Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Unofficial Official Minecraft Thread

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    that is a whole lot! so i'm guessing both are on one world? :O i cant even imagine the hours you've put into it, that's insane! i've actually been working on a village too, but it's on a modpack called Dark and Dangerous. i've made walls around the city with prismarine lamps to light up the place, i'll have to get on it sometime and get some screenies.. i'm in survival since its easier to build and i dont take damage from stuff like weeping angels.. still get jumpscared by the noises they make when they travel though >:(
    also, Grian is one of my favorites :O i love seeing all the builds he makes!
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Sherri wrote: »
    that is a whole lot! so i'm guessing both are on one world? :O i cant even imagine the hours you've put into it, that's insane! i've actually been working on a village too, but it's on a modpack called Dark and Dangerous. i've made walls around the city with prismarine lamps to light up the place, i'll have to get on it sometime and get some screenies.. i'm in survival since its easier to build and i dont take damage from stuff like weeping angels.. still get jumpscared by the noises they make when they travel though >:(

Yes and no. They are separate maps but it's the same seed. Once you find a seed you like, write it down. That way if the game changes enough compelling you to start again, you use the same seed and you already know where everything is. The two arcologies are actually in almost the same spot. The zombie dungeon changed into a spider dungeon with an update which is why I installed the spawning chamber in the newer arcology. In the latest version of Minecraft, the witch hut is no longer in the location where I built my witch farm, in fact that swamp is now void of one, so I had to find a new one. The new one is in an okay spot, fortunately. It's a lot of hours but I've been playing Minecraft since 2010 and never got bored with it.

Aren't Weeping Angels a Doctor Who thing?

Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Helsa wrote: »

Yes and no. They are separate maps but it's the same seed. Once you find a seed you like, write it down. That way if the game changes enough compelling you to start again, you use the same seed and you already know where everything is. The two arcologies are actually in almost the same spot. The zombie dungeon changed into a spider dungeon with an update which is why I installed the spawning chamber in the newer arcology. In the latest version of Minecraft, the witch hut is no longer in the location where I built my witch farm, in fact that swamp is now void of one, so I had to find a new one. The new one is in an okay spot, fortunately. It's a lot of hours but I've been playing Minecraft since 2010 and never got bored with it.

Aren't Weeping Angels a Doctor Who thing?

Yup, someone made a mod for it. They break torches though which is annoying (i haven't watched Doctor Who before so this freaked me out when I first played it lol)
    theres also a Grue mod, little guys kill you if you're in darkness for too long :p reminds me of Charlie from Don't Starve Together
    Helsa
  • SherriSherri
    ok so i havent played minecraft in a while but i've been watching it! lately i've been watching the Yogscast lets play of it
    if anyone is curious, heres the first episode.. but i should warn you they do swear :p not that big of an issue imo but no-no words arent exactly liked by moderators lol

i do wanna get back into minecraft though, i might just redo the whole project i've been working on earlier on an actual version of minecraft instead of a snapshot so i dont have to worry about not being able to transfer my hard work to diff versions but ehhh that'll take a while and i've been rather busy lately so zzzz eventually i suppose
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    ok so i havent played minecraft in a while but i've been watching it! lately i've been watching the Yogscast lets play of it
    if anyone is curious, heres the first episode.. but i should warn you they do swear :p not that big of an issue imo but no-no words arent exactly liked by moderators lol

i do wanna get back into minecraft though, i might just redo the whole project i've been working on earlier on an actual version of minecraft instead of a snapshot so i dont have to worry about not being able to transfer my hard work to diff versions but ehhh that'll take a while and i've been rather busy lately so zzzz eventually i suppose

My little bro used to watch them all the time. Simon is a numbskull! :) The first time I saw Minecraft was in a video by Seananners. It was summer of 2010 and we were visting my Grandma, in another city. I was bored so was surfing YouTube. I looked up let's play video's for the old Duke Nukem game and found one by Seananners. At the very start they said something like, "I know you were all expecting another Minecraft video but I decided to play Duke Nukem." After the video ended I went back to hear the name of the game they mentioned. Then loaded up their first video in their let's play of Minecraft; I was hooked immediately. The funny part was, my grandma is a MAC owner. Since Minecraft was originally written in JAVA, that wasn't a problem. I downloaded it, found a set of login credentials and I was off to the races. Anyway, here tis. Probably a language warning is in order here as well; I don't remember.

Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    . . . The first time I saw Minecraft was in a video by Seananners. . . .

Talk about remembering the past with rose-coloured glasses, I started to rewatch this series and I had to stop, after a half-dozen episodes or so, because they played the game so badly and I found myself scolding my monitor too much!
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    it's quite odd, as annoying as it is to watch new players suck at Minecraft on Youtube, mostly crafting things wrong or seeing their inventories/chests turn into ground zero of a massive tornado outbreak..
    it also feels rather cozy or comforting to me, like it's pretty wholesome to watch someone play and get better at the game :>
    though i will admit that i do get envious when newbs find diamonds for the first time, i wish i could relive those moments myself x.x

as for my first minecraft experience, i found a youtuber called Bananapielord
    i won't post it because i remember him being veeeerrry vulgar LOL but instead i'll recommend another interesting minecraft series that i love! it's pretty wholesome. (it swears but it's censored)
    Helsa
  • SherriSherri
    i think i've found something for me to do!.. eventually. Mabinogi is going to be taking up all my time now with these events zzz
    this tweet right here.. it looks absolutely beautiful! it screams oasis building for me! ;w;
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    i think i've found something for me to do!.. eventually. Mabinogi is going to be taking up all my time now with these events zzz
    this tweet right here.. it looks absolutely beautiful! it screams oasis building for me! ;w;

I can't wait to see what you come up with! :)
  • HelsaHelsa
    I've been working in creative on a flat world lately; I should see if there's anything there worth presenting.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    edited August 30, 2021
    I've been working in creative on a flat world lately; I should see if there's anything there worth presenting.

ooo please do! i also apologize for not posting myself, i'm extremely close to getting a Ruination Staff made in Mabinogi x.x
    been grinding to death in tech haha but i still intend to try that seed i posted earlier :O
    i just dont know if im doing it in creative or not..
  • HelsaHelsa

ooo please do! i also apologize for not posting myself, i'm extremely close to getting a Ruination Staff made in Mabinogi x.x
    been grinding to death in tech haha but i still intend to try that seed i posted earlier :O
    i just dont know if im doing it in creative or not..

I'm still in the build-up-my-character phase as opposed to the build-up-my-stuff phase. So, I have not done any research into what I want. What I'm saying is that I have no idea what a Ruination Staff is. Nonetheless, I hope you get one real soon!!!!!
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    The first official snapshot for 1.18 has been released. So, I fired it up. Started a map with my usual seed and the world is totally different. For many years now changes in the game just took the map you were familiar with and made some changes to it. These new changes are so huge that the map itself has changed; you no longer know where anything is. I don't like my starting location in this new map, so I have to find a new seed; yey?
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    ... aaaand they changed the world generating system again. The new starting place is better than the previous but I still don't like it.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Well at least it's better! I'm kinda bummed that we gotta wait longer for the Deep Dark biome or whatever it was called, the one with the Warden in it.. it gives me horror game vibes and I'm excited to run around for dear life down there.

...oh and would you look at that, they did it again LOL
    2RZGwLq.png
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Well at least it's better! I'm kinda bummed that we gotta wait longer for the Deep Dark biome or whatever it was called, the one with the Warden in it.. it gives me horror game vibes and I'm excited to run around for dear life down there.

