Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Art for Gold BANNED

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited July 5, 2021 in Art Creations
I just noticed this in the Nao Server discord. This is very disturbing. We've never had this issue before exchanging gold for art in this community. Is this for real? Or was this some rogue GM that knows nothing about our community? @Katherz

shLXafC.png
image0.png
image0.jpg

I thought I should post this here in case there are artists who don't use discord. We need more information from the staff about this. For the time being I would hold off for now guys.
Imaizumi

Comments

• NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    edited July 6, 2021
    I read somewhere years (1-2 ) back that it was allowed? because no one so far even in the old forum ever had this issue. Probably new GM who just abuses their power before confirming ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think one of the GM/Mods even made a rule on the forum about it saying it is okay when someone was salty about why 'we aren't allowed to buy gold off bots but artists can get paid with gold by selling art.'

I can't find that thread anymore though...

"Advertising and Real World/Money Trading (RWT or RMT): Advertisement outside of art-related commissions is heavily discouraged. Links to other non-Mabinogi-related Forums are not allowed. Any form of real world trading (RWT) such as buying, selling, or trading in-game accounts, items, currency or assets is also prohibited."

Close enough that I can find but this was different than what I read.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Neyna wrote: »
    I read somewhere years (1-2 ) back that it was allowed? because no one so far even in the old forum ever had this issue. Probably new GM who just abuses their power before confirming ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think one of the GM/Mods even made a rule on the forum about it saying it is okay when someone was salty about why 'we aren't allowed to buy gold off bots but artists can get paid with gold by selling art.'

I can't find that thread anymore though...

"Advertising and Real World/Money Trading (RWT or RMT): Advertisement outside of art-related commissions is heavily discouraged. Links to other non-Mabinogi-related Forums are not allowed. Any form of real world trading (RWT) such as buying, selling, or trading in-game accounts, items, currency or assets is also prohibited."

Close enough that I can find but this was different than what I read.

I wouldn't say they are abusing their power, but might however be misinformed and trying to be productive so they can keep their job. But it could be that perhaps there was a rule change and we have not been made properly aware of it, hence this thread. We need more information and soon before anyone else gets banned.
  • EcremeEcreme
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    7882_dogekek.png
    ban me
    Crimsọn
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. It may differ case-by-case depending on the situation, however, we would like to reiterate that Real Money Trading (RMT) is not allowed in Mabinogi per our Terms of Use (https://www.nexon.com/main/en/legal/tou/). If you are unsure if a specific action will go against our ToU, please feel free to submit a ticket to our Customer Support.

We've confirmed with our Customer Support team that in-game currency exchange for an art commission is allowed (if that's actually the case). If there are no other ToS breaking actions involved, there is no need to be concerned. Thank you.
    SherriCrimsọnNeyna
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 6, 2021
    Katherz wrote: »
    Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. It may differ case-by-case depending on the situation, however, we would like to reiterate that Real Money Trading (RMT) is not allowed in Mabinogi per our Terms of Use (https://www.nexon.com/main/en/legal/tou/). If you are unsure if a specific action will go against our ToU, please feel free to submit a ticket to our Customer Support.

We've confirmed with our Customer Support team that in-game currency exchange for an art commission is allowed (if that's actually the case). If there are no other ToS breaking actions involved, there is no need to be concerned. Thank you.

Cool beans and ultimately you are right; I mean especially in this community what people say is potentially hearsay.

Thank you for your response.

(I'm not sure if this actually does anything in anyone's defense) it has been recommended that an item be exchanged for the check. Nifty idea for the artist to do is have the NPC Hans in Tara to create a painting and use that painting in the exchange as a symbolic token.