[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct
. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
mabi punishes you for not investing in tankyness
Julie has literally spent years trying to convince the rest of us that the game is utterly unplayable because it's "unfair", and here we have it more approachable than ever.
There's just so much gear that can help out these days, so many ways to up your base stats, and some skillsets that don't even need "gearing up" all that much. Not that it *hurts* or anything. It's just that you can get some good numbers before you even bother with special upgrades, reforges, etc. (I'm thinking chain in particular, which has always felt OP to me with the least amount of required work.) And after the Blaanid update, there are simply no more excuses.
Don't even get me started on archery... the stuff they're testing out in Korea is huge, IMO.
yes yes, sorry i didnt have enough damage at the time to simply one-shot kill her after playing for a week like i would now, i was too busy also ranking all the annoying life skills for their stats so i can suffer less about it later. being level 200 helps when youre trying to train your skills . I have yet to even make to the content that everyone talks about getting one hit over, but i find it rather annoying with mabis stun and knockdown cancelling along with natural shield that regardless of what i do Charlene is going to teleport to my face and smack a third to half of my health off because i didnt one shot her at the time, plus i didnt have some spirited r5 bahfel hunter bow either with all 3 elemental reforges to easily pull it off
Also if the game was as unplayable as you claim that i was trying to convince others of. I would have not returned. But i guess pointing out advantage gaps between the 3
classesraces that could use some fixing is something that is too controversial to talk about, not to mention the elf bug with elven ranged attack which to this day isnt fixed. But fortunately, Nexon has placed soo many bandages over that problem now that it has become irrelevant to talk about now.
Julie isn't even a girl! How can we trust her?!
No but seriously, their threads get WAY TOO MUCH TRACTION for who posts it.
I'm sorry to tell you this but the game is indeed unfair and it can be seen in many aspects of the game, when it comes to training we have skills that require more than one person to train, even though its well known that no player is going to spend hundreds of hours farming materials with someone else, fynn sync is specially evil because even collecting materials is impossible or at least extremly annoying to do alone and even with a party the dungeon is not generous with the drops; when it comes to gameplay it doesnt matter if everything is at r1, the player will be several times weaker than those who spend a lot of resources on gachas, related to this character growing stops near the end game, the dungeons necessary to continue growing cannot be done without paying real money for gachas; when it comes to events these cannot be completed by regular players, only neets or players with bots can finish them thanks to the massive amount of time required, in fact i am surprised that they still do it in this way, many mmo games already left that model behind.
oh well, i just like to think that I talk about things that matter.
It's better for the forums to have activity than to not. If folks are gonna reply, and this thread is now on page two, then it must be something that some forums members wanna talk about.
sooo... more balanced elves?
1. Mabinogi doesn't have easy access to its Tanking related skills. Two of them are giant exclusive (Taunt and Wind Guard).
- In WoW, tanking skills are easily given and it actually works. The tank can easily pull threat towards them instead of the other DPS heavy players and healers caught in the crossfire.
2. Party Healing is outdated once you arrive onto late game. You can't outheal the damage, the range might not even hit the targeted person, and regular healing may not help enough. If only Party Healing would have multiple castings, it may help a bit.
- In WoW, you can target the tank(s) easily with a single targeting heal. You do not need to use a healing wand to cast powerful healing spells. The healing merely delays the wipe timer unless the DPS/Tank team can kill the mob in question.
- Unfortunately, In Mabi, parties are limited to 4 and 8 to certain dungeons, and the role of healing and tanking seems to not exist very well in these type of parties. Phantasm can go to hell, as the wraith throws every strategy to the toilet.
3. Mabinogi is aggro hell. Divine Link mitigates the aggro hell, but pets are TOO FRAGILE. Some can defend themselves by running around, or using Windmill spam, but they all cannot defend themselves from range attacks. Unfortunately, we can't continuously use defend, and we ourselves are fragile.
- Sure, WoW does have aggro hell at times (See Leeroy), but some mobs in the field are programmed to ignore your higher level. You don't get that stunlocked, aside from the dazed debuff, most dungeon mobs are weak enough to be destroyed easily by a couple of attacks. In Mabi, every mob that is an HP sponge can become a mini boss itself.
Ever since they released Chapter 5, the difficulty becomes "HP SPONGE EVERYWHERE". Materials for endgame weapons starts to be hard/rare drop related, those creation methods are locked behind two, if not, the most annoying concept in MMO history (Magic craft and Hillwen Engineering). Even though they did bring some recipes back to Smithing and Tailoring, the materials blocked with DROP issues or you require a technique to get through it. And getting said Technique? You have to do an annoying mission first that has a poorly made DPS check gate!
If I want to go further, It could be Chapter 4 that started the drop rate issue. Rosemary gloves materials.
There's a reason why I made this image:
Those aren't even witcher 3 numbers homie.
What game are you playing? This game literally bends over backwards for new players and gives them an easy 10k nigh instantly.
Blaanid literally gives them more + instantly ranks a lot of their skills for no effort.