Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A Fresh Memory Celebration

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited May 11, 2021 in Vault
To celebrate the new update, A Fresh Memory, we've prepared different events to participate in! Talk to Brave Booster Caravan Joe for additional rewards while completing the updated Memoir Books. Check in every day for even more rewards from Blaanid! Additionally, for a limited time, rain is now cherry blossoms to celebrate! Check out the details on the webpost.

Event Dates: Thursday, May 13th, After Maintenance - Thursday, May 27th, Before Maintenance
Event Dates: Thursday, May 13th, After Maintenance - Thursday, June 10th, Before Maintenance

210507-mbw-2580-memorybookoverhaul-940x290.jpg
Wolfsinger

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I will fill my homestead with cherry blossoms everywhere. The whole bloody thing.
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    I will fill my homestead with cherry blossoms everywhere. The whole bloody thing.

After applying the 6th Homestead expansion first. :)

Because of the wind effect, with Cherry Blossom trees, you either install just one or, as you say, fill the Homestead. In between doesn't work so well. To get more variety out of your trees, you rotate them so that when viewing the homestead they appear to be more natural due to the variety of shapes. The problem with Cherry Blossom trees is the wind effect implies a wind direction. If you have just one of them then it's not a problem. If your homestead is a cherry blossom orchard, then it just looks like the cherry blossoms are "in the air". In between though you either have uniform wind direction with uniform looking trees, or you have variety in the trees and nonsensical wind patterns.
    Bronzebreak
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Helsa wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »

After applying the 6th Homestead expansion first. :)

Because of the wind effect, with Cherry Blossom trees, you either install just one or, as you say, fill the Homestead. In between doesn't work so well. To get more variety out of your trees, you rotate them so that when viewing the homestead they appear to be more natural due to the variety of shapes. The problem with Cherry Blossom trees is the wind effect implies a wind direction. If you have just one of them then it's not a problem. If your homestead is a cherry blossom orchard, then it just looks like the cherry blossoms are "in the air". In between though you either have uniform wind direction with uniform looking trees, or you have variety in the trees and nonsensical wind patterns.

Thanks for the advice, time to dress this place up like there's no tomorrow XD
    Musicat
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    edited May 13, 2021
    There are so many medium-sized bags on the ground at dunby
    its beautiful XD
  • ChocolatChocolat
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Is the voice acting added only for the Memory quest? I could have sworn I haven't seen any voice acting before, it surprised me.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    edited May 13, 2021
    Kinda mixed feelings about the skill rank ups I got from this, after completing third memoir. Like on the one hand that's a heck of a lot of grinding and quest running I was just saved the time and trouble of doing, but in a way I feel oddly cheated of things to do? Really strange feeling, one I'm pretty sure is a just-me thing too, but yeah. Huh XD
    Though I definitely don't feel bad about the chain skill one that made me run after Rua. Friggin heck that creature is hard to pin down XD

I do feel accomplished though and fired up for completing the fourth book. I like a lot of the changes done, this was pretty fun~
    Bronzebreak
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    TFW you insta complete chapter 4
    Bronzebreak
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    Probably a dumb question , but after talking to Boost Joe, how do you start the Boost ? When do you get the first quest , A Blue Fragrance on the Wind ?
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    You can find it in your Basic Quest Tab.
  • An0nym0usAn0nym0us
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    I have a problem with the Be Fancy: All About Outfits part of the second memoir. After giving the Blaanid outfit a reforge and an upgrade I wasn't able to complete the quest even after speaking with Blaanid. Has anyone else had this problem? I can't complete the second memoir unless this gets resolved. Any advice will be appreciated.
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    An0nym0us wrote: »
    I have a problem with the Be Fancy: All About Outfits part of the second memoir. After giving the Blaanid outfit a reforge and an upgrade I wasn't able to complete the quest even after speaking with Blaanid. Has anyone else had this problem? I can't complete the second memoir unless this gets resolved. Any advice will be appreciated.

And you're wearing the outfit as you talk to her?
    Bronzebreak
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited May 16, 2021
    orcabluewa wrote: »
    Probably a dumb question , but after talking to Boost Joe, how do you start the Boost ? When do you get the first quest , A Blue Fragrance on the Wind ?
    @Caissa said it's in your Basic quest tab. Just in case.

The Meow decided to report on the occasion immediately, in case he wouldn't have an opportunity later. The Memoir introductory quest called A Blue Fragrance on the Wind has a description that goes on about having rebirthed and received a weapon from Duncan. Although it is suitable for beginners, the text looks quite irrelevant for those who have already spent considerable amounts of time on their journeys, set aside the fact that we don't speak with Duncan during this quest.
    Bronzebreak
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited May 16, 2021
    The Meow loves Blaanid's voice recordings! And even more so since he doesn't know the language and cannot hear any inaccuracy. Ah, the bliss of ignorance. He hopes they are just as great all throughout the Memoir storyline.
    P. S. This actually belongs to another forum topic. Meow's hand slipped. He apologises for the inconvenience.
    WolfsingerBronzebreak
  • mereekoomereekoo
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    hi mabi just wanted to say i loving the new update for the memorial book quest ...but iv'e run into a bit of a wall i know i read that nexon has made this quest for older players to do this quest as well for the new ...but hears the thing iv gotten to the part about homesteads in the second book buuuuut because my homestead is already level 14 (i love my homestead what can i say) i cant you's the tree thing Blannid's gave me to you's....am i forever stuck or is there away around this cus i would rilly love to finish the books this time around ....TwT and get the full outfit set as well...iv already started this on my elf character ..but he's to weak to finish the beltean missions but i would rilly love to do this on my main character if i can
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    mereekoo wrote: »
    hi mabi just wanted to say i loving the new update for the memorial book quest ...but iv'e run into a bit of a wall i know i read that nexon has made this quest for older players to do this quest as well for the new ...but hears the thing iv gotten to the part about homesteads in the second book buuuuut because my homestead is already level 14 (i love my homestead what can i say) i cant you's the tree thing Blannid's gave me to you's....am i forever stuck or is there away around this cus i would rilly love to finish the books this time around ....TwT and get the full outfit set as well...iv already started this on my elf character ..but he's to weak to finish the beltean missions but i would rilly love to do this on my main character if i can

So long as you put the plant down and then use the invite in your inv you should be able to get through that without any problems. I know I breezed right through it (homestead lvl 15 mate, love mine too (: ) Take a look at the book again and make sure you've followed all the steps. The invite will be in your Me tab if I remember right.
    You also don't have to complete the Baltane mission, you can leave it right after you enter.
    Bronzebreak
  • mereekoomereekoo
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    mereekoo wrote: »

So long as you put the plant down and then use the invite in your inv you should be able to get through that without any problems. I know I breezed right through it (homestead lvl 15 mate, love mine too (: ) Take a look at the book again and make sure you've followed all the steps. The invite will be in your Me tab if I remember right.
    You also don't have to complete the Baltane mission, you can leave it right after you enter.

oh my gosh! thanks so much it work!!! TwT
    Wolfsinger
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Chocolat wrote: »
    Is the voice acting added only for the Memory quest? I could have sworn I haven't seen any voice acting before, it surprised me.

Somewhat on the Laighlinne Partner, and there may have been other instances of VA that I don't recall, as I normally have Mabi muted.
    Wolfsinger