Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Reflections: Reforged update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/69963/reflections-reforged-patch-notes-november-4th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Billionaire's Bankroll

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,180
Posts: 1,517
Member, Administrator, Nexon
edited May 25 in Vault
Ethel the Billionaire is here to support your growth needs! Ethel will be providing support to all Milletians by covering 90% of your repair cost fees and selling passes to dungeons. Along with Ethel, drop rates will be increased and you can also obtain the maximum amount of keys, regardless of how many players are in the dungeon! Check out the details on the webpost.


Event Dates: Thursday, May 27th, After Maintenance - Thursday, July 8th, Before Maintenance

210525-mbw-2583-investinyourgrowth-940x290.jpg
Wolfsingermaurlx

Comments

  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,460
    Posts: 285
    Member
    Let the simulation begin. :joy:

    Looking forward to this becoming a permanent feature. Everyone not using alts will be on the level of those who do.
    Wolfsinger
  • WonderWeaselWonderWeasel
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    Posts: 16
    Member
    So I do have a question regarding this event, do we know exactly by how much the drop rate is increased? Is it x10 like previous events?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,705
    Posts: 8,639
    Member
    Probably less.
  • BigCheemsBigCheems
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
    What's up with not including AHM dungeons in the key drop portion of the event? This is still encouraging people who use multiclient and alts.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,460
    Posts: 285
    Member
    edited May 27
    BigCheems wrote: »
    What's up with not including AHM dungeons in the key drop portion of the event? This is still encouraging people who use multiclient and alts.

    I disagree with the perspective, but I agree with the reality. People who use alts stand to gain more from these boosts than people who don't. But, I can see the purpose in creating this dichotomy. Humor me for a bit as I relay this theory:
    In this experiment: there's a control group and a testing group.
    The testing group are the people who will run Tech Duinn, Mag Mell, Veteran, etc.
    The control group are the people who already use alts and will grind the other content boosted by the event.

    The purpose, I would surmise, is to be able to create two different scenarios to see where more activity and material farming occurs. The winning group determines game direction. What the conditions are for "winning" are determined by the devs.

    If the control group wins, then there's no point in changing the overall system of chest rewards. People would prefer to use alts in content, but with boosted rates to RNG and party play or chest access was never the issue.

    If the testing group wins, then there's a proven point in changing the system in other areas of the game and the RNG is not necessarily the issue; the chest access and incentive for party/solo/duo play is the issue.

    Regardless, alt-usage is not a violation of ToS; only multiclienting. This is not, never was, nor will be intended as a sort of "anti-alt" crusade, on that basis. Yet, neither result will change gameplay for people who people who currently use alts. The only potential changes will be for people who currently do not, as they would essentially be on the same level as those who currently do; it would even the playing field.

    So, I suggest you guys get started grinding to show them you actually want to play the content. :joy:
    Sherri
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,600
    Posts: 559
    Member
    edited May 27
    BigCheems wrote: »
    What's up with not including AHM dungeons in the key drop portion of the event? This is still encouraging people who use multiclient and alts.

    I disagree with the perspective, but I agree with the reality. People who use alts stand to gain more from these boosts than people who don't. But, I can see the purpose in creating this dichotomy. Humor me for a bit as I relay this theory:
    In this experiment: there's a control group and a testing group.
    The testing group are the people who will run Tech Duinn, Mag Mell, Veteran, etc.
    The control group are the people who already use alts and will grind the other content boosted by the event.

    The purpose, I would surmise, is to be able to create two different scenarios to see where more activity and material farming occurs. The winning group determines game direction. What the conditions are for "winning" are determined by the devs.

    If the control group wins, then there's no point in changing the overall system of chest rewards. People would prefer to use alts in content, but with boosted rates to RNG and party play or chest access was never the issue.

    If the testing group wins, then there's a proven point in changing the system in other areas of the game and the RNG is not necessarily the issue; the chest access and incentive for party/solo/duo play is the issue.

    Regardless, alt-usage is not a violation of ToS; only multiclienting. This is not, never was, nor will be intended as a sort of "anti-alt" crusade, on that basis. Yet, neither result will change gameplay for people who people who currently use alts. The only potential changes will be for people who currently do not, as they would essentially be on the same level as those who currently do; it would even the playing field.

    So, I suggest you guys get started grinding to show them you actually want to play the content. :joy:

    So basically I'm in a lose/lose situation because I want the RAHM drops more than the tech drops, but refuse to multiclient. :(

    (Dear Nexon: I'm running this dungeon because I want the drops more than I want Tech. Please please please please please consider making this permanent for dungeons as well!)
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,460
    Posts: 285
    Member
    edited May 27
    Policroma wrote: »

    So basically I'm in a lose/lose situation because I want the RAHM drops more than the tech drops, but refuse to multiclient. :(

    (Dear Nexon: I'm running this dungeon because I want the drops more than I want Tech. Please please please please please consider making this permanent for dungeons as well!)

    Oh, no. See, people were asking for the longest time for there to be 8p dungeon parties again. So, after giving that to us, they thought we'd be fine with that; I'd guess they assumed we would basically just mass farm the dungeons in those huge parties people said would make the game more awesome.

    So, there's the non-alt side of the control group in this experiment.
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,710
    Posts: 96
    Member
    edited May 27
    Has anyone noticed the 'repair rates' for the 90% seem to be most expensive then 90% off, maybe it's me, but I'm seriously doubting if it's just specific repairs, or just not working for me. Not trying to be accusatory, just trying to understand. And yes I accepted my main as my main character, no change in cost. Nvm, it's an option when talking to the npc to activate it I think. Talk about jumping through hoops.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,280
    Posts: 141
    Member

    Oh, no. See, people were asking for the longest time for there to be 8p dungeon parties again. So, after giving that to us, they thought we'd be fine with that; I'd guess they assumed we would basically just mass farm the dungeons in those huge parties people said would make the game more awesome.

