Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Jousting Finals

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Here's a dumb question for you; why not use a tournament organizer software?

The weekly Sunday tournament already has a built-in elimination format. If there is an odd number of players in a round then the odd-one-out faces one of the NPC jousters. I've seen a few Guild organized jousting tournaments that used such software however, to organise what are, at the heart of it, practice matches.

If you are thinking of taking up a lance there are now sufficiently large enough communities on both servers that finals do happen much more often than not. If you are on Alexina, you face more of an up-hill fight as it's community is very experienced. The community on Nao has gotten significantly better since the merge to the degree where if they squared-off against Alexina, Las Vegas would still favour Alexina but couldn't guarantee it.

That's interesting to note. Almost makes me curious to try it from the Alexina side.

You should. The communities on both servers are very open and welcoming. Were there to be a final server merge, I would expect them both to integrate without issue. You can also make use of my YouTube channel to come up to speed faster. This has been a huge factor in closing the gap between Alexina and Nao.

I may if there's time.....I'm technically on break between semesters right now but its been a royal mess working on transfer stuffs. Haven't had time Alexina or Nao past week and possibly this one, so... may not be happening for a bit.
    I'll need to find some time soon though. Nao's is nice, would be interesting to see it from Alexina as well.

I've seen your namesake character on Alexina; are you on Nao . . . now?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

The weekly Sunday tournament already has a built-in elimination format. If there is an odd number of players in a round then the odd-one-out faces one of the NPC jousters. I've seen a few Guild organized jousting tournaments that used such software however, to organise what are, at the heart of it, practice matches.

If you are thinking of taking up a lance there are now sufficiently large enough communities on both servers that finals do happen much more often than not. If you are on Alexina, you face more of an up-hill fight as it's community is very experienced. The community on Nao has gotten significantly better since the merge to the degree where if they squared-off against Alexina, Las Vegas would still favour Alexina but couldn't guarantee it.

That's interesting to note. Almost makes me curious to try it from the Alexina side.

You should. The communities on both servers are very open and welcoming. Were there to be a final server merge, I would expect them both to integrate without issue. You can also make use of my YouTube channel to come up to speed faster. This has been a huge factor in closing the gap between Alexina and Nao.

I may if there's time.....I'm technically on break between semesters right now but its been a royal mess working on transfer stuffs. Haven't had time Alexina or Nao past week and possibly this one, so... may not be happening for a bit.
    I'll need to find some time soon though. Nao's is nice, would be interesting to see it from Alexina as well.

I've had an alt/Nao main running around on there for a few weeks now, yup. Alexina remains my main - particularly since I've managed to talk a friend back into playing again - but I've been on the other for a bit.
    I participated in jousting too for a few weeks, though I've been too busy the past couple to even try.
  • HelsaHelsa

I've had an alt/Nao main running around on there for a few weeks now, yup. Alexina remains my main - particularly since I've managed to talk a friend back into playing again - but I've been on the other for a bit.
    I participated in jousting too for a few weeks, though I've been too busy the past couple to even try.

I play on both servers as well. Is your Nao character the same name?
  • HelsaHelsa
    2021 May 30
    Alexina had 9-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 7, so no finals there, this time.
  • HelsaHelsa
    2021 Jun 6
    Alexina had 14-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 9-2 and its' final can be found here.
  • HelsaHelsa
    2021 Jun 13
    Alexina had 10-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 9-2 and its' final can be found here.

• WolfsingerWolfsinger

Nope, named my Nao char after a guy char of mine from back when I had time to write lol
    Haven't had time to do much other than just login for event dailies lately though. College madness sucks....

Sorry it took me a bit to respond to this btw, General does this weird thing to me where I click a tab and get a "Something went wrong" message and I can't see the page. Can last for a week, can last for a day. Haven't been able to figure out what the heck causes this.
  • HelsaHelsa

Nope, named my Nao char after a guy char of mine from back when I had time to write lol
    Haven't had time to do much other than just login for event dailies lately though. College madness sucks....

