Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A Fresh Memory Update Preview

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited May 6, 2021 in Vault
Help Blaanid recover her lost memories with the revamped Memoir questline! Obtain new rewards, level up your character, and train your skills as you proceed through your journey in Erinn. Don't forget to read our previous announcement to see what is being changed/removed in this update. Check out the details on the webpost.

Update Date: Thursday, May 13th, After Maintenance

210504_mayupdate_socials_newsarticleheader_940x290.png

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Not gonna lie...very mixed feelings about these weapons and things not being tradable. I think I can understand to a degree, but...well, I guess I'll just wait and see what happens...
    Negumiko
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited May 6, 2021
    It's a literal (permanent) Master Plan event "rental" weapon arsenal combined with Nao's Blessing and EXP events rolled into free levels and a literal walkthrough of every talent's basics.

Not only am I thoroughly impressed and grateful how there's now so much stuff in this game designed to help new players (Dungeon Guide, Master Plan Events, Training/Leveling Support Gacha/Packages, Duncan's free skill reset, Blaanid's Revamp), I am now actually more interested in finding out how people will still find a way to not be prepped for content or find something to complain about.
    WolfsingerBronzebreak
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Not gonna lie...very mixed feelings about these weapons and things not being tradable. I think I can understand to a degree, but...well, I guess I'll just wait and see what happens...

it would be nice if these items could at least bank traded or pet traded. my main character can't do any of the Memoir questline cause my level was to high when it came out. so the only option is to do it with a new character but I really want my main character to have that Dream Catcher of Blossoming Memories (mostly cause I like collecting anything related to transformation mastery). if these can't be bank traded or pet traded getting that item on the character I want is now impossible. I think we shouldn't be able to sell these since players can farm the rewards over and over on different characters but I would like to be able to move these rewards between my own characters.
  • KatherzKatherz
    Negumiko wrote: »

it would be nice if these items could at least bank traded or pet traded. my main character can't do any of the Memoir questline cause my level was to high when it came out. so the only option is to do it with a new character but I really want my main character to have that Dream Catcher of Blossoming Memories (mostly cause I like collecting anything related to transformation mastery). if these can't be bank traded or pet traded getting that item on the character I want is now impossible. I think we shouldn't be able to sell these since players can farm the rewards over and over on different characters but I would like to be able to move these rewards between my own characters.

I am not sure if this help, but you can do the Memoir questline (old and new), regardless of your level. You just won't get the additional newbie perks such as more EXP and you won't be able to use the rebirth potions if you are over level 5,000. Additionally, you are able to do the Memoir questline on multiple characters on the same account.
    NegumikoBronzebreak
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited May 6, 2021
    Katherz wrote: »

I am not sure if this help, but you can do the Memoir questline (old and new), regardless of your level. You just won't get the additional newbie perks such as more EXP and you won't be able to use the rebirth potions if you are over level 5,000. Additionally, you are able to do the Memoir questline on multiple characters on the same account.

I am glad old characters can do the Memoir questline. once I started my first memoir on main character and tried talking to Blaanid and rebirthing and talking to her again but I don't make any progress in the first memoir:
    dej5jgs-57cc89dc-260d-4d3a-aa52-cf5711f7b281.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGVqNWpncy01N2NjODlkYy0yNjBkLTRkM2EtYWE1Mi1jZjU3MTFmN2IyODEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.MArmYiKOOplcdC8BcgW9Etqpm5bSpB1e9nyX4mWZz18

so I just assumed that was as far as my main character could go. my other characters under lvl 5k have not had any issues progressing.

• KatherzKatherz
    Katherz wrote: »

I am glad old characters can do the Memoir questline. once I started my first memoir on main character and tried talking to Blaanid and rebirthing and talking to her again but I don't make any progress in the first memoir:
    dej5jgs-57cc89dc-260d-4d3a-aa52-cf5711f7b281.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGVqNWpncy01N2NjODlkYy0yNjBkLTRkM2EtYWE1Mi1jZjU3MTFmN2IyODEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.MArmYiKOOplcdC8BcgW9Etqpm5bSpB1e9nyX4mWZz18

so I just assumed that was as far as my main character could go. my other characters under lvl 5k have not had any issues progressing.

Ah, this would probably be an issue of contacting Customer Support. You should have no problems progressing. If you want to try to finish before the update, please do contact CS!
    Bronzebreak
  • KrimsKrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    how come blaanid forgot to add a bow, not that it matters cause all can remember how bad aiming works with it
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Krims wrote: »
    how come blaanid forgot to add a bow, not that it matters cause all can remember how bad aiming works with it

Archery forgotten. Along with elves :P
  • TabariTabari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    The only thing I'm disappointed about with this Memoir update is they got rid of this
    23Pca49.png
    It was the main reason I was doing it on alts, was to get the Blaanid's Flower Boxes.
    Bronzebreak
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    Krims wrote: »
    It works just the same way as with any other common weapon. It's not too good, but it's nice.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Content obliterated. I would of completed it sooner but my heart was acting up again.
  • catharborcatharbor
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    I just started the new Blaanid quests and like them much more than the original version. I started this with my elf and wonder what will happen when it comes to the lance, since elves can't use the lance. And, while there is a crossbow, I too wish there had been a regular bow (or substitute a regular bow for a lance if playing an elf - that would seem fair). Thank you.
  • GalthakGalthak
    anyone know how to finish the blue truth quest