Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Autumn Night Camping

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited November 2, 2021 in Vault
The leaves have turned from green to beautiful shades of red, yellow, and orange and the night air is crisp with the smell of a burning campfire nearby. Grab your tents, Milletians— it is time to go camping! Check out the details on the webpost.

Event Dates: Thursday, November 4th, After Maintenance - Thursday, December 2nd, Before Maintenance

211101-mbw-2664-autumnnightcampingevent-940x290.jpg

Comments

• StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Very mixed feelings. Nice price pool (trade unlocks, enchant prots) but the IRL time lock on the event could make it less accessible to players who don't have hours on end to play the game. Hopefully everybody figures out what works for them.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    most of the outfits don't look very good. probably just going to buy some training seals during this event.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 4, 2021
    Wait, so this game expects me to afk at least 2 hours every day for completion of a weekly quest of helping Camping NPC 15 times? That's slightly inconvenient...

Just gonna do this until i will be able to get that Ribbon Headband and be done with this one. Making sure to help that NPC on top of every irl hour for 4 weeks, just too tedious for me...
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited November 4, 2021
    The prizes seem kinda meh to me. I mean:
    the floppy hat and
    mabinogi-autumn-camping-romantic-autumn-floppy-hat.png
    the ladies chic outfit
    mabinogi-autumn-camping-chic-autumn-wear-f.png
    are okay, but I'm not sure if they're enough for me to bother.
  • EssentionEssention
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    The fireworks kit is kind of lacking in instruction because I can't tell how to use them and when to use them... Then again, I've never used fireworks kits often outside of events.
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited November 5, 2021
    The Meow likes it that Blago Prairie gets a spotlight and some new trees, even if they only last during the event. The music there is pleasant and can be considered nostalgic by some people.
    The event's EXP bonuses are good, and special shop prices seem reasonable. There should be a couple more clothing pieces or furnishings in the event shop.
    The time restriction is rather unsettling and it's not clear whether one can receive helper tasks once per real-time hour or multiple times every real-time hour. The latter would be better, because it would sinificantly raise the possibility levels of the weekly quest's completion.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited November 5, 2021
    Essention wrote: »
    The fireworks kit is kind of lacking in instruction because I can't tell how to use them and when to use them... Then again, I've never used fireworks kits often outside of events.
    They're supposed to be used between (6 to 9) PM and 6:10 AM Erinn time. The Meow doesn't remember. The game writes that you may only set them off at night when you attempt to use a firework kit at a wrong time. It's really worth putting in their description. Then, upon using them, you spawn a text field window where you fill your message to appear in the sky along with the firework.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    I'll pass on the event.
    I can't mix it with my current schedule.
    I don't like my character getting fat.
    The outfits are not worth the effort.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited November 7, 2021
    There's a slight name deviation in the quest Making Bonds While Camping!, featuring the NPC called Milletian Enjoying the Campfire Mood, while the NPC's real name is Milletian Enjoying the Campfire Atmosphere. It's not much of a trouble, but worth being noticed.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited November 9, 2021
    Meow reporting. Today's helper task at (1 hour after the reset)AM featured food sharing and didn't progress at all. The Meow has tried sharing his handmade dishes, collected ingredients, bought dishes, and bought ingredients, with and without other people resting present. None of the options counted toward the quest. Logging off and back on, as well as changing the channel, didn't solve the issue.
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Musicat wrote: »
    Meow reporting. Today's helper task at (1 hour after the reset)AM featured food sharing and didn't progress at all. The Meow has tried sharing his handmade dishes, collected ingredients, bought dishes, and bought ingredients, with and without other people resting present. None of the options counted toward the quest. Logging off and back on, as well as changing the channel, didn't solve the issue.

Be sure you're sitting in some sort of chair. It can even be your own. Sitting on the ground will not work.
    Musicat
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300

Food sharing is buggy simply because it doesn't matter how many times you share, it only counts when other people say yes to your food. So if 5 people say yes to your first item, you're done. However if nobody has said yes by the time the quest expires, it's a fail. Even worse, just because other people are sitting around, doesn't mean that they are saying yes, or are even active.
    Musicat
  • MusicatMusicat
    @Stormbeast, right. The Meow just figured it out today that other people have to accept his food for it to count. That might be the case. Then it's not buggy but rather has weird fulfilment mechanics.
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Anyone know what boots are shown there? They're not shown in the shop. Any help would be appreciated.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Kisaraya wrote: »
    Anyone know what boots are shown there? They're not shown in the shop. Any help would be appreciated.

To me, they look like Chic Boots.
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Helsa wrote: »

Correct, I used Chic Boots but they are from an older event. Just thought it would match nicely with the image.
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Thanks. Wish they had been offered in the event shop or some sort of boots, but I'll take what I can get. Thanks for the information.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Katherz wrote: »

Correct, I used Chic Boots but they are from an older event. Just thought it would match nicely with the image.

Helsa squeals unabashedly with delight and collapses with abandon in giggles, like a school-girl on her birthday, at having guessed correctly!
    Thanks. Wish they had been offered in the event shop or some sort of boots, but I'll take what I can get. Thanks for the information.

Flamerider boots are similar but are smooth rather than having visible laces. I've got about a half-dozen pairs of them in different colours.
  • MusicatMusicat
    I've got about a half-dozen pairs of them in different colours.
    Who might have thought that Aunt Helsa was that much of a fashionable hoarder.
    Which once again proves that The Meow doesn't know her well enough.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I've got about a half-dozen pairs of them in different colours.
    Who might have thought that Aunt Helsa was that much of a fashionable hoarder.
    Which once again proves that The Meow doesn't know her well enough.

My Nao character is not my main, so I've not invested in their wardrobe. As for my main on Alexina, what can I say, girls like shoes komrad kat.
    Musicatrobertlan