Version 19 is adding the Mangrove Swamp with all the fixin's. You may recall a few years back that the Mangrove Swamp lost in a biome vote. But if you look at the votes from both biome votes, of the biomes that didn't win, the mangrove swamp got the most votes. Next, just slightly behind, was Savannah, so I predict savannah will be added to Version 20. The last two: desert and badlands together had about as many votes as each of the other two, so I'm guessing they'll be added in either version 20 or 21.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri

Version 19 is adding the Mangrove Swamp with all the fixin's. You may recall a few years back that the Mangrove Swamp lost in a biome vote. But if you look at the votes from both biome votes, of the biomes that didn't win, the mangrove swamp got the most votes. Next, just slightly behind, was Savannah, so I predict savannah will be added to Version 20. The last two: desert and badlands together had about as many votes as each of the other two, so I'm guessing they'll be added in either version 20 or 21.

i'm glad they're updating the other biomes, i've heard people say that the chest in a boat isn't going to be helpful but i'm thinking it will be for those tunnels in the Nether that use ice and boats to travel on
    as for my minecraft adventures, i think i did a lot recently on my latest snapshot world and i wanna post pictures soon but i haven't had the chance since i've been really busy lately, don't wanna get off-topic tho..

i do have some pictures i took to show my friend though, since i've been updating the world with each new snapshot, i came across this near the spawn
    i don't know if it was a specific snapshot that caused this or the fact that i've been updating the world but it made this really deep cavern, i haven't explored it yet in survival but it's what i'll be doing next for sure! right now i'm making an underground tunnel to connect spawn and my house, i'mma put a railway through it so i can travel above or below ground, and then extend it to reach this monster of a cavern here..;
    7ftDWuD.png
    s7bUtbZ.png
    wjIfIrJ.png
    CiIyTDz.png
    Qj821dj.png
    ow7OLMr.png
    J85PV0H.png
    Fa9hHN6.png

i'm excited to grab those diamonds that are being guarded by every monster and their grandmother lol
    i think i saw some more somewhere too when i was taking screenshots for my friend, i don't remember where they exactly are though
    i also want to fish up some Mending books before i tackle this thing, it'll be easier to make my underground tunnels with a Mending diamond pickaxe too
  • HelsaHelsa
    The folks that say the chest in a boat is nothing are looking at it from an end game point of view. People focus on end game all the time. It's like when people ask a bunch of how do I get past game questions, you get a bunch of folks recommending this and that end game stuff to get you through. Well, duh!

I understand why folks are all gaga about these big caves and caverns, but for me it's like, "DAMM that's even more crap that I have to light up now." >:<
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    (i'm pretty sure the necro rule works different for threads that have a theme around them, it would be easier to bring this one back then make another one, and i've been getting into minecraft again lately)

has anyone else been following the development of 1.19? theres some pretty insane stuff being added.. i'll be honest, i was excited for the Warden but now i'm not so sure.. i'm not expecting to be able to kill it but seeing it having ranged attacks that go through walls is incredibly worrying, especially since i consider myself a big klutz in games
    all i can say is that there better be stuff down below that make it incredibly worth the risk because so far i'm not even going to THINK about going there (..legit. i'll check it out in creative and mess around in it on a world not meant for survival, would be good practice for if i ever do want to try going there on my main worlds)

.....words can't express how sorry i feel for anyone on hardcore who thinks going there is a decent idea
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited April 15, 2022
    (i'm pretty sure the necro rule works different for threads that have a theme around them, it would be easier to bring this one back then make another one, and i've been getting into minecraft again lately)

has anyone else been following the development of 1.19? theres some pretty insane stuff being added.. i'll be honest, i was excited for the Warden but now i'm not so sure.. i'm not expecting to be able to kill it but seeing it having ranged attacks that go through walls is incredibly worrying, especially since i consider myself a big klutz in games
    all i can say is that there better be stuff down below that make it incredibly worth the risk because so far i'm not even going to THINK about going there (..legit. i'll check it out in creative and mess around in it on a world not meant for survival, would be good practice for if i ever do want to try going there on my main worlds)

.....words can't express how sorry i feel for anyone on hardcore who thinks going there is a decent idea

I really think the necro rule is dumb. I suspect the staff deal with this on a case-by-case basis but aren't vocal about it.

Don't worry about the Warden; someone will figure out how to deal with it. They did say that they would make it so that poling up won't work and the Sonic Boom attack is their reason. Okay, but does it have limited range? Can it be dodged? If so, then just keep them behind a fence and out of their range and p'toik-p'toik away.

I have an original Mojang account. I tried to fire the game up the other day. It now wants me to have a Microsoft account. I'm not happy about that.