Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Beauty Coupons Arguement...

DrunkenSheepsDrunkenSheeps
Mabinogi Rep: 840
in Feedback and Suggestions
I wish we didn't need beauty coupons just to change our look 24/7. Why can't we add that we can use pon instead? Perhaps make it cost a bit more than premium items? I'd be down for that as I wish I had the ability to just change my face, hair and eyes to what I want at the cost of a few bucks each character. It is really hard to find Beauty Coupons in Alexina and it is also stressful I'm sure to so many people to go through tons of gacha to find nothing but those redeemable milletian notes and shadow crystals and maybe a tiny 400k worth glove for females on your male character...I'd rather waste money on extravagent outfits and raid scrolls than waste over $120 on only a .1% chance at an outfit or beauty coupon...Seriously though, I'd waste money on pon just to buy one set of eyes without the ability to permanently save them to my collection and yet have it saved to my character's look at the very least. Time trials are ridiculous just let us have variety and choice thank you. Thank you for hearing this is you read it through!
SherriCyborgJiromintiel

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    definitely agreed, i never liked the way beauty coupons worked one bit
    having pon be used is so much better :(
    DrunkenSheeps
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    We have been suggesting this for YEARS.
    They won't give it to us because money.
    SherriDrunkenSheeps
  • DrunkenSheepsDrunkenSheeps
    Yeah I'd suggest like...Old items can be bought with pon about a year later and then the new items can be gacha'd the whole year throughout that way they got a staple income but are also not losing money because someone is able to "save" their customizations that they payed for...People with money are unable to spend it unless they gamble it is pretty obnoxious...I mean sure gacha is frickin' fun but not if it is appearance items I like getting rare outfits through that stuff but appearance is another story.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If I understand the problem correctly, what folks want is to be able to have exactly the feature you want at any time. As it is now one has to wait until one becomes available. We can't know what Nexon's reasoning is, for sure, but since it is a company, it probably has to do with money. I'm guessing, for consumers, money is semi no object? What about having the coupons available directly through the web shop? This is similar to people wanting clothes, wings, and items directly through the web shop. What makes better revenue for Nexon: direct sales, or some kind of randomised approach versus folks abandoning the game because it keeps denying them with no apparent relief.
    DrunkenSheeps
    Well it also has to do with the gold draught which of course is also the users' fault in-game for spending too much on items, selling items for too high a price, and of course the little gold bot situation <_< but to regulate this we should at least have grace periods of buyable old items or gacha with semi-sweet probability to get good items whether you have them or not so that you can sell them AND get what you want...Better marketing regulation but it is only a temporary fix. Alexina is pretty bad for this, they have a lot of capitalizing going on and people keep gold like crazy just because...Least my friend told me that I had 2 to 3 different friends tell me that actually...

And yeah I know they do this already but it is a very low amount of times each year I think they should step it up while they are forwarding new content such as those sexy new bows out today.
    edited June 19, 2021
    It used to be easier to get items now there are so many items out there but...for way less availability...Not sure why they need to accumulate that much money just to keep the game's servers going...Not sure how many people are playing any of their other games besides vindictus and maplestory shouldn't be that hard to keep servers up. People aren't going to always buy gacha if it doesn't give them pleasurable fun especially if it costs them their entire paycheck for the week...It just isn't fathomable and creates entropy.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    This has been addressed in the eventual list of updates to roll out in kr. Using google translate:
    "Improvement of one-time consumption structure of beauty coupons (ex: Permanently open to select appearance when using beauty coupons, change to be tradable when using beauty coupon storage coupons, etc.)

answer: We will improve the exhaustive structure into a more satisfactory form by referring to the opinions you received through the survey."
    It is not yet known what form the improvements will be, however they will get to it this year.
  • viviantmccormickviviantmccormick
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Hey there! I totally get where you're coming from. It can be frustrating to want to change up your look but not have the funds to do so. Have you ever tried checking out beauty coupon categories?
  • viviantmccormickviviantmccormick
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    They often have some great deals on products and services.I've recently come across one site that offers Marriott Deals. But if you check out this webpage carefully, you'll see the category for beauty coupons. There you can find some discounts for skincare and makeup products. I'm sure you can find some brands you love or try something new at a discounted price there.