Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Weird Mabi Dating Server Message?

MinastarMinastar
Mabinogi Rep: 1,130
edited July 29, 2021 in General Chat
I keep getting this really annoying message in red that flashes across my screen asking me to join the mabi dating server? Anyone else get this and is this normal? I really just want it to stop and go away.

Comments

• aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited July 29, 2021
    That sounds like someone on your server is spamming Horn Bugles. If so, unfortunately there's not much you can do about them.
  • gertrudegertrude
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
    I got the message twice. Very weird to say the least.
  • MinastarMinastar
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,130
    aeternitis wrote: »
    That sounds like someone on your server is spamming Horn Bugles. If so, unfortunately there's not much you can do about them.

I thought it was these at first but it doesn't appear at the top of the screen like usual and it also actually said my ign? It takes up the entire bottom of my screen when it happens.
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    It's not bugles. It's a hack.
    There was commentary on it before in another thread, but the mods deleted the evidence of the pic because it was "harmful" or w/e.

I don't think it's going away anytime soon.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 30, 2021
    It's an OLD harmless script people use to use back in the day. An exploit in the system messages. You know when you can see messages during a quest or mission in that same area? Yeah there's an old exploit involving that. It's not anything new and it's hardly a secret. Don't worry, they will eventually get bored and go away.

So I'm not spoiling it ok? Get over yourselves. You're not hackers, yer just script kiddies that stole old scripts from a certain forum using that same injection app that people used to use to dupe stuff. :smirk:

Sorry but there is the random few that are still hung up on stuff from years ago. I know they are reading this.

XeIiUgW.png
    Q0H62ke.png
    EnkWHWJ.png

Also I talked with the owner of that discord server, in case you were wondering they have nothing to do with this.
    Those pics are going to get yeeted, Crims.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 30, 2021
    Those pics are going to get yeeted, Crims.

Why are they going to get yeeted? There are no mods and I'm not implicating anyone in them.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    The other image was just as innocuous, yet yeeted.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 30, 2021
    Helsa wrote: »
    The other image was just as innocuous, yet yeeted.

Censored.

Next time be a little less vague guys.
    I feel you. It's hard to describe the offense when evidence of the offense no longer exists.

Hahaha.
    Ha.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I feel you. It's hard to describe the offense when evidence of the offense no longer exists.

Hahaha.
    Ha.

It's there now, just censored by yours truly.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I don't see why ya'll need a dating server. You all could just date me! :D
    Crimsọn
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited July 30, 2021
    i dont have mods and i got them too, something is going on the server, better fix it before things escalate because there are things in that community that are only for mature adults.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Pannya wrote: »
    i dont have mods and i got them too, something is going on the server, better fix it before things escalate because there are things in that community that are only for mature adults.

It doesn't matter if you have mods or not. Everyone can receive these messages. These messages are harmless. They can't harm you or your account, they are just annoying. Eventually the script kiddie will get banned or get bored and it will stop.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »

It doesn't matter if you have mods or not. Everyone can receive these messages. These messages are harmless. They can't harm you or your account, they are just annoying. Eventually the script kiddie will get banned or get bored and it will stop.

This isn't a problem on Alexina. Mind you there's only two of us left. So, if one gets such a message then they know who sent it! :)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

This isn't a problem on Alexina. Mind you there's only two of us left. So, if one gets such a message then they know who sent it! :)

Yeah we need to merge you two. :D
  • HelsaHelsa

Yeah we need to merge you two. :D

thats-the-spirit-.jpg
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Mind you there's only two of us left.
    Seems like you two have your work cut out for you. ;)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mind you there's only two of us left.
    Seems like you two have your work cut out for you. ;)

With you I can't tell, does this have something to do with me being a giant and that old expression about being able to drive a truck?
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    edited August 1, 2021
    My question right now is "Is there going to be any actions?" to any updates on the situation, or "Who the (EFF) is responsible for this?"
    It makes me worry that this exploit has gone unnoticed, I wonder what other malicious codes/mods/addons has gone undetected for years?
    For the GMs thats reading this post, that message is NOT the only thing that's out there. Fake Music buff messages are displaying too.