Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please merge Alexina and Nao Mk XI

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited May 3, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
The last time anything was mentioned, about this, was more than 30 days ago. So, I'm creating a new thread, as per site policy, because we wouldn't want the powers that be to think that this issue has gone away now would we.

Please merge Alexina and Nao.

Helsa0151 of Alexina
Fizzlepop

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    But we already have this thread which was just created a few days ago: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/24657/nexon-needs-to-merge-please-read-nexon
    Fizzlepop
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    But we already have this thread which was just created a few days ago: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/24657/nexon-needs-to-merge-please-read-nexon

I wanted to make a thread that is a clear call for action rather than one that might simply be a suggestion of how to carry out an action that Nexon may choose to get to in their own good time.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Yes this needs to happen Alexina is already dead.
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    They won't because of how devcat made character ID's when they first created the game.

It's too much of a pain for anyone to do a server merge again and people who did it last time are probably gone since it's a literal shitshow.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Nemesis wrote: »
    They won't because of how devcat made character ID's when they first created the game.

It's too much of a pain for anyone to do a server merge again and people who did it last time are probably gone since it's a literal shitshow.

i rather have a shitshow than a dead server, because at the least theres people to talk to in a mmo
  • HelsaHelsa
    Whatever compelled Nexon to create Nao will eventually compel them to merge Alexina. The question is whether Nexon can be better prepared for it, when circumstance forces their hand again.
  • That_one_giantThat_one_giant
    Mabinogi Rep: 325
    i disagree with another merge, The previous merge already made the new player and mid-game player suffer from the inflation that its created.
  • VierzuVierzu
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    i disagree with a merger. nexon should put more effort to advertisement to bring in player base. in this games entire lifespan, the only advertisement ive ever see for it, is the exposure it gets on steam(i started in 2007, started this account earlier this year after coming back to finding no one i played with on nao still plays, and finding that people on the server arent very friendly. came to alexina on this account to start fresh. best move ever, because alexina populace just has a much more chill and friendly atmosphere going. sure, theres still rude people, or people who wanna play a victem over nothing, but far less than i found in the 3 days i played on nao before starting this account. the first merger was a catastrophy, so id sooner advocate that nexon spends money to make money in this case, by advertising the game. weve got a ton of great content that you dont even need players to display, lots of epic looking storyline videos, and the freedom to literally do pretty much anything you can in other games, to much more indepth and interactive level, all of which would be highly enticing for many of the mmo'ers out there who want something more than "only" hack and slash gameplay.
    Fizzlepop
  • MarsBarsFromTheStarsMarsBarsFromTheStars
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    edited May 14, 2021
    I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion that will be met with backlash, but I don't think they should merge Alexina and Nao. The lag that events bring with everybody and their alts showing up is already awful (not to mention the number of people that crowd event NPCs). I can't even imagine how bad it's going to be if they merge the servers. Again, that's just my two cents.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    And now it's time for me to give my response I give to this thread every time I see it... Merging the servers is a temporary solution to a much deeper problem that won't be fixed if this comes to pass. It's like trying to treat a gaping wound with a bandaid. It's just not enough to fix the problem.

The problem isn't that the servers need to merge. It's the fact that the game is dying and no one wants to just let the game die. This game honestly needs to call it a day and move on, or it needs to figure out what's making people leave the game (which is why the servers are "dead"). This game wouldn't need a server merge if they could bring in enough people to fill the servers.

The game just isn't played anymore by a majority of the people who used to play this game. I mean, if you were a new person looking for a game to play and you didn't have any data on this game... Let's be perfectly honest, you'd probably not play it for long because at this point, the game is unbalanced or unfair in almost every area of gameplay (Sometimes intentional, sometimes the result of things updated in the game that makes older content irrelevant), you can't do some things without knowing the right people (For example, you will never run Tech Duinn missions unless you have friends that run it with you, because most people won't run most of those missions with people who they don't know), and the game's graphics are still over 10 years old.

The game was great while it lasted, but honestly, the game use such tactics to keep itself alive forever. At some point, Nexon and Devcat are going to have to call it and let the game die. If they could manage to revamp the game and somehow have it be up to today's standards for online games, there's a good chance they could bring back the people they've lost over the years, but it would have to be a REALLY good revamp.
    Bronzebreak
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Squee wrote: »
    -snip-

I still feel rather strongly that one playspace is ideal over multiple (even multi-platform, which is more relevant for non MMOs); I think a final merge sets up the game the best in order to then address those issues, without having to worry about different responses with different groups of people.

It also -in theory- would help limit loss of players if there was a single, large active community methinks. Surely, they'd need to fix lag and other issues otherwise, but doing it with multiple servers seems like it just adds another needless layer of complexity.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    The community wants the merge, Nexon.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I have been advocating a merge for years and still do. I would be willing to wait, provided Nexon makes it clear that they are working to implement solutions to the naming issues that have been discussed on these forums thus far. There would be two ways to roll this out:
    1) Let the community know that a satisfactory solution to the naming issue is in the works and that the merge will follow or,
    2) Have the merge now, that it will be as sloppy as the last one notwithstanding, with the realization that it will all be fixed after-the-fact. If Nexon has no intention to fix the naming issues then let's have the merge immediately so that the community can be united sooner and have more time together before the game shuts down forever.
    Bronzebreak