Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi's Chair Problem

NecrojokerNecrojoker
Mabinogi Rep: 725
edited August 21, 2021 in General Chat
Currently on Nao Ch8 there are two people with the new boat chairs. One has it parked in such a way as to block the West entrance to Dunbarton which is only mildly disruptive. However, there is another individual who has parked their boat over Melwyn so that anyone attempting to work on their Stardust quests will have difficulty clicking on the NPC. CTRL+Clicking doesn't always work since sometimes the game will target spiders outside the wall even if you're not in combat mode so players have to zoom in very close and work to get a camera angle adequate to click on Melwyn.

Imagine the next event where everyone will crowd an NPC and people with massive chairs will make it near impossible for others to access the NPC.

So the question is, why does Nexon continue to make it easy for players to disrupt other players?

Comments

• SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    edited August 22, 2021
    I think it'd be pretty lame if Nexon just canned any kind of large object idea because some people will use it to be slightly annoying.

Change channel, walk further from the gate so the spiders aren't in view, do whatever. The people who do this kind of thing usually get bored of it pretty quickly, but threads like this egg them on more than help anything. It's not much different from trying to do it shortly after release on the busy channels where regular player character models were prettymuch 100% obscuring the NPC.
    Crimsọn
  • NecrojokerNecrojoker
    You're right, we should just ignore the misbehaving children, but that doesn't answer my question. If Nexon is going to put obnoxiously large chairs in the game, then why isn't there a "Too close to another object / NPC" stipulation like there is with other, less obtrusive things like Repair Altars?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 22, 2021
    Seriously, how people find this problematic? Holding ALT button to find items/NPC's to click on does work you know.
    CrimsọnHelsa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 24, 2023
    I don't agree with spamming these boats anymore.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited August 22, 2021
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    I contributed to this on ch1 a couple nights ago.

Now I'm gonna do it more (because of this thread) and there is nothing you can do about it because they gave us these chairs. I even said on here that these chairs were going to be disruptive, they did not listen. Now I'm encouraging everyone; get one of these chairs and park it wherever you want.

jJ6oBp0.png

Boat party ch1.

Mabinogi: Iceberg Update.

giphy.gif
  • NecrojokerNecrojoker
    edited August 22, 2021
    Greta wrote: »
    Seriously, how people find this problematic? Holding ALT button to find items/NPC's to click on does work you know.

Merriam -Webster defines a disruption as:
    "A break or interruption in the normal course or continuation of some activity, process, etc."

It's like if you park your car in a traffic lane. You would say "It's not disrupting traffic, because people can go around, but you'd still get a ticket and a fine.

• NecrojokerNecrojoker
    I contributed to this on ch1 a couple nights ago.

Now I'm gonna do it more (because of this thread) and there is nothing you can do about it because they gave us these chairs. I even said on here that these chairs were going to be disruptive, they did not listen. Now I'm encouraging everyone; get one of these chairs and park it wherever you want.

jJ6oBp0.png

Boat party ch1.

"This is going to be a problem. I think I'll make sure of it." XD
    Crimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Necrojoker wrote: »

"A break or interruption in the normal course or continuation of some activity, process, etc."

It's like if you park your car in a traffic lane. You would say "It's not disrupting traffic, because people can go around, but you'd still get a ticket and a fine.

I like such types of people like you who quote someone to make themselves look smart while also comparing real life with a video game.

10/10, Amazing.
    Helsa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 24, 2023
    I don't agree with spamming these boats anymore.
  • NecrojokerNecrojoker

I like such types of people like you who quote someone to make themselves look smart while also comparing real life with a video game.

10/10, Amazing.

Quoting a dictionary for someone who clearly doesn't understand the meaning of the word is a method for curing ignorance, not boasting intelligence. As far as "Comparing real life with a video game" goes, since when does a person's actions stop being their own just because they're happening in a video game? Being disruptive, rude or harassing is just that. Just because it's being done inside of a video game doesn't mean it is a game. That's the kind of idiotic reasoning people attempt to use to excuse actual, legally defined harassment, but that's a little off topic.

