Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Official Dye Suggestion Thread

Comments

• TatsugiTatsugi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,760
    ORANGE #FF3300! :D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I personally would like to see more hair colors implemented in the beauty shop. More greens and browns.

82dzrPw.png
    CyborgJiro
  • deskbotdeskbot
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    edited July 6, 2021
    Thirding(?) dyes in the available skintone options...
    It's really annoying that if I want to make gloves' skintone actually match my character's, I have to pay 3x as much as I did for the gloves themselves for a Direct Dye Ampoule.

It's nigh impossible to find a dye that isn't Direct that matches, too, as my character uses the "coffee-colored" skintone, and the closest light brown dyes are usually more unnatural-looking oranges in practice since they're meant for clothes, and I'm sure the same applies for many others whose characters aren't using or close to the "default" pale.
    KakiPiHeartdonorKeichiro
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited July 6, 2021
    i wish #6D6DC0 was easier to obtain.. only way (that ik of) to get it is the make-your-own-dye event :(
    9FGOkDY.png
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Please bring back this hair color.
    zDCkMY4.png
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Could we get the Afternoon Tea Dye Set sometime? And the Lovely Cupid Dye Set too?

As far as I know, they're the two dye sets that have gone the longest without a rerelease.
  • AlexYallAlexYall
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    #FFACE2
  • CyborgJiroCyborgJiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    I personally would like to see more hair colors implemented in the beauty shop. More greens and browns.

82dzrPw.png

How do I get this hair color? Is it from the hair dye ampule thing?
  • SellyaSellya
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    #32574A .. nothing special just the green I'm using since 9 years :(

And for my friend it would be #FFE062 her yellow !
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    @Arciellia Is anyone still paying attention to this thread? :D

Well if you are, I got a DIY idea...DIY Name/Chat Color Change Potion. Which would be a color change potion that will allow you to pick the text/border/bubble colors and last for 30 days. This would undoubtedly become a hot item and allow people to get away from their ugly randomly assigned color they got at character creation.

I would definitely buy it~
    Arciellia
  • KeichiroKeichiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    edited December 31, 2023
    Greta wrote: »
    I had epilepsy. I still sometimes feel off when i see a flashing object. Few months ago i saw a guy wearing a robe which flashed green to white rapidly. I turned my camera right away when i realized that my eyes can't take it. I also have a really bad eyesight so i'm not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Even if it doesn't give people a straight up seizure, this is a good point. Many folks who are generally 100% safe playing video games will feel discomfort. Sensory overwhelm is also a factor, for example but not limited to those in the autism spectrum... So I don't think having an issue with flashies is inherently rude in a suggestion thread.

OT:
    More offblacks in general (30,30,30 or below) would be nice to have access to more often. The darkest neutral in a regular dye ampoule (not counting pure black) is really just too light, at around 50,50,50 give or take 5 values. People can and do go for pure black due to this, but the way it renders ingame kinda looks like Vantablack would irl, it has no shading nuance so it feels a bit surreal. There's a place for it when deliberate, of course, but my personal preference is to go for offblacks that look more natural. Or maybe this will stop being an issue when we get the new engine? Who knows, but for now offblacks are something I want more of for sure.
    deskbot wrote: »
    Thirding(?) dyes in the available skintone options...
    It's really annoying that if I want to make gloves' skintone actually match my character's, I have to pay 3x as much as I did for the gloves themselves for a Direct Dye Ampoule.

It's nigh impossible to find a dye that isn't Direct that matches, too, as my character uses the "coffee-colored" skintone, and the closest light brown dyes are usually more unnatural-looking oranges in practice since they're meant for clothes, and I'm sure the same applies for many others whose characters aren't using or close to the "default" pale.

This is also a problem I have often. Gloves that are just bracelets, fingerless or show the hand's skin in any form don't immediately match any of the darker skin tones and I've gone through hell before, throwing entirely too many ampoules at the issue until something looked usable for my tan-skinned character. Unless gloves are changed in the future to use the character model's hand (which would eliminate the option to just make the bit intended to be skin into part of the glove's design), skin dyes would be amazing. Let's not even mention when gloves have painted nails but you want them to be clear so you gotta paint TWO parts to match the skin...
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735

32, 0 , 2