Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Alexina is basically dead

JulieJulie
Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
in General Chat
I saw this coming a mile away after i saw the server merge and seen Alexina left out as well as be the second in the spot for making a character in. Why? because this game doesnt have the same population it had a decade ago. Now i cant even find randos to socialize which is one of the most recognizable things about this game, its sad.
Crimsọn

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    This is the 3rd merge Alexina thread in the past week. You want them to merge Alexina? You all are gonna have to stay logged off and basically prove that Alexina is 100% decimated. In the meantime so you don't miss out on events come and hang out in Nao.

I'm actually serious about this suggestion for you all. Stay logged out from Alexina and come hang out on Nao until they do merge because once they do everything will just be combined anyway.

This effectively will become your protest.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited May 6, 2021
    I can't tell if Crimson is trolling or not, but this thread is hilarious.

Kill your own server population out of protest for a merge, as if this isn't already why Alexina is already "dead" in addition to some of them moving to Nao.

Okay, yeah. Do that. :joy: That'll encourage more people to join your server, for sure. :joy:
    WolfsingerBronzebreak
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited May 6, 2021
    There is a logic behind what Crimsy suggests, but I think most will take the "I'll let others do that instead" approach.

Since, I shop strictly through the auction house, I almost never go to channel 1, but just last night I found myself in Dunby square on channel 1; there were four shops open. If you are in a well run and active guild or just login for event stuff & AFK, one can be unaware of the degree that activity has declined here.

The issue is that the game was released as a multi-server enterprise; it need not have been. When you have more than one server, one of them will always become the favourite. The favourite will grow while the others atrophy. It's not a people being evil thing, it's just people being people. If you are new to the game you will likely choose the server the friend that introduced you is on. If you come on your own, people are likely to choose the most active one; it's the natural thing to do. One server will always be the most active; it's inherent in the design. The one that is the most active will stay as such and continue to dominate by more and more.

The final merge is inevitable.
    CrimsọnBronzebreak
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 6, 2021
    I'm just saying threads won't work in this situation this time, a more proactive approach is needed. I'm not trying to suggest destroying Alexina's community outright but rather kick things into motion to where they will have to do something and by doing something - I mean make them merge Alexina. Lol. This is what you guys want right? It's already happening, accelerate it.

I'm 100% serious, not trolling at all. Show them that Alexina is utterly dead by not logging into that server and increase activity on Nao. That way they will have to merge. It's pretty simple logic.
  • OroshisamaOroshisama
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    I think it would be a pretty bad idea to just have everyone abandon Alexina like that.. Like I get where you're coming from buuuuut I doubt that would push it.. They really just don't seem to care.. and that would just leave Alexina dead forever. They probably just want everyone to eventually give up on Alexina and make Nao accounts anyways
    Bronzebreak
    edited May 6, 2021
    I know there's no malice here, trust. But, my question is, how does not being on Alexina fix the issue of population? Why are we yet again repeating 2019? Abandon Alexina in protest of another merge, while complaining about dead servers? And what if Nao doesn't want a merge? Screw everyone else? Only what you want matters, once again?

The dogma that a merge must and will happen on basis on no evidence nor official statement whatsoever is not convincing me; it's pushing me to believe that it's more of a selfish desire being presented as an absolute to coerce people into joining the merge cult, as if no other option exists. The approach doesn't have to be another merge, people. There's many other ways to handle this without destroying the last bit of the game we have left. Please, just stop and think for a second.

Generally speaking, I also don't understand how shooting yourselves in the foot to get the bleeding to stop makes any reasonable sense. The logic is simple, but not sound. This is like watching children throw a tantrum and throw their toys out of the vehicle until the parents get them the shiny doll they want from the other kid. Now you have no toys and no shiny doll. And even if you got the doll, it's now all you have and the other kid hates you for it. Congratulations: you've made everyone more miserable.

I also don't know why Alexina players are still making this a personal thing with Nexon, as if nobody else had to put up with being the underdog server for nearly a whole decade and as if Nexon made their players quit and move to Nao. It's not their fault, guys, and they're not obligated to fix what your old members broke. If they do merge, fine. Get ready to lose Mabinogi as a whole, because you couldn't be bothered to learn from the mistakes of other games and find solutions that didn't make more players quit the game as a result of "unforeseen problems" like inflation.

