Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Apocalypse Raid Update Preview

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited September 16, 2021 in Vault
Gather your party and venture into the depths of the secret containment area and defeat the mutated specimen! Check out the preview of the Apocalypse Raid, coming on September 23rd, here!

Comments

• ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    "The first party of Milletians to defeat this monstrosity will obtain the title The Gravedigger"

So between that and the Avalon seal breaker only 5 (well 8 for Nao, 5 for Alexina) people on the server are able to have a title that grants +1 Piercing. Can ya'll please have some sort of event-earned or permanent in-game earned title that adds piercing for everyone to be able to earn? Competitive prizes shouldn't give people this much of a leg-up, they should be mostly for show or at least a clone of something that's permanent but difficult to obtain through normal gameplay.
    LammerJianto
  • TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Shakaya wrote: »
    "The first party of Milletians to defeat this monstrosity will obtain the title The Gravedigger"

So between that and the Avalon seal breaker only 5 (well 8 for Nao, 5 for Alexina) people on the server are able to have a title that grants +1 Piercing. Can ya'll please have some sort of event-earned or permanent in-game earned title that adds piercing for everyone to be able to earn? Competitive prizes shouldn't give people this much of a leg-up, they should be mostly for show or at least a clone of something that's permanent but difficult to obtain through normal gameplay.

Tory ravine seal breaker also gives piercing.
  • Baka009Baka009
    Mabinogi Rep: 865
    What percent of player base have 30k total?feels downstonks
  • LammerLammer
    Mabinogi Rep: 950
    Having such a good title only available for 4 people (players that probably don't even need that boost if they are strong enough to clear before everyone else) feels really bad. Natural piercing is impossible enough to get with the destructive robe, but now only the whales can get even more piercing with an exclusive title? I vote that the title should be given on all clears. Endgame content already has an enormous gap between late game. Make Mabi less elitist and give us ALL piercing!
    ShakayaJiantoUnpayed
  • NecrojokerNecrojoker
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    Lammer wrote: »
    Having such a good title only available for 4 people (players that probably don't even need that boost if they are strong enough to clear before everyone else) feels really bad. Natural piercing is impossible enough to get with the destructive robe, but now only the whales can get even more piercing with an exclusive title? I vote that the title should be given on all clears. Endgame content already has an enormous gap between late game. Make Mabi less elitist and give us ALL piercing!

This sums up my feelings entirely.
    ShakayaBaka009
  • SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    What's the point of a 30k total level requirement? I'm barely 20k total and I have 10000 AP I can't use because there's nothing left to rank. Before this unique piece of content, I had literally no reason to continue leveling.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Sorath wrote: »
    What's the point of a 30k total level requirement? I'm barely 20k total and I have 10000 AP I can't use because there's nothing left to rank. Before this unique piece of content, I had literally no reason to continue leveling.

It's probably pushing towards the Shine of Eweca bonus which grows every 1k levels, maxing at 40k currently. It's unlikely that the parties that will be attempting this unique mission will be going in with anything less than the best they have. Level 10 techs, Level 200 for max Shine bonus, all r1/Dan skills, erg'd weapons, enchanted + reforged gear. Because of the unique requirements of the mission, having the higher level requirements makes sure that characters that havent had a chance (or possibly need) to do the above, aren't being dragged through and causing failures. It also prevents anybody from dragging through alts (read- cousins) for extra rewards
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    still a very garbage idea to reward XD
    Stormbeast wrote: »

It's probably pushing towards the Shine of Eweca bonus which grows every 1k levels, maxing at 40k currently. It's unlikely that the parties that will be attempting this unique mission will be going in with anything less than the best they have. Level 10 techs, Level 200 for max Shine bonus, all r1/Dan skills, erg'd weapons, enchanted + reforged gear. Because of the unique requirements of the mission, having the higher level requirements makes sure that characters that havent had a chance (or possibly need) to do the above, aren't being dragged through and causing failures. It also prevents anybody from dragging through alts (read- cousins) for extra rewards

• UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    When I said the Devs to take a page from World Of Warcraft years ago, I didn't know they would take it seriously. Someone needs to fire the devs who thought of it and fire/ban the playtesters who tested it in a OP build instead of an average player test build.

Not all of us is elite. Those who can fit the requirements are the ones who dedicated themselves to Mabinogi. Their financial data displays that they have spent over 1000+ USD for NX, They have countless hours. They have Dan1/Max skills, Erg, the best equips,etc

I can imagine the mission having everyone on a Voice chat, which I say, it's something that I respect in MMO, but has no place in Mabinogi due to Mabinogi doesn't have any roles (DPS, Tank, Healer) that makes it necessary.

Don't call it a "Raid" when it's just four people.
    No potions? Great! Healing is piss poor in Mabinogi any ways. Lets waste time healing everyone because...
    Oh, we have a Time limit. Right, it gives me fears of poorly made DPS check gates. This also means we can only Vital Surge/Iron Will and Time Shift Once. Great.
    I ain't surprised if I hear people saying there's a DPS gate.
    Pets can't help us? I expect Aggro hell.

