Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead with all 6 expansions.

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in General Chat
So, I applied expansions 4, 5, and 6. Back when I applied 1, 2, and 3, I figured I'd get around to using the space eventually still haven't yet. All I knew was I wanted it anyway. Same with 4, 5, and 6. Anyway here's how big they are. The built up area is the size of the biggest free homestead.

TlGn9n7.jpg
Sherri

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I don't even need all this space but I bought it anyway. Well played Nexon. :D
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    its kinda hard to see it compared to if i were to look around in game myself (might just be me though) but it does look really huge!
    also i caved in and got the expansion tickets too, it'll take a loooong time since i have so much junk but i'll probably expand and remodel my entire homestead.. eventually
    last time i did this a year or two ago it literally took me hours to get something together haha :D
  • HelsaHelsa
    Because of just how big the place is, I had to use Crab Bubble Action to get some elevation for a better viewing angle.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    This extra space is going to allow me to expand my forest and drown out the desert further.

Two things that bug about homesteads... not being able to change the desert to a green field. And also those 3 rooms in my house that have remained locked for years.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    This extra space is going to allow me to expand my forest and drown out the desert further.

I did the math. Assuming each square is a square metre then the full-sized homestead is just shy of two acres.

And also those 3 rooms in my house that have remained locked for years.

I was just thinking about those locked rooms myself. Obviously they're for future expansion so it might be a room associated with glyphs and one with pets and so on; you know yellow skill stuff.

Two things that bug about homesteads... not being able to change the desert to a green field.

If you had an Uladh homestead, well, Rarity put it best, "My eyes need a rest from all this icky muck". If the human homestead has grass backgrounds that would help. Ironically I think the elven homesteads would improve if they did not have grass but sand. This is one of the two reasons I chose a winter homestead: 1. The homestead jives with the background better 2. With snow if you line a pathway with flowers you imply a proper stone/cement walkway that is under the snow.
    Sherri
  • stormhammerstormhammer
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,465
    edited September 12, 2021
    Helsa wrote: »
    I did the math. Assuming each square is a square metre then the full-sized homestead is just shy of two acres.

so my smokescreen has a radius of 6m. 9 hs squares fit inside the diameter, give or take a tiny fraction. It might actually be exactly 9, but then id have to count the glow of the edge of the smokescreen aoe.
    That gives 1.333m width per square, or 1.777 sq m.

Max size of a hs these days is 91x91 squares,
    So 91 m x 91 m, for a total of 8281 sq m of buildable area.
    Swap that to feet, and we have 89,135.94 sq ft.
    1 acre = 43560 sq ft, so the biggest available homestead is roughly ~2.046 acres (Like Helsa said).
    If we measure that in dinosaur chicken nuggets, thats 5,704,700 dinosaur chicken nuggets. An obscene amount of dinosaur chickens would have to die for that measurement.

*edit
    smokescreen RADIUS is 6m, not DIAMETER. recalculated the dino nuggets.

*edit 2
    smokescreen fits 12 squares, whoops. its 1m per square.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Helsa wrote: »

so my smokescreen has a radius of 6m. 9 hs squares fit inside the diameter, give or take a tiny fraction. It might actually be exactly 9, but then id have to count the glow of the edge of the smokescreen aoe.
    That gives 1.333m width per square, or 1.777 sq m.
    Max size of a hs these days is 91x91 squares,
    So 121.333 m x 121.333 m, for a total of 14,721.777 sq m of buildable area.
    Swap that to feet, and we have 158,463.897 sq ft.
    1 acre = 43560 sq ft, so the biggest available homestead is roughly ~3.638 acres.
    If we measure that in dinosaur chicken nuggets, thats 10,142,162 dinosaur chicken nuggets. An obscene amount of dinosaur chickens would have to die for that measurement.

*edit
    smokescreen RADIUS is 6m, not DIAMETER. recalculated the dino nuggets.

yeahhh all that math just went over.. mother of god thats a lot of dino nuggets.. THAT IS ONE GIANT HOMESTEAD O_O
  • stormhammerstormhammer
    i tried to do the math for volume.
    Old dunby belltower used to glitch out and appear in the distance of homesteads back in the day, or at least I remember that happening.
    Id assume thats the tallest thing that would fit in a homestead.

If we can find out how tall the dunby belltower was, we can figure out how many cubic feet of dino nuggs would fit.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited September 12, 2021
    so the biggest available homestead is roughly ~3.638 acres.

My bad, I thought the biggest free homestead was 46 not 49 metres a side. Recalculating, with one square being 1 metre then we have an area of just over two acres! 2.046 acres.

Using 1 square = 4/3 metres means that each square is 4 feet + 4.5 inches. Visually that doesn't seem right. If each square is a yard, then 4/3 yards = 4 feet which, visually seem to large as well. Since Korea uses the metric system, it would seem likely that each square is a metre, so is there a disconnect between the visual size of squares and combat ranges?
  • stormhammerstormhammer
    After further review, i am blind as hell.
    9 squares dont fit in my smokescreen aoe.
    12 do. With a radius of 600 units, that means each box is 100 units, or 1m.

I'll uh... stay away from counting squares at midnight. doesnt seem to be my strong suite.
    Let me know if you need a dino nuggie calculation though, im good at those.

But you're spot on. 2.046 acres is the max of a homestead.
  • HelsaHelsa
    After further review, i am blind as hell.
    9 squares dont fit in my smokescreen aoe.
    12 do. With a radius of 600 units, that means each box is 100 units, or 1m.

I'll uh... stay away from counting squares at midnight. doesnt seem to be my strong suite.
    Let me know if you need a dino nuggie calculation though, im good at those.

But you're spot on. 2.046 acres is the max of a homestead.

Fugitaboutit. We both had hiccups, but the answer was figgered eventually.