Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please merge Alexina and Nao Mk XII

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited July 4, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
The last time anything was mentioned, about this, was more than 30 days ago. So, I'm creating a new thread, as per site policy, because we wouldn't want the powers that be to think that this issue has gone away now would we.

Please merge Alexina and Nao.

Helsa0151 of Alexina
SebastianGrimreaper97CelticmossHaediChewbarka

Comments

• SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited July 5, 2021
    I made an alt character on Nao just to see what it was like. The moment I saw more than two shops by the Dunbarton moongate was the moment I knew they had it better than us. Might be a bit weird but it had me feeling some sort of way like when I first joined Mabi.

It was nice to see for a change. Pls Nexon
    Grimreaper97KakiPi
  • HelsaHelsa
    Sebastian wrote: »
    I made an alt character on Nao just to see what it was like. The moment I saw more than two shops by the Dunbarton moongate was the moment I knew they had it better than us. Might be a bit weird but it had me feeling some sort of way like when I first joined Mabi.

It was nice to see for a change. Pls Nexon

Yeah, it's noticeably different. And good for them; they suffered for a long time. Their suffering came to an end, so keep the faith.
    Grimreaper97
  • Grimreaper97Grimreaper97
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Agreed, being on Alexina right now is a slow death and it makes the game far less enjoyable. The Market is pretty much dead and no progress is being made anymore.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Yes, please merge so Helsa can stop posting these threads.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Yes, please merge so Helsa can stop posting these threads.

"Eeeeexcellent" says Helsa menacingly thrumming her fingers.
    Crimsọn
  • CelticmossCelticmoss
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    Absolutely agree. I went from Mari > Alexina > Nao because the population became depressingly lonely after the server merge. Yes, there are still a handful of active players but the majority is always AFK on Alexina. Unfortunately, the player base has really diminished on both servers as opposed of Mabinogi's prime so it shouldn't cause a ton of lag, I assume? Either way, please let us be united, Nexon. I miss my Alexina friends.
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Celticmoss wrote: »
    Absolutely agree. I went from Mari > Alexina > Nao because the population became depressingly lonely after the server merge. Yes, there are still a handful of active players but the majority is always AFK on Alexina. Unfortunately, the player base has really diminished on both servers as opposed of Mabinogi's prime so it shouldn't cause a ton of lag, I assume? Either way, please let us be united, Nexon. I miss my Alexina friends.

For me, it's the drop rate issues, a poorly made DPS gate, Pay2Win Reforges lol, Greedy Toxic contribution players, and HP sponges.
  • CelticmossCelticmoss
    edited July 29, 2021
    Unpayed wrote: »

For me, it's the drop rate issues, a poorly made DPS gate, Pay2Win Reforges lol, Greedy Toxic contribution players, and HP sponges.

Yeah, I agree. That is Nexon's fault for making it P2W. Alexina players don't deserve to be on a dead server though especially when they've put time and money into the game. Toxic players plague all MMORPGs but thankfully I haven't really encountered that on Nao... yet.

I still think merging is the best solution to keep the game going. I've seen it from closed beta to present and it probably can handle the current player base & newcomers. I played on a toaster of a laptop back in it's prime... I think their servers can withstand better now unless I'm super ignorant. xD
  • Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    [Sips Tea]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Honestly Nao is fine.
  • HelsaHelsa

Honestly Nao is fine.

It is, certainly by comparison. And good for you folks. Lord knows you guys suffered for a long long time. Mind you, right now, Alexina is feeling like Moses in being denied the Promised Land. :(
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    as usual, i dont mind the merge as long as we dont have to go through the whole username crapfest like last time lol
  • CelticmossCelticmoss

Honestly Nao is fine.

Nao is fine, yeah, but is Alexina? :( Mabinogi is nothing without it's community and Alexina barely has a population anymore from what I see. I know people who would come back if they merged the two again. I haven't seen a channel become "Full" for a long time. There used to be several "Busy" channels and now it's just one.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited August 21, 2021
    Sherri wrote: »
    as usual, i dont mind the merge as long as we dont have to go through the whole username crapfest like last time lol

That was a mess and was predicted by the fan-base long before the merge ever happened. It was probably the strongest argument used by the "don't merge" side of the discussion. Nexon, post merge, then implementing paid name change, on both servers, compounded the problem vis-a-vis future merges. This has already been discussed on these forums. Also, discussed on the forums is how Nexon can fix it so that it, not only, avoids what happened before but allows for even more services, which Nexon can sell. Of course it involves a lot of rolling-up-their-sleeves but Nexon is, at the heart of it, a software company. On the other hand Nexon has shown a clear tendency of leaving their homework to the last minute. If Nexon judges that Alexina has reached the conditions that compelled them to merge the other servers, and they haven't fixed the name problem, then they will likely just step on toes.
    Celticmoss
  • kunailbykunailby
    Mabinogi Rep: 110
    we defenetly need a merge. logged back into the game after several years... holy does it feel EMPTY on alexia now.
    Celticmoss
  • CrowxeCrowxe
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I keep logging on every few weeks / months. Started playing mabi back on EU server then went to Alexina and damn is it dead now. There are some people in dunby (mostly afk) and that's about it. I wish it was merged already.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crowxe wrote: »
    I keep logging on every few weeks / months. Started playing mabi back on EU server then went to Alexina and damn is it dead now. There are some people in dunby (mostly afk) and that's about it. I wish it was merged already.

I have two computers, so I play on both servers; my main is on Alexina. Since I'm not really committed to my Nao character, I don't mind selling all my event stuff. As such my Nao character has about six times as much gold in the bank as my Alexina one. I REALLY want a merge now so that my Alexina character can sell a dead bee to my Nao character! :)
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    Bumping this because it's still relevant and it hasn't been 30 days yet. I will wait as long as it takes but please do it.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Twelie wrote: »
    Bumping this because it's still relevant and it hasn't been 30 days yet. I will wait as long as it takes but please do it.

Kew, but if you'd missed it, I would have had no apprehension about creating Mk XIII.

Nexon, please devote resources to solving the name issue, as outlined in the forums, undertake a final merge, and be transparent about such initiatives as they are begun rather than just before implementation.

'Alexina' of Alexina
    Negumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Helsa wrote: »
    Twelie wrote: »

Kew, but if you'd missed it, I would have had no apprehension about creating Mk XIII.

Nexon, please devote resources to solving the name issue, as outlined in the forums, undertake a final merge, and be transparent about such initiatives as they are begun rather than just before implementation.

'Alexina' of Alexina

I would love it if Nexon could be more transparent about this kind of stuff with us. problem is it is all up to Nexon KR and that is likely why the NA team can't ever tell us much unless they have permission to do so. would be nice if Nexon KR could be a little more open about discussing things with the NA community but we are a small playerbase so they barely even remember we exist.
    nexon_being_transparent_xd_by_kittykira_destjwf-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzMyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZXN0andmLTBlMDhhNGM0LTMzNDYtNDkwMi05MjQ2LTZkMjQ2YzFiMzcwOC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.WqRjR6YrKGuenfJDkjw38aBZ_XXjbvavrBPq72jiz1s