EDIT: But, you know what? I'm at a point where I'm just tempted to let all of you destroy the community and just let Mabi's end come along. If the Devs are dumb enough to indulge your requests, then both they and we all deserve it. You won't learn.
    PolicromaBronzebreak
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 6, 2021
    Oroshisama wrote: »
    I think it would be a pretty bad idea to just have everyone abandon Alexina like that.. Like I get where you're coming from buuuuut I doubt that would push it.. They really just don't seem to care.. and that would just leave Alexina dead forever. They probably just want everyone to eventually give up on Alexina and make Nao accounts anyways

They do but they are not authorized to make that decision without the required data. They are not even allowed to discuss it AT ALL because of the unrest it generates. But don't be so pessimistic. When the data clearly shows the death of a server then action will be taken.

I know there's no malice here, trust. But, my question is, how does not being on Alexina fix the issue of population? Why are we yet again repeating 2019? Abandon Alexina in protest of another merge, while complaining about dead servers? And what if Nao doesn't want a merge? Screw everyone else? Only what you want matters, once again?

The dogma that a merge must and will happen on basis on no evidence nor official statement whatsoever is not convincing me; it's pushing me to believe that it's more of a selfish desire being presented as an absolute to coerce people into joining the merge cult, as if no other option exists. The approach doesn't have to be another merge, people. There's many other ways to handle this without destroying the last bit of the game we have left. Please, just stop and think for a second.

Generally speaking, I also don't understand how shooting yourselves in the foot to get the bleeding to stop makes any reasonable sense. The logic is simple, but not sound. This is like watching children throw a tantrum and throw their toys out of the vehicle until the parents get them the shiny doll they want from the other kid. Now you have no toys and no shiny doll. And even if you got the doll, it's now all you have and the other kid hates you for it. Congratulations: you've made everyone more miserable.

I also don't know why Alexina players are still making this a personal thing with Nexon, as if nobody else had to put up with being the underdog server for nearly a whole decade and as if Nexon made their players quit and move to Nao. It's not their fault, guys, and they're not obligated to fix what your old members broke. If they do merge, fine. Get ready to lose Mabinogi as a whole, because you couldn't be bothered to learn from the mistakes of other games and find solutions that didn't make more players quit the game as a result of "unforeseen problems" like inflation.

EDIT: But, you know what? I'm at a point where I'm just tempted to let all of you destroy the community and just let Mabi's end come along. If the Devs are dumb enough to indulge your requests, then both they and we all deserve it. You won't learn.

There were plenty of players who protested the merge. Calling Ruairi toxic and a bunch of other excuses and whining. The other servers were dying, you know this very well. I saw your star wars style comment in the other thread so lets not hash out what you and I already know. The benefits outweigh people's gripes on the stuff they have no understanding of. We don't need a huge essay to point out the obvious or debate this into oblivion.
    edited May 6, 2021
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Oroshisama wrote: »

They do but they are not authorized to make that decision without the required data. Don't be so pessimistic. When the data clearly shows the death of a server then action will be taken.

None of Tarlach, Mari, or Ruairi were "dead." Nothing you're saying has any substance, Crimson.
    Oroshisama
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 6, 2021
    None of Tarlach, Mari, or Ruairi were "dead." Nothing you're saying has any substance, Crimson.

Dying and dead are different states of being. I ain't doing this with you.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I think Crimsys idea is that if the folks on Alexina, for now, play on Nao, that it would, in the short term lower activity on Alexina to the same critical situation that compelled Nexon to create Nao. With Alexina merged in then those Alexina folks could go then back to their main characters as the ex Tarlach/Ruairi/Mari folks did from Alexina back to Nao. It's basically a proactive collectivist bottom-up approach to forcing Nexon's hand.
    Crimsọn
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030

half of this here that you wrote is just pure projection, maybe it takes a little more than 5 afking players on channel 1 in dunbarton to convince you that Alexina has a population issue going on, maybe the 2 people and I that we bumped into talking about the population issue where we all come down to admit that Alexina is dying if not dead is a little overexaggerating for you. But from that post of yours alone, youre the one taking it quite personally, and as far as im aware of, Nao's population is just fine after the merging. So i fail to see the issue with yet another merge, if anything it will make the community stronger on Mabinogi.