Sorry it took me a bit to respond to this btw, General does this weird thing to me where I click a tab and get a "Something went wrong" message and I can't see the page. Can last for a week, can last for a day. Haven't been able to figure out what the heck causes this.

I haven't seen Wolfsinger on the platform on Alexina yet. I was asking about Nao to find out if I've seen you there yet.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

I haven't seen Wolfsinger on the platform on Alexina yet. I was asking about Nao to find out if I've seen you there yet.

I haven't jousted on Alexina yet. Just my guy on Nao, who is not named after me - he actually got to finals and won my first lance in a few weeks, much to my own surprise. Was a good run of luck that day.
  • HelsaHelsa

I haven't jousted on Alexina yet. Just my guy on Nao, who is not named after me - he actually got to finals and won my first lance in a few weeks, much to my own surprise. Was a good run of luck that day.

On your second try, in the finals, right? Some folks do win the first time out; even on Alexina. It's rare but it does happen. Rarer still but not unheard of is winning the first TWO times out. This happened, on Alexina, recently. They even had an obvious set of patterns and yet that second win happened; I recall scolding the Alexina veterans over that! XD You see, it means that they weren't making use of my channel. >:( Congrats to you. Wasn't it against another forum namesake?

Now, why did you stop! >:(
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

On your second try, in the finals, right? Some folks do win the first time out; even on Alexina. It's rare but it does happen. Rarer still but not unheard of is winning the first TWO times out. This happened, on Alexina, recently. They even had an obvious set of patterns and yet that second win happened; I recall scolding the Alexina veterans over that! XD You see, it means that they weren't making use of my channel. >:( Congrats to you. Wasn't it against another forum namesake?

Don't think so. I'm trying to remember who it was I beat, only thing I remember was fighting a bot to make it there XD Think it took me three-four weeks after starting to get that lance.

If I remember right that was around when semester finals happened, and then I've been dealing with the madness of transferring, registering for classes, and finding an apartment, right up to the present day. I'm hoping to try and start again soon though, I did enjoy it.
    I'll be coming back to go for my second lance, promise! XD
    I could try to hop back over on the Nao side tonight so I can poke you if you'd like, I think I might have time again. Not sure if I've enough to qualify this week's finals but who knows lol
  • HelsaHelsa

Don't think so. I'm trying to remember who it was I beat, only thing I remember was fighting a bot to make it there XD Think it took me three-four weeks after starting to get that lance.

If I remember right that was around when semester finals happened, and then I've been dealing with the madness of transferring, registering for classes, and finding an apartment, right up to the present day. I'm hoping to try and start again soon though, I did enjoy it.
    I'll be coming back to go for my second lance, promise! XD
    I could try to hop back over on the Nao side tonight so I can poke you if you'd like, I think I might have time again. Not sure if I've enough to qualify this week's finals but who knows lol

PM sent containing my guess of your secret Nao identity.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited July 1, 2021
    2021 Jun 20
    Alexina had 9-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 10-2 and its' final can be found here.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited July 1, 2021
    2021 Jun 27
    Alexina had 9-1 and its' final can be found here, while Nao had 7, so no finals there, this time.
  • HelsaHelsa
    The mid-year jouster rankings for 2021 for can be found here, for Alexina, and here, for Nao.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Coverage of the 2021 Nao Fair Jousting Tournament, held Saturday, 2021, June 26 , can be found here.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited July 4, 2021
    2021 Jul. 4
    Alexina had 3 while Nao had 6, so no finals this week.

• HelsaHelsa
    2021 Jul 11
    Alexina had 7, so no finals there, this time, while Nao had 9-2 and its' final can be found here.
  • HelsaHelsa
    2021 Jul. 18
    Alexina had 7 while Nao had 7, so no finals this week.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited July 26, 2021
    2021 Jul 25
    Alexina had 7, so no finals there, this time, while Nao had 8-2 and its' final can be found here.