Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Time Travel

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Feedback and Suggestions
This is gonna be a bit complicated but could form the basis of an entire G. First, revert G2 and G3 back to how they were except that Irians can participate and become first Paladins then Dark Knights.

Create a "time travel" mechanic, where the player goes back in time in Iria to get animal transformations. This new map can be the old Iria before the war ended with the old Vales and old Filia, ornery guards and all. This would handle G5(elves) and G6(giants) but you could add a new quest-line based in Cor for a human animal transformation.

Allow these transformations to stack, so say Beast Paladin and Falcon Dark knight, and so on.

You can add a further quest-line, in the past, that lets you switch from Dark knight back to Paladin, and then reactivates G3, allowing you to go round and round.

The time travel mechanic could be used for future G's to introduce other mechanics into the game as well. The maps in the past should remain accessible.

Helsa0151 of Alexina
NegumikoKakiPiKensamaofmari

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I have always wanted some sort of Shadow Alter in the Muyu Desert that lets you travel back in time and see what was there before it became a desert. that place is literally as big as Tara or bigger. if they gave it a short story about the city that used to be there and a Shadow Alter to replay some of the missions after we finish the story it could be a big hit. we need real new shadow missions that actually take place in areas we have never seen before and all new enemies.
    Helsa wrote: »
    You can add a further quest-line, in the past, that lets you switch from Dark knight back to Paladin, and then reactivates G3, allowing you to go round and round.

I love the option of being able to switch back and fourth between the two transformations as long as the quest to do it is challenging and takes a while so people won't just be able to switch every day in 5 minutes. we should have to put in at least a solid 2 or 3 hours into the quest and the quest should have a restriction like you can only get it once a week. overall though I think it would help a lot if they just added a way to use any previous transformation form we have already unlocked as it would make transformations look a lot more unique visually. also becoming a dark knight is not directly part of G3, it is a separate questline that only unlocks for humans after finishing G2 and G3 so to become a dark knight again they would only need to resend that small dark knight questline after G3.

KakiPiKagenokami
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited October 22, 2021
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I have always wanted some sort of Shadow Alter in the Muyu Desert that lets you travel back in time and see what was there before it became a desert. that place is literally as big as Tara or bigger. if they gave it a short story about the city that used to be there and a Shadow Alter to replay some of the missions after we finish the story it could be a big hit. we need real new shadow missions that actually take place in areas we have never seen before and all new enemies.

I love the option of being able to switch back and fourth between the two transformations as long as the quest to do it is challenging and takes a while so people won't just be able to switch every day in 5 minutes. we should have to put in at least a solid 2 or 3 hours into the quest and the quest should have a restriction like you can only get it once a week. overall though I think it would help a lot if they just added a way to use any previous transformation form we have already unlocked as it would make transformations look a lot more unique visually. also becoming a dark knight is not directly part of G3, it is a separate questline that only unlocks for humans after finishing G2 and G3 so to become a dark knight again they would only need to resend that small dark knight questline after G3.

As long as people can get the end result, even if it's a quest line that takes time, I think it'll fly. Depending on how long it takes, giving the quest a "cool down" may not be necessary.
    KakiPi
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    I dunno about all of it. I would like to be able to get an animal transform as a human, but mainly the part that I love from this would be the option to swap back and forth between Dark Knight and White Knight. The system as it stands...beyond not making much sense since, in essence, both are simply a set of armor, is almost hostile to players who don't look up the information involved. You can't really get a feel for Dark Knight to see if it matches what you would like to play without locking yourself into that decision. An option to swap between the two certainly would not be amiss, though it should certainly be something that can only happen daily or weekly.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Kagenokami wrote: »
    I dunno about all of it. I would like to be able to get an animal transform as a human, but mainly the part that I love from this would be the option to swap back and forth between Dark Knight and White Knight. The system as it stands...beyond not making much sense since, in essence, both are simply a set of armor, is almost hostile to players who don't look up the information involved. You can't really get a feel for Dark Knight to see if it matches what you would like to play without locking yourself into that decision. An option to swap between the two certainly would not be amiss, though it should certainly be something that can only happen daily or weekly.

The whole point the change being one-way is that becoming a Dark Knight means forsaking the light out of anger and vengefulness or for the sake power, so making it something you can just swap freely kinda ruins the meaning a bit. Switching back once out of regret (ala Cecil), or finding a way to balance the two and proving your mastery over the full spectrum of your emotions and passions (ala Riku) might work better though.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    This has got some Zelda vibes to it.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    This has got some Zelda vibes to it.

Zelda?

GTY_robin_zelda_williams_kab_140923_12x5_992-550x230.jpg
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    nomigid15 wrote: »

The whole point the change being one-way is that becoming a Dark Knight means forsaking the light out of anger and vengefulness or for the sake power, so making it something you can just swap freely kinda ruins the meaning a bit. Switching back once out of regret (ala Cecil), or finding a way to balance the two and proving your mastery over the full spectrum of your emotions and passions (ala Riku) might work better though.

I'm aware of what it is in the story. But the fact remains that you don't really get much in the way of being able to figure out whether you like one or the other without being locked in. And yes, a way to balance both would be FANTASTIC. But until then, a method for swapping back and forth, even if it requires a major cooldown, would be a major step in the right direction.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The only way I see time travelling working is if they put it into shadow realm RP like missions.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited November 3, 2021
    I'm aware of what it is in the story. But the fact remains that you don't really get much in the way of being able to figure out whether you like one or the other without being locked in. And yes, a way to balance both would be FANTASTIC. But until then, a method for swapping back and forth, even if it requires a major cooldown, would be a major step in the right direction.

Mhm, that's actually the same argument I've used for allowing free race change at rebirth (like with gender). It's basically impossible to make all the races equal to the last decimal place. Allowing free change between them makes it less of an issue, and so, I think, here as well with swapable knight transforms. I think nearly all the mechanics to enable it to happen are already in the game and that all that is need is a means to put the necessary button on your screen for a-pushin'.
    The only way I see time travelling working is if they put it into shadow realm RP like missions.

Not at all, mechanically it can just be another map like: Douk doku island, the moon, otherworld, etc.

Mhm, that's actually the same argument I've used for allowing free race change at rebirth (like with gender). It's basically impossible to make all the races equal to the last decimal place. Allowing free change between them makes it less of an issue, and so, I think, here as well with swapable knight transforms. I think nearly all the mechanics to enable it to happen are already in the game and that all that is need is a means to put the necessary button on your screen for a-pushin'.

Not at all, mechanically it can just be another map like: Douk doku island, the moon, otherworld, etc.

Yes, but you'd figure if they were willing to do new mapping, we would've already expanded west of Uladh already.
  • HelsaHelsa

Yes, but you'd figure if they were willing to do new mapping, we would've already expanded west of Uladh already.

That's rather specific; would a new map south of Port Ceann not be so? New maps have been added though. They're not big but still.

That's rather specific; would a new map south of Port Ceann not be so? New maps have been added though. They're not big but still.

So if the old maps are restored will they be on an island?
  • HelsaHelsa

They'll be wherever they are.

Metaverse
  • HelsaHelsa

Metaverse

Programming.