The obtainers of this title if it's not changed before release who be mocked. It's not a badge of honor, it's a badge of dishonor.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited September 17, 2021
    Let's buy those $50 USD+ pet gachas that have really good pets... Only to not be able to use them in new content.
    Ok, so let's rank those very useful movement skills that can get you out of a tight situation... But screw you, you can't use them because reasons.
    So if you're hurt, just use some potions right? Like we've been doing for many years...? Who am I kidding, just suck it up.

Oh and don't forget you can't die.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Demoncat wrote: »
    still a very garbage idea to reward XD

I don't think it's garbage to reward those that have invested in their character an optional content choice that has really good reward Enchants for the BiS equipments. It's garbage to only reward the first group to clear it with the title.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Unpayed wrote: »
    When I said the Devs to take a page from World Of Warcraft years ago, I didn't know they would take it seriously. Someone needs to fire the devs who thought of it and fire/ban the playtesters who tested it in a OP build instead of an average player test build.

Not all of us is elite. Those who can fit the requirements are the ones who dedicated themselves to Mabinogi. Their financial data displays that they have spent over 1000+ USD for NX, They have countless hours. They have Dan1/Max skills, Erg, the best equips,etc

I can imagine the mission having everyone on a Voice chat, which I say, it's something that I respect in MMO, but has no place in Mabinogi due to Mabinogi doesn't have any roles (DPS, Tank, Healer) that makes it necessary.

Don't call it a "Raid" when it's just four people.
    No potions? Great! Healing is piss poor in Mabinogi any ways. Lets waste time healing everyone because...
    Oh, we have a Time limit. Right, it gives me fears of poorly made DPS check gates. This also means we can only Vital Surge/Iron Will and Time Shift Once. Great.
    I ain't surprised if I hear people saying there's a DPS gate.
    Pets can't help us? I expect Aggro hell.

The obtainers of this title if it's not changed before release who be mocked. It's not a badge of honor, it's a badge of dishonor.

This mission specifically does have 3 roles (DPS, Tank, Healer) lol. Each of these roles have a unique effect on player stats. Eg. Healer gets +1000% Healing and +250% Party Healing, Tank gets unlimited IW and Tenacious Taunt durations and an extra 10k HP from Vital surge (there are other effects as well). So yes, most likely the parties running this will be on Voice Chat.

It's not so much a DPS gate as a straight DPS and strategy CHECK. 15 mins and 4 party-wide deaths. It's either survive and kill, or Fail.

• UnpayedUnpayed
    Too bad those techs would be useful anywhere else. But to know that they need THOSE techs to be exclusive to this mission? I don't get the dev's logic.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    >30k cumulative
    >Only 4 players ever get the reward

How about no. I'll just continue to wait for Thordan Ultimate kthx
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    edited September 18, 2021
    @Unpayed Outside of this raid, only the DPS tech would actually see real use, due to nobody willingly taking a 50% dmg reduction for everything else (outside of a Cousin getting Support for better buffs), when they can get by without it. I actually find the Dev's thought to give players a new type of mission great, it really for showing that the game is continuing to evolve instead of just being mindless grinding. Could be comparative to when Apostle Raids got added that required cooperation to get through the higher difficulties.
  • mintielmintiel
    So like, I missed this last night cos it was 3 am.
    It's not so much a DPS gate as a straight DPS and strategy CHECK. 15 mins and 4 party-wide deaths. It's either survive and kill, or Fail.

Sincere question here (not exactly at you but in general), how the hell are you supposed to prog any fight with 4 deaths between 4 people? You have 15 minutes before the thing enrages. And 4 deaths. I'm assuming it's not just going to be a tank and spank while the healer tosses out a few aimed heals at tank/heals partywides (if it is, that's kind of pathetic). It feels like there's def gotta be some form of mechanics in the fight so it's like... idk, 4 deaths only seems like so much time will be wasted attempting to understand what's going on.

This is coming from a place of comparing a raid with other game's raids of course, cos I haven't touched any part of mabi's MSQ since G21, but from what I remember of parts of g21, they were trying to implement some form of readable mechanic in one of the fights earlier on and I just remember nothing but a glitchy mess where it was like "whale or die" (people claimed it was 'readable' but it didn't feel like it at all).

Like IDK I just don't think 4 deaths or you're out is a good design personally. Sounds aimlessly frustrating.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    mintiel wrote: »
    So like, I missed this last night cos it was 3 am.

Sincere question here (not exactly at you but in general), how the hell are you supposed to prog any fight with 4 deaths between 4 people? You have 15 minutes before the thing enrages. And 4 deaths. I'm assuming it's not just going to be a tank and spank while the healer tosses out a few aimed heals at tank/heals partywides (if it is, that's kind of pathetic). It feels like there's def gotta be some form of mechanics in the fight so it's like... idk, 4 deaths only seems like so much time will be wasted attempting to understand what's going on.

