Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Elastic Bloom Box (Hair "Physics")

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited October 18, 2021 in Content from Other Regions
venTRYH.jpg
U7gDnPQ.gif
d1kGakv.gif

More like animated hair that activates during certain actions. This was something I honestly suggested over a decade ago with the limitations of the gaming engine in mind. But of course if I recall on forums 1.0...I got shot down by everyone. lol. This was actually what I was trying to convey to the community at the time. Oh well, the important thing is that it's here now (soon) and I hope they will continue to develop animated hair further. Just to be clear; this is not real hair physics. This is animated polygons programed to activate with certain actions such as idle, walking, and running.

Regardless, it is still pretty neat though. I love the ingenuity with such a limited system. I know they have dabbled with this before in the past, but it was just for idle animations and also it was very subtle. (In before we get ignorant comments about updating the engine. :smirk: )

View more stuff from this gacha by visiting this KR news page.

Also this is going to be a neat item. Maybe now I can finally have that giant LAKE on my homestead that I have always wanted instead of a dinky puddle excuse for a pond. Would be cool if this was fishable.

xc2csE6.gif

I'm gonna surround my house in a moat! :O
  1. Would you like to see more animated hair like this?5 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (5 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Not really a fan of the hairstyles they demonstrate here, though it does make me hopeful for more available in the future.

That fall train station for your homestead is interesting.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 19, 2021
    Policroma wrote: »
    Not really a fan of the hairstyles they demonstrate here, though it does make me hopeful for more available in the future.

That fall train station for your homestead is interesting.

IgKUm9U.jpg

Yeah it's got some interesting aesthetics
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    doesnt really look like anything special so abit pointless.t The graphics update for mabi is the most important anyways
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Demoncat wrote: »
    doesnt really look like anything special so abit pointless.t The graphics update for mabi is the most important anyways

I agree with that, hopefully it will catch more new player attention. I am actually surprised by the number of new players (Nao) is getting. :D
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Demoncat wrote: »

I agree with that, hopefully it will catch more new player attention. I am actually surprised by the number of new players (Nao) is getting. :D
    is that a good thing or bad?