Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Talent: Engineer [Updated]

Professor_QProfessor_Q
Mabinogi Rep: 1,580
edited September 9, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
Server: Nao
IGN: Quayshaun

6048da123ec148ea249ffbade8aec0c7.jpg

When you hear the word engineers in any MMO game they are technological masterminds. They employ turrets, bombs, elixirs, a variety of other impressive devices, and concoctions to overcome their enemies.

I have been thinking and wondering why this talent was not added yet so here goes, after seeing a few costumes involving the Engineer from steam to Hillwen it got me thinking what if there is a Combat Talent that makes use of Hillwen technology.

We have Hillwen Engineering in the game already and we're hoping they make some cool uses with it, but after seeing the new talent of bonding with pets I felt the skill Hillwen Engineering was misplaced or just throw in there.

So I thought why not make a New Talent call Engineer or Hillwen Engineer they will make great uses with Traps, automatic turrets, bombs, or golems that you can ride on.

You may have any new skills be made but using what the user creates using Hillwen Engineering.

I'm just throwing this idea out there so I won't forget any you guys like to add would be awesome.
Weapon
Engineer Toolbag is a two-handed weapon you won't be holding it but you will see it behind the player's back.
it what let him use all the skills below.
or
Mana Hammer one-handed weapon you can pretty much see in the picture.

Skills
Inventions Mastery - This will improve your damage, repair attempts so you will fail less.
Mana Turret - Build an Auto Mana turret that shoots at foes can only have up to two on the field and can be damaged and run out of ammo.
Mana Turret Mastery - This would increase its HP, DAMAGE.
Repair - This would basically repair any damage tool you have on the field.
Reload - You would have to be up close to the turret to reload it.
Trap Tool - Let you set different types of traps
Mana Golem - You would summon a golem to ride on, you won't get damaged while on the golem but it has a limited time before it disappears.
while on the golem, you can have it punch, stomp or defend but your skills like turrets would be offline.
Skills already in the game
Hillwen Engineering
Rare Mineralogy

1. New Talent: Engineer5 votes
    1. YES
       40% (2 votes)
    2. NO
       40% (2 votes)
    3. FIX OR ADD THIS [Comment]
       20% (1 vote)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    When you hear the word engineers

I think . . . .

cartoon-train-conductor-mustache-260nw-200186912.jpg

I like the idea but what has been presented, so far, is basically construct alchemy with a twist: a golem, and a tower cylinder. I like the idea that an engineer would build stuff that would be useful. There is precedent for this as we have several talents that mostly just buff. Engineers could do that and more. They could build powerful equipment that is temporary; it wears out, be it hand-held or operated. The equipment could be for combat and non-combat: resource gathering, processing, and crafting. The equipment can buff, or better yet alter the field. We have few skills that alter the field, most alter the player.

• Professor_QProfessor_Q
    Helsa wrote: »
    When you hear the word engineers

I think . . . .

cartoon-train-conductor-mustache-260nw-200186912.jpg

I like the idea but what has been presented, so far, is basically construct alchemy with a twist: a golem, and a tower cylinder. I like the idea that an engineer would build stuff that would be useful. There is precedent for this as we have several talents that mostly just buff. Engineers could do that and more. They could build powerful equipment that is temporary; it wears out, be it hand-held or operated. The equipment could be for combat and non-combat: resource gathering, processing, and crafting. The equipment can buff, or better yet alter the field. We have few skills that alter the field, most alter the player.

That would be the case but the tower is never used and the Engineer version turret is automatic so it will target an enemy without the players being on it. The Golem version I'm talking about is the one that was used in Mabinogi 2 Arena.
  • Professor_QProfessor_Q
    I almost forgot I made this topic already.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I almost forgot I replied this topic already. ;)
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    The only thing I liked in your suggestion is about making golems a mount basically. I think golems should be like a mountable mech. You can do special alchemy skills while on it and you get big defense buffs but you are very slow.