Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

par king-crab

ValentinaValentina
Mabinogi Rep: 850
in General Chat
Somebody fished a par-king crab? 200 b aits and nothing 20 perfect baits and nothing!! I'M in Scatath beach what:s happenning?

Comments

• aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Yes. Got it relatively quickly. Have you made the proper sacrifices to the RNG gods?
  • FairyvoiceFairyvoice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,810
    edited June 26, 2021
    I've heard that the fishing spot by the bridge is a no-go. You want to fish here:

2yd1564.png

That's where I and a few others have caught one.
  • ValentinaValentina
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    I finally have one! Thanks Gods and Godesses!
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited June 26, 2021
    I like all of the fish descriptions
    DelitusFluorette
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I think a lot of people are confused by how "Scathach Beach" looks on a map. I was near the river, but since the mana tunnel was named "Scathach Beach", that's where I was at.

Caught two coo-king crabs right away when I changed to the southern spot.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Hehh. I got all three Rare Fish without having to buy better bait
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 27, 2021
    That's some rotten rng.

It's a good idea to rank your fishing OR pay attention and don't afk fish. Also I got a theory based on something I have noticed. These "fish" don't seem to go into a fish bag. So it might be more beneficial to use a W22.

AHKYQyK.png

See?
    aeternitis
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    it literally says fishing area in the map so I tried that area first and got what I needed. also 1 question is it possible to pick up "Deep-sea Fish" or did I just fish one out of the river, few days ago saw a deep sea fish dropped on the ground tried to pick it up but it disappeared (I think) was asking people who dropped it and that it gets a good amount of ducats but when I checked my inventory I have a "Deep-sea Fish" I just finished fishing for event and I'm confused if I fished it up or did I just pick it up.
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    These "fish" don't seem to go into a fish bag. So it might be more beneficial to use a W22.

That's an excellent idea. Thanks.
    Crimsọn
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    aeternitis wrote: »
    Yes. Got it relatively quickly. Have you made the proper sacrifices to the RNG gods?

sacrifices? I have built an altar for the RNG gods in my homestead and if that fails I have a secret area in my hs where I manage to contact and make deals with the devil.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    *Is called Par-king Crab
    *Is fished from Scathach instead of near Par Dungeon

What the front door Nexon?
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    noobodyzxz wrote: »

sacrifices? I have built an altar for the RNG gods in my homestead and if that fails I have a secret area in my hs where I manage to contact and make deals with the devil.

That's a start.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Don't forget the goat heads.
  • AverageSpearmanAverageSpearman
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    it literally says fishing area in the map so I tried that area first and got what I needed. also 1 question is it possible to pick up "Deep-sea Fish" or did I just fish one out of the river, few days ago saw a deep sea fish dropped on the ground tried to pick it up but it disappeared (I think) was asking people who dropped it and that it gets a good amount of ducats but when I checked my inventory I have a "Deep-sea Fish" I just finished fishing for event and I'm confused if I fished it up or did I just pick it up.

The wiki says you can get them from fishing but from my experience they're mainly dropped by sea trolls and used for commerce as barter goods. You're bound to find some if you kill some sea trolls, either the ones that are just hanging around or by doing forest purification (which conveniently also has spawns for some other monsters that drop barter goods).