And as i said before, i saw this issue with Alexina coming here from a mile away when the Nao server was created, if anything, Nexon messed up by not including everyone in the same server, Mabi doesnt have the same population it had a decade ago.
    CrimsọnBronzebreak
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Imouto-Chan thread !And it also happens to be the type of thread/discussion I should jump into...

Re : Players Quitting
    Anything that is on-line will have a very high attrition-rate (Mabinogi used to be an exception to that during its earlier years from what I observed and remember). I have seen the trends/patterns to this, and, another game in the past had significantly similar success, but, the common theme that I have seen between both that game and Mabinogi is that «skills available to use» became more limited/restricted rather than having lots of different options for how you would go about using skill-sets. For the other title, they used to have an option to 8-Tier multi-class (much as it became grindy to try to gain all of the experience-points needed to be able to access/activate/unlock anything past the 4th Tier, and, I think only one player or maybe two or three others at the very most ever managed to pull off Five-Class-ing [usually anybody who managed to max out 4-Tier multi-classing stopped at that since it was already time-consuming enough]) .

A time also came along when, for whatever reason, someone(s) amongst the Nexon/Mabinogi chain(s)-of-command(s) decided to go all-out over-board authoritarian and did just about everything they could to absurdly ban/punish just about anybody and everybody for even the most trivial of reasons and even non-reasons, and, once you do that, you basically permanently lose the trust (and thus «customer-loyalty» that you otherwise would have had). Why should they even bother coming back or remaining active if they have ever felt that your «sanctions/punishments/etc» against them may have been/were/are excessive/unreasonable/etc ? Even IF they were doing something that were so-called «against the ToS/EULA/ToC/etc», and I have read these things, myself, and the way they are all worded almost exactly the same way amongst all game-publisher companies world-wide only confirms the «research» that I have done which leads me to «conclude» things that will make the «ignorant» call me a «conspiracy theorist» in the pejorative (and it makes NO DIFFERENCE as to in which language nor game-company I read them from, whether it come from Taiwan, Korea, Japan, anywhere out of Europe, even the Americas, etc., all of it essentially points to some sort of «one-world government» legalese). The QUESTION, then, I am forced or rather compelled to ask, are ALL of the «rules/terms/conditions/etc.» really and actually in the category of what is reasonable ? I surmise, upon reading them all, that, I can only answer with a [forgot what word is supposed to go here] and resolute NO (and, do you even know who came up with [or «dreamed up»] all of those rules/regulations/terms/conditions/etc., and the «logic» that they were using for each and every clause, because it most certainly was not something that came up from scratch [although this gets into more «complicated» things so I will let you have digest-time to ponder the answers to these questions]).

Spoiler: Speaking of Legalese... here is another random-spoiler fun-fact about the U.N.'s origins...
    Who was the first country to sign the UN Charter?

According to the UN Yearbook, 1946-1947, China was the first to sign the UN Charter.

Page 33 para 15 of the UN Yearbook states: "...On the following day the signing ceremony took place in the Veterans War Memorial Building at San Francisco. China, in recognition of its long-standing fight against aggression, was accorded the honor of being the first to sign. It was arranged that the signatures of the U.S.S.R., the United Kingdom and France should follow, and then, in alphabetical order, the remaining nations, with the United States, as host country, signing last. As each delegation came forward to sign, its chairman made an official speech to commemorate his country's participation in the work of the Conference"

Further information about the UN Charter can be found in our Charter of the United Nations Research Guide.