    So, there's the non-alt side of the control group in this experiment.

    But this would ruin the experiment because alt's are not registered, so it would be impossible to tell if a party is 1 person and 7 alts or actually 8 real people, or a combination thereof. So a guild spamming RAHM 20 times vs the same guild spamming techs 5 times in 4 groups of 2 - still 8 people, generating 20 instances of the content, arguably the techs would likely take longer. RAHM would likely be more encouraging for every player not currently working on crafting endgame weapons (misty red gem or kraken heart hunting) so therefore the results of the suggested experiment would be entirely skewed.

    I do believe they are experimenting with the keys to see if it needs implemented, but I believe they are just checking to see how many groups are dropping in with fewer players vs dragging along under-leveled players or alt accounts just to grab the extra chests
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,460
    Posts: 285
    Member
    edited May 28
    Stormbeast wrote: »
    But this would ruin the experiment because alt's are not registered, so it would be impossible to tell if a party is 1 person and 7 alts or actually 8 real people, or a combination thereof.
    Clear time. :joy:
    Joking aside, I think you missed the whole point of what I was saying.
    So a guild spamming RAHM 20 times vs the same guild spamming techs 5 times in 4 groups of 2 - still 8 people, generating 20 instances of the content, arguably the techs would likely take longer.
    You have to get away from hyper-focusing on the details (like "alts") of this to understand what I'm telling you.
    RAHM would likely be more encouraging for every player not currently working on crafting endgame weapons (misty red gem or kraken heart hunting) so therefore the results of the suggested experiment would be entirely skewed.
    I really think you need to reread my entire first post. :joy:
    I do believe they are experimenting with the keys to see if it needs implemented, but I believe they are just checking to see how many groups are dropping in with fewer players vs dragging along under-leveled players or alt accounts just to grab the extra chests

    This is also part of what I said.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,280
    Posts: 141
    Member
    Stormbeast wrote: »
    But this would ruin the experiment because alt's are not registered, so it would be impossible to tell if a party is 1 person and 7 alts or actually 8 real people, or a combination thereof.
    Clear time. :joy:
    Joking aside, I think you missed the whole point of what I was saying.
    So a guild spamming RAHM 20 times vs the same guild spamming techs 5 times in 4 groups of 2 - still 8 people, generating 20 instances of the content, arguably the techs would likely take longer.
    You have to get away from hyper-focusing on the details (like "alts") of this to understand what I'm telling you.

    This had nothing to do with alts. Actually moved away from that subject just to show how the usage of alts doesn't affect everybody.
    RAHM would likely be more encouraging for every player not currently working on crafting endgame weapons (misty red gem or kraken heart hunting) so therefore the results of the suggested experiment would be entirely skewed.
    I really think you need to reread my entire first post. :joy:
    You believe that they are using RAHM and other lower content as a control group; I'm explicitly stating why this would not be the case.
    I do believe they are experimenting with the keys to see if it needs implemented, but I believe they are just checking to see how many groups are dropping in with fewer players vs dragging along under-leveled players or alt accounts just to grab the extra chests

    This is also part of what I said.
    The purpose, I would surmise, is to be able to create two different scenarios to see where more activity and material farming occurs. The winning group determines game direction.
    I'm stating that they are not comparing the 2 sources, just checking the party sizes dropping into techs (less likely vets and mag mell) to see if more people are solo/duo running.

  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,460
    Posts: 285
    Member
    Stormbeast wrote: »
    Stormbeast wrote: »
    But this would ruin the experiment because alt's are not registered, so it would be impossible to tell if a party is 1 person and 7 alts or actually 8 real people, or a combination thereof.
    Clear time. :joy:
    Joking aside, I think you missed the whole point of what I was saying.
    So a guild spamming RAHM 20 times vs the same guild spamming techs 5 times in 4 groups of 2 - still 8 people, generating 20 instances of the content, arguably the techs would likely take longer.
    You have to get away from hyper-focusing on the details (like "alts") of this to understand what I'm telling you.

    This had nothing to do with alts. Actually moved away from that subject just to show how the usage of alts doesn't affect everybody.
    RAHM would likely be more encouraging for every player not currently working on crafting endgame weapons (misty red gem or kraken heart hunting) so therefore the results of the suggested experiment would be entirely skewed.
    I really think you need to reread my entire first post. :joy:
    You believe that they are using RAHM and other lower content as a control group; I'm explicitly stating why this would not be the case.
    I do believe they are experimenting with the keys to see if it needs implemented, but I believe they are just checking to see how many groups are dropping in with fewer players vs dragging along under-leveled players or alt accounts just to grab the extra chests

    This is also part of what I said.
    The purpose, I would surmise, is to be able to create two different scenarios to see where more activity and material farming occurs. The winning group determines game direction.
    I'm stating that they are not comparing the 2 sources, just checking the party sizes dropping into techs (less likely vets and mag mell) to see if more people are solo/duo running.

    Sigh. :joy:
    Okay. :)
  • SatsukoSatsuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited June 19
    ...So... in other words, besides the repair fee support (and Alban Knights, which... okay, I guess), this event is really only useful for people who can run Hardmode dungeons, Veteran dungeons, and Rabbie Phantasm? No benefit to running Shadow Missions or non-Hardmode dungeons?

    Because, IF the intended benefit to players was to make making money and getting valuable drops easier (if that was on Nexon's minds at all), then this would be more beneficial for people who can't run those yet than for people who are strong enough to run dungeons/SMs that give good gold/items to begin with, but I digress...