Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Josh Strife Hayes - mabinogi

SacredCrimsonSacredCrimson
Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
edited August 5, 2021 in General Chat
So i have seen this guy doing "worst mmo" really good but he is burning though them all pretty fast so who wants to bet how long mabi will take before its on the list.
  1. will he even see it?6 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (3 votes)
    2. No
       17% (1 vote)
    3. Yes but he won't do it.
       33% (2 votes)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited August 6, 2021
    Who?

Whatever, we're not even on his radar. We're barely on anyone's radar for anything. If you are alluding to Mabi being one of the worst mmo's then I believe you need to move on and just get out of here.

Seriously just get the bleep out of here. :|
    BlissfulkillUnpayed
  • SacredCrimsonSacredCrimson
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Who?

Whatever, we're not even on his radar. We're barely on anyone's radar for anything. If you are alluding to Mabi being one of the worst mmo's then I believe you need to move on and just get out of here.

If you would actually have went and looked he has reviewed games such as warframe as well and its just a name for a series it does not mean it is the "worst mmo" he just reviews them for fun in a critical way.
    Hiroki05
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 7, 2021
    Who?

If you would actually have went and looked he has reviewed games such as warframe as well and its just a name for a series it does not mean it is the "worst mmo" he just reviews them for fun in a critical way.

I don't care.
    Unpayed
  • stormhammerstormhammer
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,465
    |
    Why respond to a thread if you have no idea what its about?
    So i have seen this guy doing "worst mmo" really good but he is burning though them all pretty fast so who wants to bet how long mabi will take before its on the list.

I saw he wrote down mabi's name in his "history of MMOs" timeline. He seems to have at least researched mabi, because it had its heyday in Korea at least. That series is on hiatus though. Really solid stuff so im assuming hes taking a break to make sure he has the energy to research every point in the timeline thoroughly. He may of course cut mabi from the list to shorten the timeline a little, but he's been good about listing Korea's releases as well as the US' as he went.

As for whether mabi will feature in Worst MMOs? Maybe, maybe not. He did Fiesta, and Fiesta has a player count in the double digits. It came from the same era as Mabi too, or at least was advertised at the same time. More likely, he will probably get to Maplestory one day, and then there is a chance he'll pick up other nexon games on the way.

And while the series is called Worst MMOs, its a clickbait title that covers an generally honest review of UI and new player experience, for both bad and good games alike. I can imagine he'll give a bit of a brutal review, as soon as he sees the item upgrade process. "Chance to fail and destroy the item" seems to be on his list of hated features.
    Hiroki05
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 7, 2021
    |
    Why respond to a thread if you have no idea what its about?

I saw he wrote down mabi's name in his "history of MMOs" timeline. He seems to have at least researched mabi, because it had its heyday in Korea at least. That series is on hiatus though. Really solid stuff so im assuming hes taking a break to make sure he has the energy to research every point in the timeline thoroughly. He may of course cut mabi from the list to shorten the timeline a little, but he's been good about listing Korea's releases as well as the US' as he went.

As for whether mabi will feature in Worst MMOs? Maybe, maybe not. He did Fiesta, and Fiesta has a player count in the double digits. It came from the same era as Mabi too, or at least was advertised at the same time. More likely, he will probably get to Maplestory one day, and then there is a chance he'll pick up other nexon games on the way.

And while the series is called Worst MMOs, its a clickbait title that covers an generally honest review of UI and new player experience, for both bad and good games alike. I can imagine he'll give a bit of a brutal review, as soon as he sees the item upgrade process. "Chance to fail and destroy the item" seems to be on his list of hated features.

Because...all threads like these accomplish nothing but FUD and flame baiting. Well OP you have elicited a strong response which was more than likely your intention. I don't know why anyone would post a thread that essentially bashes a game on it's own forums. Go do that on twitter or something. :smirk:

So yeah, I don't care about who that guy is or whatever the intentions of this thread and I can post about why I don't if I damn well please. Deal with it.

In before more people cry bully. 9dnGeIh.png
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    aa4.jpg
    CrimsọnUnpayed
  • stormhammerstormhammer
    essentially bashes a game on it's own forums
    while the series is called Worst MMOs, its a clickbait title that covers an generally honest review of UI and new player experience, for both bad and good games alike

There is no implication of bashing mabi. You took it that way, and it seems it has
    elicited a strong response

The context is that the series is called "worst mmo ever?" but the answer at the end of each video is generally "no. My rating is Ferghus broke my sword/10" or some other cheeky joke that comes along with the critique.

If you don't care, then you don't care. Not much to do about that. But telling someone to

Is just rude for no reason.
    GretaHiroki05
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 7, 2021
    essentially bashes a game on it's own forums
    while the series is called Worst MMOs, its a clickbait title that covers an generally honest review of UI and new player experience, for both bad and good games alike

There is no implication of bashing mabi. You took it that way, and it seems it has
    elicited a strong response

The context is that the series is called "worst mmo ever?" but the answer at the end of each video is generally "no. My rating is Ferghus broke my sword/10" or some other cheeky joke that comes along with the critique.

If you don't care, then you don't care. Not much to do about that. But telling someone to

Is just rude for no reason.

- Oh yes there is, smh. 9dnGeIh.png
    - That's not something you do without getting yelled at by people who have played here for a while. Expect it if you wanna post stuff like that. Try doing that on the forums of other games for those games and see what happens. lol.
    - It's old and tired and overdone. I am personally sick of it and have little tolerance left for garbage like this. I have been here for over 13 years. I'm the boomer of this game. You guys wanna insist and try to skirt the issue here, well it's not going to end well.

