Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Milletian Detective's Journal

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited October 12, 2021 in Vault
It is time to celebrate Halloween! The Candy Factory has some new Halloween Candy and they want you to promote it. What? Why are people now sick? Who are these detectives asking questions? What exactly happened that night?! Check out the details on the webpost.

Event Dates: Thursday, October 14th, After Maintenance - Thursday, November 4th, Before Maintenance

211011_halloweenevent2021_newsarticleheader_940x290.jpg
NegumikoYizaiAltai

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    This event looks amazing, I have been looking forward to it since I read about it on the Korean website last year.
    Yizai
  • YizaiYizai
    Mabinogi Rep: 505
    Halloween is one of my favorites so I'm actually super happy for this, so much in fact I felt like leaving a comment.
  • ToucandyToucandy
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    This event is really fun so far!
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    meh not really the event was so so but nothing special but the activities we will get on the second week will be fun. however i think Brielles event was the best
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited October 20, 2021
    It's great that we get another interesting story for Halloween. The Meow likes it that there will be replayable activities later as well. The rewards are appealing and not hard to get, but apparently the exchangeable ones cannot all be obtained, so we have to choose wisely.
    The main drawbacks are multiple typos in the event dialogues and the idea of featuring an underworld in the event.
    Why there would be an underworld is still a mystery, because there's practically no need for such a thing. 'Cause nothing dies in Erinn. Unless it's some other world's underworld.
    As for the typos, The Meow hasn't registered them all unfortunately, but he strongly suggests the relevant staff to review all the dialogues when they have the time. Pretty please?
    Happy Halloween to everyone! =0w0=
    P. S. There's also a small misprint in the event page's text. Oynx. What a funny sound.
    RSnz-OxMusI.jpg?size=1127x867&quality=95&sign=c78fa95636cb584acc436eafe4748d5d&type=album
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Musicat wrote: »
    It's great that we get another interesting story for Halloween. The Meow likes it that there will be replayable activities later as well. The rewards are appealing and not hard to get, but apparently the exchangeable ones cannot all be obtained, so we have to choose wisely.
    The main drawbacks are multiple typos in the event dialogues and the idea of featuring an underworld in the event.
    Why there would be an underworld is still a mystery, because there's practically no need for such a thing. 'Cause nothing dies in Erinn. Unless it's some other world's underworld.
    As for the typos, The Meow hasn't registered them all unfortunately, but he strongly suggests the relevant staff to review all the dialogues when they have the time. Pretty please?
    Happy Halloween to everyone! =0w0=
    P. S. There's also a small misprint in the event page's text. Oynx. What a funny sound.
    RSnz-OxMusI.jpg?size=1127x867&quality=95&sign=c78fa95636cb584acc436eafe4748d5d&type=album

I don't see any "Oynx" :)
  • MusicatMusicat
    Katherz wrote: »
    I don't see any "Oynx" :)
    The Meow can only assume it's either some spirit's joke or the last reward line in the screenshot.
    Katherz
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited October 23, 2021
    Who remembers the music that plays in the event maze? The Meow thinks he's heard it somewhere before.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited October 29, 2021
    The new tile challenge seems to have an issue with the character's hitbox or positioning - or both. The Meow was sent to start numerous times upon stepping on a safe tile, even the first one. And the frequency of that occasion significantly increased every time the spirit's progress reached 80%. The Meow has distinguished three possible causes: a) a bug, b) an intended feature that's supposed to bring more Halloween fun, c) Meow's natural connection delays. So, which one is it?
  • SaphryuSaphryu
    Mabinogi Rep: 305
    Mabinogi has had displacement issues since day one. Even when I'm being very careful I get sent back half the time. If the the tiles were, say, 4 times bigger it might be fun. Maybe even keep the correct tiles you've walked across lit up. For now, though, I'm just going to afk for 5 minutes. Not really worth the effort, imo.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Saphryu wrote: »
    Mabinogi has had displacement issues since day one. Even when I'm being very careful I get sent back half the time. If the the tiles were, say, 4 times bigger it might be fun. Maybe even keep the correct tiles you've walked across lit up. For now, though, I'm just going to afk for 5 minutes. Not really worth the effort, imo.

I take a pic via Steam when the panels flash, and just try to match.

If the game is gonna futz up, then all (legal) options are valid.