The one thing you have in life and in game is your reputation so don't intentionally be a prick.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 23, 2021
    What have you done Nexon?
    rMSS643.png
    kNAMPuZ.png
    This.
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    I'm anti-chair faction so I'm biased but I wish they would either hide the chair when you blacklist someone OR have a menu option to disable chairs and just show the character sitting on the floor. I doubt they'd do it though. Devs seem to overlook a lot. When people were spamming bugles after the merge, they never added a "hide bugle message option". They added auto-playing instrument to help players AFK level their music but nowadays they could limit it to homesteads so people aren't just spamming default music in town afk when their renown scores run out. Like Necro said, they could add boundaries like how you can't put campfires too close to NPCs but because chairs count as using Rest, you can do it anywhere.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Cho wrote: »
    I'm anti-chair faction so I'm biased but I wish they would either hide the chair when you blacklist someone OR have a menu option to disable chairs and just show the character sitting on the floor. I doubt they'd do it though. Devs seem to overlook a lot. When people were spamming bugles after the merge, they never added a "hide bugle message option". They added auto-playing instrument to help players AFK level their music but nowadays they could limit it to homesteads so people aren't just spamming default music in town afk when their renown scores run out. Like Necro said, they could add boundaries like how you can't put campfires too close to NPCs but because chairs count as using Rest, you can do it anywhere.

Never say never. You got your commas and disable flashy features. They can implement something like that if you want it, but you gotta let them know.

And no they will never block bugles because those are premium items and thus we have a right to shove cancer in your face because we paid for it.

Please unblacklist me. :joy:
  • NecrojokerNecrojoker

Never say never. You got your commas and disable flashy features. They can implement something like that if you want it, but you gotta let them know.

And no they will never block bugles because those are premium items and thus we have a right to shove cancer in your face because we paid for it.

Please unblacklist me. :joy:

If only there was some sort of forum where we could discuss these sorts of things... On the note of flashy dyes, it's always been a concern of mine that Mabi doesn't have an Epilepsy warning despite people being able to create actual seizure-inducing outfits. At least you can turn it off now.
  • ChoCho
    edited August 23, 2021
    Never say never. You got your commas and disable flashy features.
    On the note of flashy dyes, it's always been a concern of mine that Mabi doesn't have an Epilepsy warning despite people being able to create actual seizure-inducing outfits. At least you can turn it off now.

Don't mean to derail but what do you mean by commas and where is the option to disable flashy dyes? I don't see it unless Crimsọn is talking about the mini effects in the performance menu. I've seen some rapid black to white to blue/red flashys I would turn off if I could.
  • NecrojokerNecrojoker
    On the note of flashy dyes, it's always been a concern of mine that Mabi doesn't have an Epilepsy warning despite people being able to create actual seizure-inducing outfits. At least you can turn it off now.

Don't mean to derail but what do you mean by commas and where is the option to disable flashy dyes? I don't see it unless Crimsọn is talking about the mini effects in the performance menu. I've seen some rapid black to white to blue/red flashys I would turn off if I could.

I went to check for it as as well. Looks like Crimson's mods are showing. Also, how has Nexon not been sued for causing Epileptic Seizures or not having a warning on the game?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 23, 2021

I went to check for it as as well. Looks like Crimson's mods are showing. Also, how has Nexon not been sued for causing Epileptic Seizures or not having a warning on the game?

No I could of sworn they implemented a no flashy option. I've never used it...huh. I guess that was a false memory. Sorry guys. Thank god I quit drinking. :D

I really thought it was an option in options. Like I can see it in my head being there on the Ext tab...

MANDELA EFFECT! :joy:
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    So, I decided to go check out what all the hubub was about. I found a 'boat' and I was totally able to run right through it. So, if the gates to Dunbarton were 'blocked' it was only visually. Some levels of griefing are more like the weather, I suppose.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 24, 2021
    Helsa wrote: »
    So, I decided to go check out what all the hubub was about. I found a 'boat' and I was totally able to run right through it. So, if the gates to Dunbarton were 'blocked' it was only visually. Some levels of griefing are more like the weather, I suppose.

That's the point. It doesn't hurt anyone, it just makes idiots rage.

• ChoCho
    Helsa wrote: »

That's the point. It doesn't hurt anyone, it just makes idiots rage.

It's not even angering, it's just sad. You can't have a lot of people in one place together without someone going "LOOK AT ME!" and even if there's no one there yet, they want you to look at them so badly they'll afk at or on the way to the most populated area for 24 hours hoping that someone sees them.

Like, I'm just trying to do stardust or use the bank in Dunby but they need that validation so badly.