Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I Can't Believe I Put Time In To This Game

DnDdemigodDnDdemigod
in General Chat
I had a massive pile of pixel boxes and when the event ended it took them all away. The game itself doesn't feel that alive anymore either, the only people who play are already invested since years ago. Take it from me I've played this game for years and it's just not worth putting your time in to, there are a lot better games out there. I've been playing FF10 and Animal Crossing and truly having fun. Every time I get on this it feels like I'm getting on to work and it sucks even more now that they took all my work away from me and didn't give a warning that they'd take away my pixel boxes. Nexon really has nothing going for it anymore

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 30, 2021
    Then go play those games, and make sure you pay attention to their news pages in regards to event time frames and other important information.

Happy gaming.
    KaarosWolfsingerMomma_SophieYokkaichiLeineiMaia
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited April 30, 2021
    :joy: @ Crimson

I still sympathize with OP, though. You have to read the event details. Always, always.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 1, 2021
    :joy: @ Crimson

I still sympathize with OP, though. You have to read the event details. Always, always.

Tired of random returnees blaming Nexon for not READING and essentially demanding that stuff should revolve around them at the POINT of their GLORIOUS return. Then they proceed to bash this game/company out of their own wilful ignorance. The level of entitlement is astounding sometimes. You don't like the game? No one gives a bleep.
    Momma_SophieWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    But doesn't this dismiss the possibility that some things can be inherently stupid despite full disclosure. I mean, sure, figure-8 racing is moronic and everyone knows the deal yet there are still folks willing to participate so that the rest of us can watch Darwin in real-time.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 1, 2021
    Helsa wrote: »
    But doesn't this dismiss the possibility that some things can be inherently stupid despite full disclosure. I mean, sure, figure-8 racing is moronic and everyone knows the deal yet there are still folks willing to participate so that the rest of us can watch Darwin in real-time.

I do agree that there are things in-game that could be improved. There always will be. But this is not about that, this is about asshats coming out of the woodworks and whining about the duration of events/items when they decided to return in the middle or close to the end of an event and then blame Nexon for it.

That's like going to a store with an expired coupon then going on a tirade in front of the cashier and demanding a supervisor. Sorry OP for any inconvenience that you returned at a inopportune time. Maybe not bash the game or company about that eh? It's not their fault, it's not anyone's fault. If you rather play ANIMAL CROSSING than this game then go play freaking animal crossing.

Hey look OP, there's an event on your game: https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2021/may-day-international-museum-day-and-wedding-season-come-to-animal-crossing-new-horizons/ Oh look! International Museum Day (May 18 - May 31). Then you got Wedding Season (June 1 – June 30). You better remember those DATES or you might miss out!

Happy gaming everyone. :)
    Leinei
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

Sometimes I think you argue just for the sake of arguing. :D

Just me?
    I do agree that there are things in-game that could be improved. There always will be. But this is not about that, this is about asshats coming out of the woodworks and whining about the duration of events or items when they decided to return in the middle or close to the end of an event and then blame Nexon for it.

Event end dates sure, but item expiry; that's not an unreasonable complaint.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    That's like going to a store with an expired coupon then going on a tirade in front of the cashier and demanding a supervisor.

"Karen? Karen, please. Karen, just let it go. You can get another coupon, Karen. Why do you always do this..."
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    That's like going to a store with an expired coupon then going on a tirade in front of the cashier and demanding a supervisor.

"Karen? Karen, please. Karen, just let it go. You can get another coupon, Karen. Why do you always do this..."

:joy:

This thread is done.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    ^...eheh

Interestingly, it's usually Final Fantasy and Animal Crossing that they bring up in these. :/
    Pectyl
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Fluorette wrote: »
    ^...eheh

Interestingly, it's usually Final Fantasy and Animal Crossing that they bring up in these. :/

Don't get me wrong, I love final fantasy BUT...there is only so much you can accomplish on dead end games like that unless the developer is actively updating with DLC's and stuff. But FF10 is a 20 year old game. Comparing FF10 to mabinogi...it's not a good comparison IMO. But I remember playing FF10 and I enjoyed the storyline. I actually hope they come out with the 3rd sequel they toyed people with.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Then go play those games, and make sure you pay attention to their news pages in regards to event time frames and other important information.

Happy gaming.

Lol, I see what you did there~!
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Leinei wrote: »

Happy gaming.

Lol, I see what you did there~!

tenor.gif
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I know for me it may have been a blessing in disguise that I didn't open all my pixel boxes. I swear my inventory's always getting filled with more expiring potions of some kind or other.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Policroma wrote: »
    I know for me it may have been a blessing in disguise that I didn't open all my pixel boxes. I swear my inventory's always getting filled with more expiring potions of some kind or other.

Yeah this paper flip game has the same old garbage too. The game is kinda fun though.