UN Photo/McCreary 118004__1_.jpg
    Quoted from https://ask.un.org/faq/14588

Anyway, considering how there are now literally billions of game-titles in existence (probably), assurèdly, anybody who «no longer trusts the company» will probably no longer feel like even bothering to log in if they have any reason to fear/suspect that they might end up getting banned/punished (again) for whatever reason, and, considering how «money-worshipping» the whole entire world seems to be (depicted in that «They Live» movie with Roddy Roddy Piper how «Money = Your God» was apparently some sort of hidden/subliminal-message that makes the whole entire world literally act like $$$ is some sort of god), plenty of other game-companies/developers would be happy to «serve their new paying customers» who may have left your company/business because of their loss-of-trust in you («It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.» -Warren Buffet [and, damnit, I swear someone keeps sending anything I post to Patrick, especially if I make any sort of business-reference, for him to read who then makes his next YouTube video based on something I had written here of all places ! O_O]). Anyway, I only mention this because, back in one of my previous threads about advertising, several people (assuming that it's not just one guy with a bunch of alts pretending to be a bunch of different people saying the same or similar things) literally responded that, when he (or was that a she ?) tried to get their «friends» to join them in/on playing Mabinogi, they apparently described their friends' responses as being one where they basically were like «Nexon ? No thanks» and essentially declined their friend's invitation. Anyway... this deserves being repeated : «It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.» -Warren Buffet

Whilst these are not the only reasons people leave/quit/etc., from what I have observed over the span of various game-lives, they seem to be amongst the two most-significant factors as to when I then saw what can only be described as «sudden population-declines» even though they actually had and held steady (or even growing) populations up until that point. One of the «aspects» of Mabinogi that I used to «enjoy» but cannot any more was the creation of various-grade Ice-Mines (yes, more «preparation-time» involved than just going straight into fighting, but, back then, this served a «strategic» purpose and could be very effective if/when done right). These days...? Useless (like, once certain/various changes to the combat-system took place, they literally rendered like 70% or more of all of the skills/abilities to be essentially useless to the point where there was almost no reason to use any other skill-set than wasn't Chain-Blades or sometimes Shuriken-related). I have always been the type of gamer who tries to take on challenges that were meant for levels much higher than was recommended for my character, and, I would often succeed at eventually coming up with a «strategy» that worked to pull it off. That sort of element/feel is no longer in existence here... either you have the ability to «spam the DPS» or not. Sure, the «evolution» of Mabinogi has become something that now actually goes beyond merely calling it «God-Wars» (something they often said from that other title I was referring to : «This isn't God Wars»), probably, but, what «fun» is that in comparison to having multiple options available (rather than being pigeon-holed and/or regulated to what is essentially less than 30% of the whole entire available skill-sets in order to be of any use) instead of just «trying to throw out as much DPS as possible» so that you don't get swarmed-in on and gang-tackled by spawns that now seem to literally number in the multiples of dozens ? (Like, seriously, attempting to «single out» any monster of any of the newest content is now literally impossible since «insta-multi-agro» is apparently the «norm» in game-play for any currently existing content that hasn't become a «joke» like those Shadow-Missions [even what was once called «Elite» is really more like some «Rag-Doll flicking» hitting experience]).

And the «Dailies Quests» are also now mis-placed. Why Shadow-Missions of all things ? Oh, and those Veteran-Dungeons nobody bothers to do, too. The «Dailies Quests» ought to be changed to Quests/Missions for things that the population currently wants to farm for (like, say, Kraken-Runs, that Bard-Mission where people often spam to obtain Echo-Stones, perhaps even those Daily Dragon-Raids, etc). Speaking of Dragon-Raids, rather than make us have to download external timers/alarm-clocks, and, yes, I am aware that there is an in-game alarm-clock (they put that alarm in there because of something I posted in the past by the way, not that that post exists any more, since it was not during the current version of these forums), there ought to be instead an option in-client where there is a «Count-Down Timer» if you are planning/wanting to join those Raid-Quests/Missions, with, perhaps, some sort of «Sign-Up Roster» where you can «register» your character for that particular day so that other players can see if anybody is planning on attending that Raid/Quest/Mission/Daily or not (similar to «Registering» for Events but with a public-roster that anybody else can view for what-ever reason, for example, say a friend wanted to check whether you are planning on attending a particular raid or not, then they decide to come join you). Anyone, one of the biggest/major reasons for the seemingly «dead» population is really just the lack of «time-management/orgnisational-tools» for players to be able to co-ordinate/determine whether there will be enough of them at some certain specified time/location some particular activity (anybody who actively tries to make for consistent full-party Girgashiy raids knows that this process is more about either their guild-management and/or friend-list-recruitment ability which I think requires a bit too much «manual» communication).

