2 weeks. So, I think this would be balanced by requiring very scarce materials in crafting it. I generally am sympathetic on this, because I've had things expire when I needed it most. Yet, I know it's partially my fault for letting it expire due to my own carelessness and forgetfulness. Still, this is more about the business model of keeping players involved, rather than a personal slight against you or other players on behalf of DevCat. They have to keep us involved, some way or another.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    At least make 'em saleable.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    I'd support removing expiration timers from passes.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    At least have them automatically poof out of your inventory once they expire so scammers can't sell them while trying to pass them off as working versions.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    At least have them automatically poof out of your inventory once they expire so scammers can't sell them while trying to pass them off as working versions.

Uh, you can easily tell expired items from non-expired.

Your idea would just cause additional headaches.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870