Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Midnight Loot-o'-Lantern

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
in Vault
This Halloween, Bleiddian and Binne bring their unique style, in collaboration with Eluned, to all Milletians of Erinn. Only items handpicked by the collaborators were chosen for this year's exclusive Loot-o'-Lantern, increasing the rates of obtaining high-tier styles. Check out the details on the webpost.

Sale Dates: Thursday, October 21st, After Maintenance - Thursday, November 18th, Before Maintenance

211015-mbw-2656-halloweengachapon-940x290.jpg

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited October 20, 2021
    why is it 25k NX for a stack of 11 instead of 15k NX like it has been in the past? I am just curious if this price change is just a error or something new.
    Katherz wrote: »
    Only items handpicked by the collaborators were chosen for this year's exclusive Loot-o'-Lantern, increasing the rates of obtaining high-tier styles.

I compared the rates to some of our previous gacha and the rates do actually look a little better compared to a average gacha. so the price being raised means our rates will actually be good? cause I am perfectly fine with this idea if our rates are actually better and not crappy like they are a lot. either way I intend to give this gacha shot. also why are we not getting a option to buy a stack of 45 this time like with most gacha?

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Negumiko wrote: »
    why is it 25k NX for a stack of 11 instead of 15k NX like it has been in the past? I am just curious if this price change is just a error or something new.
    Only items handpicked by the collaborators were chosen for this year's exclusive Loot-o'-Lantern, increasing the rates of obtaining high-tier styles.

I compared the rates to some of our previous gacha and the rates do actually look a little better compared to a average gacha. so the price being raised means our rates will actually be good? cause I am perfectly fine with this idea if our rates are actually better and not crappy like they are a lot. either way I intend to give this gacha shot. also why are we not getting a option to buy a stack of 45 this time like with most gacha?

As far as I remember, the lanterns have always been like this, no?
  • NegumikoNegumiko

no, last year was not like this at all. they were 15k NX for 11 lanterns and we could get 45 lanterns for 57k NX.

2020 Loot-o'-Lantern:
    det5rn0-48b06fe1-2991-45a7-9c6f-ca3ea260e413.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGV0NXJuMC00OGIwNmZlMS0yOTkxLTQ1YTctOWM2Zi1jYTNlYTI2MGU0MTMucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.A7wEMLKbrAkt6HhmHsnJmj-dr8oGCNUMSSDf2WTchHs
    https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/62458/magical-halloween-loot-o-lantern
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited October 21, 2021
    Sorry, felt like posting.

This year's Halloween gachapon is pretty disappointing. I usually look forward to buying these every year not just because they're fun to use at opportune times, but because they're usually one of the most generous gachapons released the entire year.

First off: (The price) The price is just bad. There have been odd times in the distant-distant past where urn gachapons used to be at a higher price, but the loot-o-lantern has been effectively 1'500nx since 2014. Because of Taxes, and currency conversion rates which are almost never updated, a pack of 11 Loot-o-Lanterns this year will creep upwards to about $40.00 for countries like Canada, and perhaps Australia. It's just not affordable given that the primary prizes are given out so seldomly.

Second: (The choice of prizes for this loot-o-lantern) The second point is about the prizes themselves. Usually after a gachapon that rewards Beauty Coupons is a gachapon that emphasizes on Eluned outfits. However this year the prizes are found in one of the year's most anticipated gachapons. The prizes themselves are no-where near resembling the overall theme of the gachapon. The Detective Outfits, althought are part of the holiday event, are just very boring, and look like outfits that were already released previously. The Eluned outfits are also bland, unrelated items that frankly do not belong in this specific gachapon.

mabinogi-midnight-loot-eluned-special-outfits-m.png
    mabinogi-midnight-loot-eluned-special-outfits-f.png

The outfits themselves look as if they're the last vestiges of Director Park's obsession with skimpy little boy clothes in gachapons. There have been too many gachapons where it's been nothing but school clothing, overuse of skimpy little boy shorts, and just bland clothing in general.

Other than the weapon camos which are the only redeeming factor of this gachapon, everything else in the prize pool is re-used, dyes, or cheap materials that shouldn't be worth pulling from a more-expensive than usual gachapon.

I know in the discord Katherz repeatedly stated this is an "experiment", but there has to be more foresight in releasing sales that are this lackluster. I would have hoped that with as much contact mabi's team has with its playerbase that we would be understood more. That's what separates us from Maplestory's playerbase where they're just treated as numbers.
    DemoncatFawayK
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    edited October 21, 2021
    Why arent we getting the witch outfit yet =.= and instead get this revolting mess of a gacha with a "new" mediocre outfit
    Froglord
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    edited October 21, 2021
    Froglord wrote: »

This year's Halloween gachapon is pretty disappointing. I usually look forward to buying these every year not just because they're fun to use at opportune times, but because they're usually one of the most generous gachapons released the entire year.