This is coming from a place of comparing a raid with other game's raids of course, cos I haven't touched any part of mabi's MSQ since G21, but from what I remember of parts of g21, they were trying to implement some form of readable mechanic in one of the fights earlier on and I just remember nothing but a glitchy mess where it was like "whale or die" (people claimed it was 'readable' but it didn't feel like it at all).

Like IDK I just don't think 4 deaths or you're out is a good design personally. Sounds aimlessly frustrating.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BJMUC0xoBK7G2OQdMoWrzavZhgbtPT_ucWiWqGeJHTA/edit?usp=sharing

Inside the link is a section dedicated to the new raid. Within that is the moveset of the boss, most say telegraphed attack, and also some non-movement moves that can be used to get out of the damage zone before getting hit. Aside from that, all the roles that are assigned do come with increased HP (aside from Support, who should be outside of damage range by default) and the tank role does come with additional Vital Surge HP as well. Demigod's regeneration, Zone of Recovery, recovery glyphs on the ground will all provide additional healing to the Support person as well (I'm not sure if a Mixed Elixir would be listed on the unusable potions list, but we'll assume it is for now). As for the 4 deaths, that is 1 per party member. Some Apostle Raids don't even have that, Zebach allows up to 16 people in but fails if 10 people die.

*credit for the link goes to Soul Streamer Cryozen7*
  • mintielmintiel

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BJMUC0xoBK7G2OQdMoWrzavZhgbtPT_ucWiWqGeJHTA/edit?usp=sharing

Inside the link is a section dedicated to the new raid. Within that is the moveset of the boss, most say telegraphed attack, and also some non-movement moves that can be used to get out of the damage zone before getting hit. Aside from that, all the roles that are assigned do come with increased HP (aside from Support, who should be outside of damage range by default) and the tank role does come with additional Vital Surge HP as well. Demigod's regeneration, Zone of Recovery, recovery glyphs on the ground will all provide additional healing to the Support person as well (I'm not sure if a Mixed Elixir would be listed on the unusable potions list, but we'll assume it is for now). As for the 4 deaths, that is 1 per party member. Some Apostle Raids don't even have that, Zebach allows up to 16 people in but fails if 10 people die.

*credit for the link goes to Soul Streamer Cryozen7*
    Ohok so it's essentially not blind then. Got it. Thanks for answering.
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    @Unpayed Outside of this raid, only the DPS tech would actually see real use, due to nobody willingly taking a 50% dmg reduction for everything else (outside of a Cousin getting Support for better buffs), when they can get by without it. I actually find the Dev's thought to give players a new type of mission great, it really for showing that the game is continuing to evolve instead of just being mindless grinding. Could be comparative to when Apostle Raids got added that required cooperation to get through the higher difficulties.

Like I said, when I said years ago that Mabi should take a page from WoW, I didn't realize they were indirectly listening.

I would use the tank role outside of the mission if I can defend myself more from getting 400-1000+ damage from Heroic Alban. And I thought Phantasm was unfair. Better be yeeted/SuccubusQueen'D there.

I'm curious if Mabi would update itself with "Roles". Looking at them in the google docs above brings me... hope. I'm actually like the idea. I just hope there would be some sort of role that does that outside of this.

EDIT: Looking through this... MHW Behemoth? Ecliptic Meteor? (We are already dead) o_o
    EDIT2: I just realized that the devs might be playing too much Monster Hunter World.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    I would use the tank role outside of the mission if I can defend myself more from getting 400-1000+ damage from Heroic Alban. And I thought Phantasm was unfair. Better be yeeted/SuccubusQueen'D there.

The tank would actually take more damage in the TTK than usual due to reducing your damage more than it reduces incoming damage. The main use for it in the raid is Crowd Control, with the guide creator even mentioning that it's usefulness inside the raid depends on how Tenacious Taunt effects the Mutant.
    I'm curious if Mabi would update itself with "Roles". Looking at them in the google docs above brings me... hope. I'm actually like the idea. I just hope there would be some sort of role that does that outside of this.

EDIT: Looking through this... MHW Behemoth? Ecliptic Meteor? (We are already dead) o_o
    EDIT2: I just realized that the devs might be playing too much Monster Hunter World.
    "Roles" have already be implemented in Mabi, for quite some time (at least 5 generation updates ago). With Apostle Raids, the party is broken down into shielders, spikers, and bladers, with 1 or 2 people also labled as support/debuff in charge of getting the apostle ready for max damage every blade.

Outside of that and into other content (Techs, Phantasm, Puri) it's usually discussed beforehand what "role" somebody will be playing,
    Crowd Contol, Debuff/Buff, DPS, Def/Prot Peeling, ect. Higher level content is not feasible without some kind of plan or playbook.

Phantasm is easy with a party that's aware of the mechanics and how to avoid them and even soloable for the people that are even considering this Death Trap of a content run.

*Did notice with another run through of the guide, that DPS role actually lacks dealing more damage and instead opts to increase time on 2 techs, and give a buff to lance charge which buffs races unequally (with elves getting nothing due to being unable to lance)