Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Barri Advanced Pink and Blue Gremlins Boss

jzpjzp
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Game Guides
Has anybody tried doing Barri Advanced recently? I'm a warrior and only level 1K but I have some good equipment that enables me to do good damage. For example, on G3 finale dungeon, I can do some 5-10K crits.
I was doing well on Barri advanced.. until I hit the boss room. All of my attacks, even with Paladin, are only 1 damage to them! I'm purely close combat so I can't try any other approach. I had to quit the dungeon since I can't really do any damage at all.

What gives??? Are these fully immune to physical attacks? The wiki doesn't seem to say anything about it but it's just frustrating when you do a good run on the dungeon only to find out you cannot even make a tiny damage against the boss because all of them are only 1! My damage during this time was 281-436 btw.

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    That would be because they have Rank 2 and Rank 3 heavy stander.
    If you are soloing, you probably need a mix of other skills, regular close combat may not be sufficient to defeat them.
    I believe wiki recommends archers, magic and demigod against them.
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    The blue one can only be hurt with magic attacks
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Some of these monsters phase between colours. So, if you are a one-trick pony, then you have to hold out and be patient for a copacetic colour.
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Helsa wrote: »
    Some of these monsters phase between colours. So, if you are a one-trick pony, then you have to hold out and be patient for a copacetic colour.

These ones don't, you need to be able to vary your damage types or run in a party. Most of the older dungeons were built with parties in mind particularly in higher difficulties. Though now it's incredibly easy to be a party all by yourself.
  • SyruneStarlightSyruneStarlight
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    You need to vary your damage types, one of those Gremlins can't be hurt by Physical attacks, you'd need Ranged or Magic, while the other Gremlin can be hurt by Physical Attacks.

So to summarize, the Pink Gremlin you beat with Physical, the Blue with Magic/Ranged.