First off: (The price) The price is just bad. There have been odd times in the distant-distant past where urn gachapons used to be at a higher price, but the loot-o-lantern has been effectively 1'500nx since 2014. Because of Taxes, and currency conversion rates which are almost never updated, a pack of 11 Loot-o-Lanterns this year will creep upwards to about $40.00 for countries like Canada, and perhaps Australia. It's just not affordable given that the primary prizes are given out so seldomly.

Second: (The choice of prizes for this loot-o-lantern) The second point is about the prizes themselves. Usually after a gachapon that rewards Beauty Coupons is a gachapon that emphasizes on Eluned outfits. However this year the prizes are found in one of the year's most anticipated gachapons. The prizes themselves are no-where near resembling the overall theme of the gachapon. The Detective Outfits, althought are part of the holiday event, are just very boring, and look like outfits that were already released previously. The Eluned outfits are also bland, unrelated items that frankly do not belong in this specific gachapon.

The outfits themselves look as if they're the last vestiges of Director Park's obsession with skimpy little boy clothes in gachapons. There have been too many gachapons where it's been nothing but school clothing, overuse of skimpy little boy shorts, and just bland clothing in general.

Other than the weapon camos which are the only redeeming factor of this gachapon, everything else in the prize pool is re-used, dyes, or cheap materials that shouldn't be worth pulling from a more-expensive than usual gachapon.

I know in the discord Katherz repeatedly stated this is an "experiment", but there has to be more foresight in releasing sales that are this lackluster. I would have hoped that with as much contact mabi's team has with its playerbase that we would be understood more. That's what separates us from Maplestory's playerbase where they're just treated as numbers.

Thank you honey

Tho i dont really mind the femboy outfits. I mean cross dressing and cosplay is a thing
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    Demoncat wrote: »
    Froglord wrote: »

Thank you honey

Tho i dont really mind the femboy outfits. I mean cross dressing and cosplay is a thing

I don't mind it either, all considering.

It's just that they chose really odd pieces for a halloween gacha, boring ones at that.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited October 21, 2021
    I very truly hope that nexon doesn't see the sales of this tank and think "oh, people won't pay this price for better rates- let's never do this again!". The reason people will not buy this is because it does not match the Halloween theme, does not bring back iconic outfits, and adds random eluned things. Most importantly- It doesn't have spooky eerie or creepy haunteds!

I really don't want this gacha to be used as justification to keep things as they are. Pity systems are always appreciated, better rates are always appreciated. I wouldn't mind paying more for better rates- I just want the items to be actually desirable.
    FawayK
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited October 21, 2021

no, last year was not like this at all. they were 15k NX for 11 lanterns and we could get 45 lanterns for 57k NX.

2020 Loot-o'-Lantern:
    det5rn0-48b06fe1-2991-45a7-9c6f-ca3ea260e413.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGV0NXJuMC00OGIwNmZlMS0yOTkxLTQ1YTctOWM2Zi1jYTNlYTI2MGU0MTMucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.A7wEMLKbrAkt6HhmHsnJmj-dr8oGCNUMSSDf2WTchHs
    https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/62458/magical-halloween-loot-o-lantern

Ah. I guess the "rate-up" of this one made them think charging more was acceptable.

Which it isn't.
    Twelie wrote: »
    I very truly hope that nexon doesn't see the sales of this tank and think "oh, people won't pay this price for better rates- let's never do this again!". The reason people will not buy this is because it does not match the Halloween theme, does not bring back iconic outfits, and adds random eluned things. Most importantly- It doesn't have spooky eerie or creepy haunteds!

I really don't want this gacha to be used as justification to keep things as they are. Pity systems are always appreciated, better rates are always appreciated. I wouldn't mind paying more for better rates- I just want the items to be actually desirable.

"Better rates" would be increasing drop rates to above 1%. Sure, the rates are technically doubled at .32%, but double of abysmal is still abysmal.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    so some people are saying the outfits and items do not really fit the Halloween theme. well if it makes you feel any better this is exactly what mabi KR got last year. I agree most of the items (except for the homestead items) don't really fit the Halloween theme but none of this is the NA team's fault, blame Nexon KR. there is no way of knowing if Nexon KR made this gacha more expensive when it was released over there as well or not but either way I am not happy about. short answer is no this gacha is not worth your money. you can check out the KR version of this gacha here: https://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4888477
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    No capes or haunted, even more not worth it. Big fail.
  • ShinkiShinki
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    Holy cow look at that ridiculous increase in price.
    This is obviously Nexon testing the water to see with how much they can get away with, and I hope it backfired horribly
    Then again, I've kinda lost any hope on Mabi players in the last few years.
    FawayK
  • SatsukoSatsuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    I really just want them Binne eyes tbh

(though I would prefer not in the form of a nigh-unattainable coupon, but...)