Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Game loses server after 5 to 10 minutes

LeafaLeafa
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Technical Support
Hi everyone!

My problem is after playing for ten minutes a pink alert panel pops up saying "Server cannot be reached. Your connection will be terminated as NGS has detected a security threat" and below that is a smaller pink panel that wants my account (which has odd numbers and letters in the input box) and password, neither which works even when I fill them out correctly. It also asks to create a new account but I click exit and it's gone and I have start up all over again. Maybe it's related or not, but only with this program, right after I exit Windows pops up a panel that says "Windows can't find c/Program Files/IEXPLORER.EXE. Make sure you typed the name correctly." I never had Internet Explorer installed this 32bit Windows 7 PC and use Firefox and no programs or games ever popped that alert or any problems like this before so I'm just mentioning it in case it's related to Mabinogi dropping out.

Any suggests would be so appreciated!!! Thanks!

Leafa

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited February 13, 2017
    Do you have a picture of this "alert"? I haven't heard of a small pink panel that asks for your account information. It sounds slightly iffy, especially since you mentioned it has some numbers and letters in the box.

EDIT: Are you talking about the main log in screen that appears when you Direct Launch the game from the installation location? If so, normally that's what happens when you abnormally disconnect. I've had it happen to me a few times after disconnecting abruptly, but I've always had to completely restart and launch from Nexon Launcher to get back in.

I think the reason why Internet Explorer pops up after closing Mabinogi is because normally, the game asks you to take a survey after exiting the client, and that survey is launched in Internet Explorer.
  • LeafaLeafa
    edited February 15, 2017
    Okay, it's blue now, not pink, probably because it's a different background now?

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApO8Ylcd086XhEhoZ8IXXQDhU2IX

Thanks for the quick reply!
  • LeafaLeafa
    edited February 16, 2017
    Hi!
    My techie bg says until Nexon figures out what's happening with those funny numbers and letters in the account reset box to wipe out all my Nexon history and cache and don't play anymore Nexon games because it might be "plishing" and "trojan horses" in the installer so iffy playing till you all can explain it.

Good luck & take care
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    I have personally seen weird numbers after dcing as well though definitely not all the time :P same with my husband its been happening randomly for years as far as i know. i don't think its something to worry about just completely relaunch the client.The survey though is as annoying as hell wish they would stop! I filled it out many times and everything hoping it wouldn't pop up for awhile still does lol
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited February 16, 2017
    Leafa wrote: »
    Hi!
    My techie bg says until Nexon figures out what's happening with those funny numbers and letters in the account reset box to wipe out all my Nexon history and cache and don't play anymore Nexon games because it might be "plishing" and "trojan horses" in the installer so iffy playing till you all can explain it.

Good luck & take care

Unless you're side-loading the game from some other place, there shouldn't be anything of that sort being put in the installer. The random string in the log in box isn't going to bite you, but since it was an NGS boot you'll want to restart your client anyway.
    The general solution to fixing any NGS closures is to uninstall the game fully, and then reinstall using the Nexon Launcher (here). If that doesn't stop them. checking if your Anti-Virus programs are blocking anything within your install folder or the related processes should be done as well.

I'd also like to add that whoever your techie friend is doesn't know what they are talking about if that's what they told you this was. This can look fishy and suspicious, but a phishing attempt is not going to try and have you give a password in this manner.
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    Btw, the numbers/letters are not random, you'll always get the same. You can even use it instead of your email to log in.
    I assume that when they switched to email authentication, they kept the old username (which explain why old players can still log with it).
    Since new players can't choose an username anymore, they get a randomly generated string when they create their account.
    As for why it shows in mabi after disconnecting, it's probably cause it's the old login screen, which wasn't using the email, but the username.
  • rawrnyahrawrnyah
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    I'm also facing the same issue. The game kicks me out every 3 minutes basically making it impossible to do anything.