Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead Update

KagenokamiKagenokami
Mabinogi Rep: 905
in Feedback and Suggestions
I would like to see the homestead receive another update and revamp, including the following:

-Remove or lower the lease for the mansion. This is our homestead and we BUILT the house. Why are we having to pay to lease something we built on our own land?!
-Certain decorative items like Bamboo and Shrine Gates should have an option for building them without their typical passive ability so that players can decorate their homesteads without sending their upkeep costs sky high.
-Decorative items such as Bamboo, Bushes and Trees should be a 1x1 block. Not 3x3, to allow players to conserve and make use of the space allotted to a higher degree.
-Bamboo fences need to lose the blank tile. It is next to impossible to make a solid wall with bamboo fencing because of the extra placement tile tacked needlessly onto it.
-Gives us the option to change the wastelands that surround the homestead. They are unsightly and boring, and typically clash with whatever theme the player has gone with for their homestead.
-Add Magic Crafting and Engineering items for the homestead so all life skills can be done from the comfort of home.
-Increase prop limit and room allowance within mansions. It's been ages since this function was released and we've had new life talents since then, this desperately needs an update to keep up with changes.
-Create an item (like a shelf) to contain figures so that they can provide their buffs without having to be hidden or worked into a theme. When a player gets a considerable number of these little guys it becomes a problem trying to place them without having them clash with the rest of the homestead. We want the buffs, but they don't always look good strewn about!
-Provide information and/or a visual indication of how much range a passive item has. For example: Bamboo says it slightly increases the amount of nearby mana herbs gathered. But it does not say what it's range is or how effective. That knowledge is incredibly important for assisting with layout decisions. Furthermore, if the range is only directly around it...INCREASE THE RANGE. When using the homestead for lifeskills that are troublesome to upgrade, like herbalism, efficiency of space is important!
-Add more passive items to assist with other life skill related homestead items.
-Add an option to upgrade homestead placements. For Example: Upgrading herb gathering placements to allow more gathers for day, a slow recharge of gathers, or likelihood of giving bonus gathers. Or permit passive items, like Bamboo, to be upgraded to further increase the amount of gathers etc from the placements they affect.
-Add gather placements for White Herbs, Poison Herbs, Shyllien and Hillwen Ore.
-Permit Golden Mushroom placements to be gathered multiple times and/or any day of the week. Limiting them to Wednesday like the usual spawns, especially with how expensive they are to make, is just ridiculous at this point.
-Create a lifeskill storage shed for homesteads only where you can, for a steep price to build, place lifeskill-related items which can be accessed from any crafting bench/item as though the items were in your inventory (so long as you're in your homestead).
-Allow stacking of figure buffs. They are hard enough to get, why continue limiting them?
-Create more lifeskill-enhancing figures. For Example: Figures that raise gathering speed and/or success rate or enhance production quality/success-rate.

I know it's a lot but Homesteads feel like a piece of the past that have been allowed to fall to the wayside and it's a serious shame. I'm sure I'm not the only player would wishes that it was more useful for the amount of effort and/or money that gets poured into upgrading and furnishing them.
  1. Do you agree that Homesteads need a new update and revamp?4 votes
    1. Yes
       75% (3 votes)
    2. No
       25% (1 vote)

Comments

• StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    edited October 27, 2021
    You obviously put a lot of time into this so I would like to tackle a couple of the issues you brought up. Note: I don't disagree with everything, but saying homestead are falling to the wayside is a massive overstatement considering every other event it seems has Homestead items and homestead just got a revamp, and more space available.
    Kagenokami wrote: »
    -Decorative items such as Bamboo, Bushes and Trees should be a 1x1 block. Not 3x3, to allow players to conserve and make use of the space allotted to a higher degree.
    -Provide information and/or a visual indication of how much range a passive item has. For example: Bamboo says it slightly increases the amount of nearby mana herbs gathered. But it does not say what it's range is or how effective. That knowledge is incredibly important for assisting with layout decisions. Furthermore, if the range is only directly around it...INCREASE THE RANGE. When using the homestead for lifeskills that are troublesome to upgrade, like herbalism, efficiency of space is important!

