Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Completely different expectation from Ads

Map1eWarriorEiSamaMap1eWarriorEiSama
Mabinogi Rep: 305
edited June 10, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hi, I have tried to play Mabinogi because I was really impressed and attracted to the beautiful animated character photos I saw many times from advertisements, there are also plenty of them when I view the Media page, the wallpaper section. But, to be fully honest, I felt I was scammed right after logging into the game and trying the tutorials, everything was so different than what I was expecting! Everything was... nothing but pixels! What the heck? I mean, yeah sure advertisements are made to be exaggerations so they can attract more attentions, but personally I have never seen such a big difference, between beautiful animated wallpapers vs plainly colored pixel objects! Come on! Unfortunately, I couldn't take it for any longer than 10 minutes before I had to uninstall Mabinogi. I would have gladly stayed playing this game for weeks if not months, should the actual game resemble what was beautifully and amazingly advertised for the most part. It's such a pity, just to let the developers know. Mabinogi is probably still a popular game under Nexon, but at this point this game of colorful pixels is just not my dish AT ALL, Nao definitely looks so much better in 2d animated wallpaper than just plain pixels... really too bad, I really wished I could play what I was looking at.
Fluorette

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Oh Lord; don't try Minecraft then. You'll be left wondering how it is the best selling game of all time.
  • DelitusDelitus
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    I am not quite following the complaint. The game's technology is dated, for sure - but taking into consideration the intended visual style of cel-shaded graphics, as opposed to photorealism, I think Mabinogi looks fine:
    DasyHzF.jpeg

What are these "pixels" that you speak of? Can you clarify exactly what, from the above image, looks so hideous to you?
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    I think it's just that someone expected high-end graphics and had no intention of enjoying the actual game itself.

One less AFK statue in Dunbarton, I guess.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I think it's just that someone expected high-end graphics and had no intention of enjoying the actual game itself.

One less AFK statue in Dunbarton, I guess.

More likely Tir Chonaill! XD
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Ah yes. The infamous 'Expectation VS Reality'. Gets 'em everytime.

Don't worry, they'll catch some new fish with the big updates they're working on.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I remember you. You had already visited this game a year or so ago, supposedly, and previously made a complaint thread about it.

You're trolling. I doubt you even played MapleStory.

I guess we'll see you again next year when you choose to troll again. See Ya.