Listen, If this game is truly one of the "worst mmo's", then tell us why instead of posting stuff like this. You know they made some really awesome updates to this game that are coming really soon:
    https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/68691/renovation-season-2-combat-talent-changes
    https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/68866/renewed-adventures-quality-of-life-updates
    If there is something you don't like, be constructive about it and make your case. It might get changed or implemented down the road. A lot of stuff we suggest in these forums eventually gets implemented.

Who here cares about that youtuber or what they have to say about this game?
  • stormhammerstormhammer
    You keep dodging the point, which makes me think you aren't even reading responses :/
    Nobody is bashing mabi here.
    Nobody is calling Mabi a bad MMO.

The series "Worst MMO Ever?" Is not calling the game being reviewed a bad mmo. Its a silly question that starts the video, and then the reviewer tries to describe the good parts and the bad parts honestly.

If you want MY critique of the game, its not what the thread is about. The thread is about a popular MMO youtuber.
    You know they made some really awesome updates to this game that are coming really soon

Im actually back playing Mabi BECAUSE im seeing the devs put effort into improving the quality of life of the game, and also because the youtuber that OP mentioned got me excited about MMOs again, so i wanted to come back to my favorite one.
    GretaHiroki05Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 8, 2021
    Not cool Crimson, not cool... Attacking without understanding the context lol.
    Or should I say your OG name Gaia? Because OP also has Crimson name on them.
    Hiroki05Helsa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    You keep dodging the point, which makes me think you aren't even reading responses :/
    Nobody is bashing mabi here.
    Nobody is calling Mabi a bad MMO.

The series "Worst MMO Ever?" Is not calling the game being reviewed a bad mmo. Its a silly question that starts the video, and then the reviewer tries to describe the good parts and the bad parts honestly.

If you want MY critique of the game, its not what the thread is about. The thread is about a popular MMO youtuber.
    You know they made some really awesome updates to this game that are coming really soon

Im actually back playing Mabi BECAUSE im seeing the devs put effort into improving the quality of life of the game, and also because the youtuber that OP mentioned got me excited about MMOs again, so i wanted to come back to my favorite one.

Well, welcome back.
  • MagicmarioMagicmario
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    I think Crimson is just trying to make a point that
    1. he doesn't know who the guy OP is talking about
    2. he doesn't care how that guy judge Mabi nor care if the guy is going to make a video about Mabi or not
    Looking at the context OP has written, the wordings are misleading as it talks about a whatever youtuber programme is going to feature Mabi or not, and the name of that programme does not really give any positive message on this forum, as most people won't visit that guy's channel but only see "worst MMO".
    It's the OP's right to start the thread, but it's also Crimson's right to not like what OP has started. (Me either)
    As a very old Mabi player here, I want to see Mabi survive as long as it can, and recently Nexon is doing a good job, which is a surprise. I would like to see this continues, and don't want anything (like the context of OP by it's face value) to discourage anyone from continuing playing or joining the game as a new player.
    So I'm with Crimson on this.
    stormhammerCrimsọn
  • stormhammerstormhammer
    Magicmario wrote: »

Thats definitely fair, and all those opinions are valid.
    - not liking the youtuber is fair
    - not liking the youtuber's reviews is fair
    - not liking the way he names his videos is fair
    - not caring about what the guy has to say about mabi is fair
    - not wanting to have him review the game is fair
    - not wanting to have threads bashing mabi is fair

I just dont like telling people to leave because they wanted to talk about a youtuber they liked.
    Well, welcome back.

Thanks, its good to be back.
    Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

The second underline can be interpreted as Mabinogi being "on list" would not be unexpected. This is not flattering to Mabinogi. The first underline can be interpreted as the OP considers the YouTuber's opinion as authoritative. Combined one can suspect that the OP expects authoritative opinion to be unflattering to Mabinogi. As such Crimsy's response is fully understandable.

• stormhammerstormhammer
    Helsa wrote: »

The second underline can be interpreted as Mabinogi being "on list" would not be unexpected. This is not flattering to Mabinogi. The first underline can be interpreted as the OP considers the YouTuber's opinion as authoritative. Combined one can suspect that the OP expects authoritative opinion to be unflattering to Mabinogi. As such Crimsy's response is fully understandable.

I totally agree that's a reasonable interpretation if you are not familiar with what the series is about. I mostly feel the need to defend OP because it seemed to me that he targeted the thread at people who already have some context, but the youtuber in question only struck bigger popularity recently, so its a bad assumption to think people would know that context by default.

I also wanted to provide some of that context here so the discussion would be a little more fruitful. If it caused an argument, sorry about that.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited September 9, 2021
    All the OP has to do is give a more clarifying MO of the youtuber's content or quote someone who does and say 'thanks for the description' or something. Easy peasy! Very first post instantly becomes more helpful

Instead we now have a topic that's one person pretending to freak out(with the intention of spreading fud and then using the commotion to blame it on someone else once someone else is GT'd into volunteering the blame) and a bunch of people falling for it.

But yes. Eventually. He's even done Lucent Heart
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 9, 2021
    Correct, OP didn't really give me a good reason to be interested in that dude because of the negative connotations. I mean really, WHY would I be interested in anything anyone has to say about Mabinogi being the worst mmo? Rhetorical question. I love this game so I don't need to listen to someone bash it. Thanks.

I think we're done here.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    idk who they are but i'm a bit curious now :O might go check 'em out when i get a chance
  • stormhammerstormhammer
    Sherri wrote: »
    idk who they are but i'm a bit curious now :O might go check 'em out when i get a chance

I highly recommend his otherland series.
    Its like he saw a game that had HEART put into it, but was clearly bad, and he dug for all the gems in it.

the playlist
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sherri wrote: »

NO DON'T, CLICK BAIT CLICK BAIT CLICK BAIT!!!
This discussion has been closed.