Bamboo and Trees hit every square around the 3x3, allowing you to have 8 herb patches around each one that receive the benefit. Making the items smaller would make the buff less beneficial, and increasing the range after that would put it back to where we started.
    Lots of players have herb farms on their homesteads set up in this fashion.

Bushes being 1x1 would essentially be a flower that gives better pon.

-Add Magic Crafting and Engineering items for the homestead so all life skills can be done from the comfort of home.
    -Increase prop limit and room allowance within mansions. It's been ages since this function was released and we've had new life talents since then, this desperately needs an update to keep up with changes.

There is homestead items for gathering Hillwen Ore and an Engineering Workbench. Assumedly a Shyllien spot and Magic Craft cauldron will be following in a little while. The herbs you mentioned are really specific and not the most useful, however Mandrake patches are supposed to be coming soon.
    -Add more passive items to assist with other life skill related homestead items.

Guessing the housing workbenches aren't enough? Although it would be nice if they could add a Pet Trainer workbench

-Permit Golden Mushroom placements to be gathered multiple times and/or any day of the week. Limiting them to Wednesday like the usual spawns, especially with how expensive they are to make, is just ridiculous at this point.

Golden Mushrooms are rare, that's part of what makes them valuable. Having channel hopped to fight for golden mushrooms in dugald isle on multiple Wednesdays, being able to have my own personal stash that only I have access to every week is much easier. I personally don't think that this needs to be changed.
    -Allow stacking of figure buffs. They are hard enough to get, why continue limiting them?
    -Create more lifeskill-enhancing figures. For Example: Figures that raise gathering speed and/or success rate or enhance production quality/success-rate.

Figures have become increasingly common, so allowing stacking buffs would lead to further increasing power creep by large margins (especially if the same figure counts). Imagine having 10 copies of the same figure that increases max dmg %. Instead of it being decorations with a set 1% increase, it suddenly has you at a 10.5% increase.

I'm not against the lifeskill figures, but those could easily become broken allowing stacking of those as well.

The current system of figures may not be the greatest, but it does allow players to maximize their space by only keeping the most effective figures.

I didn't touch on all of your points, because again I don't disagree with everything that could be done to improve Homesteads.
    Kagenokami
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    Stormbeast wrote: »
    You obviously put a lot of time into this so I would like to tackle a couple of the issues you brought up. Note: I don't disagree with everything, but saying homestead are falling to the wayside is a massive overstatement considering every other event it seems has Homestead items and homestead just got a revamp, and more space available.

Bamboo and Trees hit every square around the 3x3, allowing you to have 8 herb patches around each one that receive the benefit. Making the items smaller would make the buff less beneficial, and increasing the range after that would put it back to where we started.
    Lots of players have herb farms on their homesteads set up in this fashion.

Bushes being 1x1 would essentially be a flower that gives better pon.

There is homestead items for gathering Hillwen Ore and an Engineering Workbench. Assumedly a Shyllien spot and Magic Craft cauldron will be following in a little while. The herbs you mentioned are really specific and not the most useful, however Mandrake patches are supposed to be coming soon.

Guessing the housing workbenches aren't enough? Although it would be nice if they could add a Pet Trainer workbench

Golden Mushrooms are rare, that's part of what makes them valuable. Having channel hopped to fight for golden mushrooms in dugald isle on multiple Wednesdays, being able to have my own personal stash that only I have access to every week is much easier. I personally don't think that this needs to be changed.

Figures have become increasingly common, so allowing stacking buffs would lead to further increasing power creep by large margins (especially if the same figure counts). Imagine having 10 copies of the same figure that increases max dmg %. Instead of it being decorations with a set 1% increase, it suddenly has you at a 10.5% increase.

I'm not against the lifeskill figures, but those could easily become broken allowing stacking of those as well.

The current system of figures may not be the greatest, but it does allow players to maximize their space by only keeping the most effective figures.

I didn't touch on all of your points, because again I don't disagree with everything that could be done to improve Homesteads.

Fair! Not everything is meant to be added, just some thoughts to consider. The bonuses seem pretty small in my opinion and I've only seen figures as the top tier rewards of some rare events so far so it hasn't seemed too common to be an issue. ^.^ Appreciate the feedback of course~