Anyway, longer than I intended to respond, but, this is also still worth repeating : «It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.» -Warren Buffet
    edited May 7, 2021
    To Crimson:
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Dying and dead are different states of being. I ain't doing this with you.

Yeah, same here, Crimson. I don't have time to play semantics with you. Put up or shut up. Nothing you're saying has any basis in reality. You made claims and didn't back them up and when pressed, you run. You do this every time I question you.

To Julie:
    Julie wrote: »
    But from that post of yours alone, youre the one taking it quite personally, and as far as im aware of, Nao's population is just fine after the merging. So i fail to see the issue with yet another merge, if anything it will make the community stronger on Mabinogi.
    But, the economy is not. You're so obsessed with population that you're not paying attention to the other aspects of what constructs a community. There's more to what drives a population than just numbers, people. If you have an inflation problem, you'll lose most of the population you're trying to create and that's exactly what happened in Nao. Forgive me if I don't trust the economic judgments of a person who prioritizes socializing over gameplay and marketing. You don't understand what you're talking about.

I'm not going to sit here and let you gaslight me as if none of you have been accusing Nexon of "not caring" about you or the game, or as if none of you complain about "Dead servers." It's also personal for me, sure, when you're asking me and other Nao residents to eat another merge on your behalf; you're not considering what's going to happen to Nao's residents if they do give you what you want. Yes, if you all quit your server in protest, then you're acting like children throwing a tantrum and you don't care what happens to everyone else as long as you get what you want. I'm not projecting anything by telling you what happened before and asking you why you're demanding for it to happen again, just because you weren't involved the first time.

I'm telling you that we on Nao have quite enough problems with a monopolized economy that will only get worse when you advocate for a one-world, inescapable system where only those who pay the most run the entire ecosystem, because demand has inflated costs to such a high degree and none of you socialites can be bothered to get strong enough or put time into running some content. For people to complain so much about "pay to win" and "inflation," you advocate for almost everything possible that exacerbates all of it and I'm not going to sit here and let you put us through this again.

To Helsa:
    Helsa wrote: »
    I think Crimsys idea is that if the folks on Alexina, for now, play on Nao, that it would, in the short term lower activity on Alexina to the same critical situation that compelled Nexon to create Nao. With Alexina merged in then those Alexina folks could go then back to their main characters as the ex Tarlach/Ruairi/Mari folks did from Alexina back to Nao. It's basically a proactive collectivist bottom-up approach to forcing Nexon's hand.

Yeah, I know what you're suggesting. I know collectivism very well and that's exactly why I called this whole thing a "merge cult" in the first place. You're doggedly pursing a means to an end and you don't care what happens as long as the end goal is reached; you'll shoot even yourselves in the foot as long as it gets you what you want and that is beyond sociopathic to a destructive degree. It is not rational in any way.

• HelsaHelsa
    Hang on folks maybe you each have a different definition of "dead"? @Crimsọn @Momma_Sophie What do you each consider a server being "dead" as meaning?
    edited May 7, 2021
    Hang on folks maybe you each have a different definition of "dead"? @Crimsọn @Momma_Sophie What do you each consider a server being "dead" as meaning?
    This would help reduce semantical dodging, so I'll participate.

The dictionary definition is what I use: "No longer alive."
    That means as long as there's even 1 player, the server is not "dead."
    The problem is that people have ridiculously high standards for a game that's existed for over a decade. It's not going to be like Fortnite or Animal Crossing. It's a relic; an antique. You appreciate relics for their history and the meaning of their existence and sometimes you can polish them to add some shine. Anything more breaks it. That's it.
  • HelsaHelsa

The problem is that people have ridiculously high standards for a game that's existed for over a decade. It's not going to be like Fortnite or Animal Crossing. It's a relic; an antique. You appreciate relics for their history and the meaning of their existence and sometimes you can polish them to add some shine. Anything more breaks it. That's it.

