Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why are you trying to return to Mabinog ? O_O

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in General Chat
I get that on-line games have their «life-cycles»* and people may go through various periods of up and down times in their lives; people come, people go, people return, people leave, people lurk, people participate, people refuse to participate, populations rise and fall, etc.
*Life-Cycles : Although this is of course true for anything that involves anything called : Life, all of existence itself consists of various «cycles» (whether it be the weather-cycles, orbitational-rotation-cycles, business-cycles, bi-cycles, tri-cycles, lunar-cycles, solar-cycles, billing cycles, major-war-every-20-years-because-of-a-fraudulent-interntional-bankster-system-cycle-that-would-otherwise-result-in-a-complete-and-total-world-wide-financial-collapse-if-there-is-a-failure-to-kill-off-a-high-percentage-of-the-world-population, etc._, anything «cyclic» generally has a predictable course-of-events (for «history» is a repeating process after all), and «games» are things that most people will either eventually «out-grow» or just «retire» from once they can no longer complete with the younger generations of sports-athletes (depending on the type of «game» in question of course, for professional-sports and on-line MMORPGs are certainly two very different categories). Almost like a «rise and fall of civilisations» scenario (not that everything written in those so-called «history» books are always honest nor accurate).

Thought I had more to ADD but I guess not. Also, guys, make sure to use good passwords, sort of like...
  1. Well...? (Refer to Thread-Title)12 votes
    1. Got bored with other games...
       8% (1 vote)
    2. Finally got unbanned
       8% (1 vote)
    3. I would be embarrassed to answer the question for SM-recruitment : «Got any friends ?»
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Finally got out of jail (and damn those corrupt cops who falsely accuse me of crimes I never commit)
       8% (1 vote)
    5. Finally got out of school and want to do something that doesn't involve «indoctrinating» myself...
       8% (1 vote)
    6. I got «the shot» and am now too sick/disabled to work so may as well play something...
       0% (0 votes)
    7. Lost my job and am too depressed to do anything else other than try to live an on-line fantasy life~
       0% (0 votes)
    8. ...just out of random curiosity
       8% (1 vote)
    9. I never actually left... I just... server-hopped (changed servers)
       0% (0 votes)
    10. ...because I like to AFK (and if I don't «like» to AFK then it is because I *must* go AFK).
       0% (0 votes)
    11. New (virtual) clothing came out that I want to wear (virtually)
       0% (0 votes)
    12. Trolololololol j/k as *if* I'd *actually* return
       0% (0 votes)
    13. Only really here for «Events» otherwise I can't actually be bothered...
       0% (0 votes)
    14. Attempting to see if any of my old friends from before may still be around...?
       0% (0 votes)
    15. I am actually some-how being dragged in here against my will...! O_O
       0% (0 votes)
    16. ...only here to finish up an unfinished Generation
       0% (0 votes)
    17. Actually, I only came here to post on or at least just read the forums, not actually play...
       17% (2 votes)
    18. Too invested at this point to just quit for-ever...
       17% (2 votes)
    19. Only to delete this account (and any/every other account I may have ever created)
       0% (0 votes)
    20. Was reminded of the *existence* of this game due to an e-mail reminder
       0% (0 votes)
    21. Was reminded of the *existence* of this game due to coming across a recent advertisement
       0% (0 votes)
    22. HOLY HELL YOU MEAN THIS GAME IS STILL AROUND!? O_O
       8% (1 vote)
    23. I has my reasons by they are of the «Other» category...
       17% (2 votes)

Comments

• JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    I have a bad gpu right now and not many choices of games to play other tan old ones, i got bored and got hit nostalgia so i came back here.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Actually, I only came here to post on or at least just read the forums, not actually play...

That's like everyone else besides me. :trollface:
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Here because I still love the game. Unironically and ironically.
    you can guess which option I chose :P
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    mental health, apparently socializing is good for me lol
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    (Regarding GPU) Is that all ? A lot of people seem to have gone the «Mobile-Games» route lately.
    I don't see how your «choices» are limited given how there must be like billions of games in existence by now.
    Far too many «mobile-games» to count, and, if you use a VPN and/or GPS-Location-Changer for your device, you can even get «Advertisements» for games that are only available/advertised to other countries, too. I suppose the only issue there is as to whether or not you can actually read their language in order to be able to even play those other foreign-language games...
    Julie wrote: »
    I have a bad gpu right now and not many choices of games to play other tan old ones, i got bored and got hit nostalgia so i came back here.
    Spoiler-Content : Examples of what you might find advertised to you using a Tokyo/Japan GPS/VPN-Location...
    uEmccd5.jpg
    MARUMFh.jpg
    Julie
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Habimaru wrote: »
    (Regarding GPU) Is that all ? A lot of people seem to have gone the «Mobile-Games» route lately.
    I don't see how your «choices» are limited given how there must be like billions of games in existence by now.
    Far too many «mobile-games» to count, and, if you use a VPN and/or GPS-Location-Changer for your device, you can even get «Advertisements» for games that are only available/advertised to other countries, too. I suppose the only issue there is as to whether or not you can actually read their language in order to be able to even play those other foreign-language games...
    Julie wrote: »
    Spoiler-Content : Examples of what you might find advertised to you using a Tokyo/Japan GPS/VPN-Location...
    uEmccd5.jpg
    MARUMFh.jpg
    Mobile games for me are rather just appetizers for me, i get bored of them too quickly. I want a meal and mabi is still that for me.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    edited May 11, 2021
    I never left (unless you count my absence before 2016). Always loved the game and I never want to see it go away.
    Wolfsinger
  • HaediHaedi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Because I wanted to talk to Blaanid more and hang out with her. My motivation is basically Blaanid now.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Honestly, I don't even play anymore. I tried to come back to the game back in G23 after being gone since G19 (The story was really boring for G19 and I didn't like the Alban Knights or the crusador skills at all), and for some reason, no matter how much stronger I get, it feels like I'm capped at about 1k to 1.5k in most of my stats even though some people are running around with like 2500 or more on some stats (which I don't know how people are getting such huge stats since I maxed out more skills than anyone else almost maxing out every skillset except ninja and those are all rank 5 or above). I couldn't figure it out in order so I could beat G24 and G25, but I can't figure it out, so I gave up on the game again.

Now I just come to the forums to see what's up with the community.