Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Apricot Blossom Box

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited June 9, 2021 in Vault
Apricot season is in full swing! Celebrate the blossoming of these fragrant fruits with the new Apricot Blossom Outfits. Flutter your wings with the new Butterfly Temptation Wings. Or, go on an adventure with the new Support Puppets. Check out the details on the webpost.

Sale Dates: Thursday, June 10th, After Maintenance - Thursday, July 8th, Before Maintenance

210507-mbw-2595-apricotgachapon-940x290.jpg

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Ok, smoking opium is ok. Awesome.
    Wolfsinger
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Seriously? Where in the post did you see that opium was implied, it's a game. The fact that you said this is so degrading, do better.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

Seriously? Where in the post did you see that opium was implied, it's a game. The fact that you said this is so degrading, do better.

To be fair, a pipe's a pipe, lol. Ya put SOMETHING in it, and it typically ain't anything good for one's health XD
    Yeah it ain't necessarily opium. Could even just be an empty decorative option, I haven't looked at the idle yet. But there aren't exactly many better alternatives. Things do have lingering impressions and connotations, whether intended or not.
    Crimsọn
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

To be fair, a pipe's a pipe, lol. Ya put SOMETHING in it, and it typically ain't anything good for one's health XD
    Yeah it ain't necessarily opium. Could even just be an empty decorative option, I haven't looked at the idle yet. But there aren't exactly many better alternatives. Things do have lingering impressions and connotations, whether intended or not.

And yet nothing was said about the M Detective outfit that also has a pipe but since this gacha is more eastern style someone decides to say that it is filled with drugs which is racist.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

And yet nothing was said about the M Detective outfit that also has a pipe but since this gacha is more eastern style someone decides to say that it is filled with drugs which is racist.

Ain't anymore racist than assuming someone was smoking the usual snuff in the typical Sherlock Holmes pipe (which is what the costume is based on anyway which includes the curved pipe - which does not condone the practice, mind you, but its a recognized piece of it; kinda like what goes in the different pipes). Crims can explain her own thoughts to you if she wants to. But its not an unfair comment to make, or a racist one on surface level either.
    I personally think she was reaching a bit (you strike me as very passive-aggressive in some respects Crims :P) but calling it 'degrading' and then tossing racism in there is unnecessary, and pretty rude honestly.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    I do like the male outfit and the support puppets though, just putting that out there.....that bunny is so cute ^.^
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 12, 2021

Degrading? Degrading to who? THEY (referring to Nexon because people are stupid) should know better lol. Asian themed outfits with a pipe, a long pipe. Now see the origins of that pipe are long entwined with opium, and even if it's not, it's something in there that should be discouraged. Because at the end of the day whatever is in that pipe certainly ain't freaking bubbles. The pipe from the other outfit ain't ok either for the record.

You know we still get young new players. They recently increased the smoking age to 21. Whats ok over in KR isn't always necessarily ok or acceptable over here.

Racism? Really? You're going to call me a racist? Whatever inkling of respect I had for you just went out the window. Forever. You don't care? I don't care either, I don't care even more now. Have fun with that.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited June 11, 2021
    What can you put into a pipe that isn't "racist"? Hashish? Asian. Cannabis? Asian. Tobacco? Native American. Name an intrinsic European or European American "smoke" and then we can talk about the racism of why only European things are acceptable.

Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 11, 2021
    Helsa wrote: »
    What can you put into a pipe that isn't "racist"? Hashish? Asian. Cannabis? Asian. Tobacco? Native American. Name an intrinsic European or European American "smoke" and then we can talk about the racism of why only European things are acceptable.

Stop flapping your head Helsa. :smirk:
  • HelsaHelsa

Flapping my head? <checks Urban dictionary> <nothing>

¡Lo siento pero no entiendo, señorita roja!
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 12, 2021

T%26p.gif

Comprehende?
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited June 12, 2021

T%26p.gif

Comprehende?

BlameCanada-1.png

Tha'd be: ¿Comprehende? BTW heh heh
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 13, 2021

T%26p.gif

Comprehende?

BlameCanada-1.png

Tha'd be: ¿Comprehende? BTW heh heh

f9e2d1e18a6e966f6ea35478ed55d20a.gif

I mean yeah if you're in school and you have one of those punctuation mark totalitarian teachers, sure. But in the modern era no one really uses that punctuation anymore. I mean you can if you want. Meh.

Anyway, back on topic...
    smoking_large.jpg?v=1532641582
    :D