Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Some questions about this game for a new player

AnamuraAnamura
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello, these past days I have been searching for a relaxed MMO that I could play with my partner and this one catched my attention. However, I have some questions. I have been researching in wiki, reddit and such but I still have some doubts... Our intention would be being F2P, so have this in mind when answering my questions please.

1 - I'm very interested in housing since it's one of my favourite systems in any MMO, but I've seen that it's very expensive (or at least it seems?). (I am talking about house for decorating, not the market version). Like needing 500k gold and then 200k per week. But I also read that getting that amount of gold is not hard, or at least it doesn't seem hard, as I've seen people saying that by farming dungeons you can easily get like 200k gold per dungeon. So I don't know, so I just ask

2 - What is the max level and is it needed to explore the world?

3 - What roleplay activities can you do?

4 - Honestly, I don't care much about gold or market, in fact, if not because housing, I wouldn't be asking anything about getting gold. I just want a relaxed experience, maybe something like minecraft or sims but on MMO so I can play with my partner (not saying this MMO is like minecraft or sims at all, it's just to differenciate from typical MMOs). A person like me can enjoy this game? Might this game be what I am seeking?

5 - Whole world is based on irish architecture or there are others more exotic at some places?

I think this is all for now, thank you! :)

Comments

• nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    1 - It's been a while, so I'm not sure about that one.
    2 - The Lvl cap is 200, though it's usually not as important as skill ranks.
    3 - Too many to list here.
    4 - Kinda?
    5 - There are two continents, Uladh and Iria. Your more varied and "exotic" locales will be found the latter.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited April 14, 2021
    1 - homestead housing is 500k gold at first then 200k gold each month as long as you don't let the lease expire. you can extend the lease 7 days before it expires. overall the housing features in mabi are not that great compared to other games and fancy furniture can be expensive. the homestead your house is on is completely free and will be much bigger and it has more customization options. here is a link to a old homestead contest if you want some ideas of what you could turn your hometead area into: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23127/pet-paradise-homestead-design-contest/p1

2 - the lvl cap is 200 but the rank of your skills is far more important. leveling is only meant for gaining AP to rank your skill then you rebirth and repeat but in the end your skill ranks are the most important. you do get some cool stat boosts for being at a higher lvl though.

3 - one thing that is fun to do is rank the transformation mastery skill which can be learned fairly early in the game. it allows you to hunt monsters and gain the ability to transform into them. a lot of monster and npc transformations can use gestures which can make them do a lot of funny things. some of them can even dance using the Traveling Boom Box item and play rock, paper, scissors. I think this adds a lot of fun to the roleplay part of mabinogi.

4 - mabinogi really gives you a lot of freedom to basically do almost anything you want. some people play it seriously and some people take it easy in game. how much you play or how active you are when you play is up to you. a lot of events are afk events or only take about 30 to 40 minutes of effort a day. so depending on what you want from mabi it can be fairly relaxing without requiring a stressful amount of effort.

5 - Uladh is where most of the events and story quests happen so you will probably explore most of that area from just following the story or doing commerce. Iria is very large and has some interesting places. if you enjoy roleplay but still want to explore most of the areas in the game then I recommend trying the transformation mastery skill since it will send you to monsters all over Uladh and Iria and most of their locations can be found just by searching the monster on the wiki.

welcome to our community, hopefully mabi will be just what you are looking for. there are not very many mmo games that offer as much freedom as mabinogi does.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited April 14, 2021
    1. It's 500k gold per 30 days, if I remember correctly. Unless you're one to just stand around and chat with folks that is a completely modest goal for the time period, even for weak characters, but like so many things it is easy once you know how and challenging until you do. The homestead house or homestead mansion will take probably a few weeks before you can even build it. Once built, you can put in furniture, and paintings and statues and so on, but the game is hardly an interior design tool. There is room (pun intended) for personal expression but it is somewhat modest. There are probably YouTube videos to see what you'd be getting in to.

2. The level cap is 200 per rebirth. You have unlimited rebirth, so in fact the level is not capped. Being at level 200 for the particular rebirth also conveys a very nice skill training bonus as well. A good chunk of the value of a skill is simply having it. If you know how to use your skills, and many players do not, even low level players are significantly stronger than those players realize. A brand new character is fully capable of traveling about almost all of the world. In some cases though they would need to NOT stop moving, lest mobs aggro them.

3. I do not personally role play but there is a great deal of opportunity to do so. Bare in mind though that most players are not role-players and some are mean spirited so , in public areas, you may be mocked. That notwithstanding there are role-playing communities. They are generally organized into guilds. Find a role-playing guild.

4. As a role-player, seeking gold for equipment may not have the same calling as it does for power-gamers but, I suspect, role-players are not immune to fashion and that is just as expensive a hobby. As for how to enjoy the game, since you are a role-player, I would suggest getting into a role-playing guild and ask your guild-mates about how they enjoy the game. Are you musically inclined? You can compose, record, and perform music in Mabinogi, even as part of a band; plenty of YouTube videos of that. There are also some mini-games that have communities based on them. The largest is probably the fashion community that competes in the weekly fashion contest. There is also a jousting mini-game that has modest communities on both servers; I'm a member of both, since I have two computers and play on both servers.

5. There are many exotic places to explore, but why give you spoilers; find them for your self. There are map glitches, which can give interesting exploration opportunities. Entering them might be against the rules though. Personally, I don't see why they should be. I explore them, take new players to them, and I'm fully transparent about it; your call.

EDIT: I forgot to say, craft is a thing in this game. There are five-ish crafting talents for making stuff. There are also crafting guilds.

Also, this topic is in the wrong forum; it should be in general chat. In you first post, at the top right, you will see a 'gear'; that's the edit button. One of the things you can edit about the original post is what forum it is in.