Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Beauty Update Question

AltaiAltai
Mabinogi Rep: 700
in General Chat
So I know this was vaguely gone over in the livestream but there wasn't really an answer if the glitch would be fixed or if it's just going to be how it is. It was discussed that you can save only one hair color per hair style/coupon. So like, say you have a purple hair dye you want to save for altam hair, once that is saved you can't also save a different hair color/hair dye shade for the same hair. Basically can't save multiple hair colors for one hair style. Will this be fixed in the future? Does anyone know?

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Try the arrangement you most care about first. Then try your second favourite and then you'll know. Because, at the end of the day regardless of whether you can or can't, what else are you gonna do?
  • AltaiAltai
    I mean I knew that bit. I just don't want to glitch out my hair and or lose the hard to find hair dye haha. I have a hair style I like a lot but I want to have saved in different colors which is why I hope that this will be fixed someday. </3 Fashionogi struggles.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Did they mention in the livestream that this was a glitch? Are we sure it wasn't designed this way with nothing "to be fixed"?
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Stormbeast wrote: »
    Did they mention in the livestream that this was a glitch? Are we sure it wasn't designed this way with nothing "to be fixed"?

"It's a feature" ~ Tasket
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Whoa! Did you change your forum name? I seem to remember it as Platina(something but not Koki). On the other hand it could just be Mandela Effect brought on by drinking too much whisky over the years.
  • AltaiAltai
    Stormbeast wrote: »

Yeah I watched the live stream and Katherz said it was a glitch. I don't know if that was a mistake or not though to call it a glitch or if it is just supposed to be how it is currently.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Helsa wrote: »

Whoa! Did you change your forum name? I seem to remember it as Platina(something but not Koki). On the other hand it could just be Mandela Effect brought on by drinking too much whisky over the years.

It's always been that.
    Moderation is key here ((((((:

As for the thread question: don't have an answer. Been too busy this week, haven't even checked out the new updates that were made in game yet. T_T
  • HaediHaedi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Altai wrote: »
    So I know this was vaguely gone over in the livestream but there wasn't really an answer if the glitch would be fixed or if it's just going to be how it is. It was discussed that you can save only one hair color per hair style/coupon. So like, say you have a purple hair dye you want to save for altam hair, once that is saved you can't also save a different hair color/hair dye shade for the same hair. Basically can't save multiple hair colors for one hair style. Will this be fixed in the future? Does anyone know?

I would like this to be fixed too please. Please fix.

It's an inconvenience to not be able to overwrite the save for the new hair/eye color you want. Being able to overwrite and make another save for another color seems like a pretty simple feature that should've already been there.
  • HaediHaedi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    ^
    Never mind, you can overwrite it by deleting the appearance and saving the new one. My bad. I still want that fix the OP mentioned.
  • AltaiAltai
    ^Haha, so I saved a hair dye I had on the hair style coupon i'm always wearing, "Gladiator Hair"... Guess it broke now. SO I deleted the color I had previously saved since I was fully aware you could only save 1 hair color per hair style with the beauty slot system.. So I deleted it and then put on the new dye, saved it in a slot. Then after saved i switched back to the pon gray black I was wearing earlier (i just wanted to save the light blonde hair dye shade to a slot for later).. WELP Now i can't even hit "change" when I click on it so uh... Yeah I just sent in a ticket :') I can switch to my saved eyes just fine but not the new color I just saved.. Again I deleted the previous hair color I had saved, then saved a different hair color and now it won't let me change it to the color i saved. ;wfdoieigsakwl Leave it to me to break the new beauty system LOL. Hopefully they fix this because that hair dye is expensive... h a h a h a *crying in fashionogi*
  • YizaiYizai
    Mabinogi Rep: 505
    I don't know if im on the right mark with this but I had wondered about changing colors as well so I saved one hairstyle with a unique color, then saved another hairstyle, changed my haircolor to something else(i think like red or something) then it wouldnt let me change it back by choosing the saved color so instead i swapped to the other hair and then back and that fixed it my hair was the unique color again. idk if that helps but i was able to change colors that way without losing the saved unique one.
    Altai
  • AltaiAltai
    ^ Yeah I got my ticket just solved now. Basically what you said was what they told me. Here's what a GM said to do for me and I hope this helps anyone else having the same issue I had,
    " Beauty Slots currently don't differentiate between different colors of the same hairstyle; this is why you can't use your Beauty Slot to return the original color of your Gladiator Hair.

However, you can get around this issue by using the Appearance Change tab of the Dressing Room to change your hair to any free hairstyle. Once you've done so, you can use your Beauty Slot to restore your original hairstyle and color. "

^ Doing this solved my issue so I hope this helps anyone else who goes through this issue.