Great thanks! I won't presume what Crimsys definition is but I'd suspect that "dead" for them is more than that. So, instead of saying "dead" perhaps you both could substitute a word that means: "a low enough level of activity that continued maintenance of the server is not economically viable for Nexon". Isn't that really what the discussion should be about?
    Bronzebreak
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 7, 2021

This, thank you.

I don't have time or patience for nonsensical filibuster Sophie. It's exactly as Julie stated. I am not running away, I just choose not to engage you since it's pointless. I could humor you and tell you all the reasons why I think you are full of bs on each of your points but I rather not waste time and be more proactive.

Sorry.
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    woah julie threads never disappoint, looks like someone in this thread needs to touch grass lol
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    edited May 8, 2021
    Same song second verse, same as the first.

I personally an opposed to merging again, at least at the given moment, in part because I don't think everyone - or enough people - is prepared for that yet, and I'm not yet convinced they'll do it better considering some of the still-lingering issues after the merge. And its been how long now?

Nao definitely has a more active running population at the moment, I can say that with certainty after making a character a few weeks ago. The lag in the shopping channel reminds me of the old days where I had to minimize EVERYTHING graphics-wise to stay on said channel back when my computer was a potato (y'all mind if we spread out a bit into Belvast again, ease up the Dunby lag? Lol). I've seen a fair portion of people running around as well (except for shadow missions, funny enough. I can't think of a time yet where I haven't had to wait a long time to get a party on Nao yet).
    I've seen a reasonably healthy number of shops open on Alexina's ch1, however, when I get on. Typically at least half the space gets used with a few people hanging around on the corners of the other half, or at least that was the case a couple weeks ago, before semester finals started for me, so I've been on a bit less. A lot of the activity seems to depend what time of day one's around as well. I'm not saying its perfect, but I think there's still enough people running around to count as 'alive'. The problem is finding the active ones from the afk-ers.

Its not great by any stretch, but I don't think its at the stage I would call it 'dead' yet. I'd say we're still treading water decently well. That's just my opinion on it. But there are some technological things I would like worked out for certainty before they even consider trying to merge again, both for Alexina's sakes and so Nao doesn't have a round 2 of nightmares.
    GretaBronzebreakSherri
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

And this here is the problem.

You guys want to see dead servers? Try to log into Everquest (1 or 2, doesn't matter.) Even during events you may see a player or two (and their chain of "cousins" in tow) in any town EVER. There are commands to see the number of players on a server or zone at any given time, and more often than not, it's in the single digits. On a good day, it's in the low double digits. Much as I like the lore in those games, *that* is a dying game.

I get that Alexina is not as crazy crowded as it used to be. But it is not "dead" by any understanding of the word. Just out of curiosity, popped over to Dunby channel 1 on my lunch break. There's plenty of shops open. (Not so many that you can't find a space, but yes, they're open.) And there's both active music groups (the players are chatting) and people playing the paper tile thing. And of course, there's a pile of AFKers around the event NPCs. Generally speaking, there's players scattered everywhere, and the area is active with people running in and out.

The other problem is there's reasons for having at least 2 servers open. Want to get away from an abusive player the mods won't do anything about, but don't want to quit either? If there's only one server, you're not getting out of that.

Lastly, if you remember right, they had to shut down new-character sign-ups for a *month* to prepare for Nao. Imagine them shutting the game down to *all* new players for a month. That is *not* happening.

I don't remember what Tarlach was like in the old days, as I never was on that server. But I will say this: There was always a crowd of people vehemently defending the community there, and they were always ready to say the server isn't dead.

Now, one last thing...

Player shops. You know what killed these? Auction house. Which is probably why the devs were so paranoid of giving it to us for years on end. Probably because they expected threads exactly like this.

There's still advantages to player shops. You can grab impulse buyers and window shoppers that don't know they want an item until they see it available. Which is why I occasionally do kiosks and player shops. And they still get plenty of traffic.
    WolfsingerMomma_SophieGretaBronzebreakSherri
This discussion has been closed.