Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Guild Revamp (We NEED Guilds to be worthwhile)

ChewbarkaChewbarka
Mabinogi Rep: 1,135
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hi there!
Long story short here, What makes MMO's worth playing? The social environments.
We have THOUSANDS of options for fantastic stories, challenging encounters, Competitive stuff, etc. out there, but what makes an MMO worth playing over any normal old RPG? The social aspect. The other players. All the tweaks and fixes in the world can't replace our desire to make friends and feel socially involved.

Guilds offer an amazing opportunity for players to meet likeminded players and get help and grow as a group, so why are Mabinogi's guilds so under featured? Other than a chat bar and a (ugly) robe, what do guilds in Mabinogi really offer?

So where can we go from here with guilds? Oh man, the possibilities are endless. We as a community could probly generate an endless number of suggestions on this, but the core value I feel will always be the same;
We need options to band together as a group and grow and progress our rag tag bands of players into something we can feel proud of.

Some options I would like personally?

*Guild castles/Homesteads/Islands/Cities/whatever.*
-Give us a customizable, growable home for our guilds that we can work together to create and expand.
-Material gathering/Mob Fighting/Quests to complete within these territories to expand it as a group feel SO WORTH IT

*Guild Territories expansion*
-Tir and Dunby battle system is a great start, but why not expand on that?

*Better Guild Robes/Gears*
-Let us show our guild created fashion with pride! No one wants to rock that ugly old robe we have now.

*More Guild Ranks*
-I know WAY too many guilds that exist just because people want the crown you can only get from Leader and Lt.
-Whats the motivation to help your guild when you can never climb higher than member?

I could probly keep going on this for ever, but I feel like this is enough to get the point across and get the conversations going.
Will this make a difference? Who knows.. One can only hope tho!
KagenokamiTatomiSherri
  1. Do you think Mabinogi's guild system revamp would be worthwhile?25 votes
    1. I do, yeah.
       52% (13 votes)
    2. Eh.. Not really..
       0% (0 votes)
    3. YES! PLEASE! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
       48% (12 votes)
    4. NO! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SUGGEST THIS?
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    What I'd like to see is a roman style coliseum (way bigger than the battle arenas), for guild battles to occur in, like the old guild battles where they fought each other. Find ways to make it fair, like say fixed team sizes, make it an elimination tournament (like jousting), and have it so an audience can come watch.
    ChewbarkaKensamaofmariElrisSherriNiought
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    Helsa wrote: »
    What I'd like to see is a roman style coliseum (way bigger than the battle arenas), for guild battles to occur in, like the old guild battles where they fought each other. Find ways to make it fair, like say fixed team sizes, make it an elimination tournament (like jousting), and have it so an audience can come watch.

I can dig it. That'd be awesome.
    Tatomi
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    Tatomi
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    Bump
    Tatomi
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Having a guild town expands further on previously suggested expansions within a guild.
    Instead of having to go to Tara Royal Castle, I think interested guilds can lease some land (like a homestead) and construct their guild and develop their land. Buildings, resources, etc.
    NegumikoChewbarkaSherri
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    let us place more guild stones in Iria. kind of weird how we can only place guild stones just outside Filia and Vales when there are big open fields everywhere in Iria for guild stones to go. maybe even add a few new guild stone appearance options so areas with a lot of guild stones stop looking like graveyards.
    Helsa wrote: »

the closest thing we to a roman style coliseum is the battle arena near Filia but yeah something like that would be cool.
    Having a guild town expands further on previously suggested expansions within a guild.
    Instead of having to go to Tara Royal Castle, I think interested guilds can lease some land (like a homestead) and construct their guild and develop their land. Buildings, resources, etc.

this is the perfect chance for Nexon to just completely redo the housing channel areas. with homestead housing most homes on the housing channel are completely abandoned. they could make the houses bigger and allow guilds to use them as personal guild halls that you edit.
    ChewbarkaKensamaofmariElrisSherri
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    Guild stone appearance changers would be seriously welcome. I didn't even think of that.
    KensamaofmariElrisTatomiSherri
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    Bumping to stay relevant. :')
    Tatomi
  • KyomikuKyomiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 965
    Isn't a guild revamp already on the Korean Roadmap... ?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Kyomiku wrote: »

Linky?
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka

I really hope you're right. Its so needed.
    Tatomi
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Chewbarka wrote: »

It better be decent. Otherwise we'd get more complaints.
    Chewbarka
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    Chewbarka wrote: »

It better be decent. Otherwise we'd get more complaints.

Complaining is Mabi's like #2 past time.
    Tatomi
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    Bringing this back from the dead. Lol
    Tatomi
  • DDSNDDSN
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    edited August 18, 2022
    Something similar to Guild Wars 2's Guild Hall system would be so awesome in Mabinogi, a huge homestead plot that you'd be able to customize with your guildmates to your hearts content, it'd be especially nice if you could have interior spaces too, like the leased Homestead home.

There definitely needs to be more incentive to being in a guild, being able to offer buffs similar to the Doki Doki Island Harmony Torch but customizable to the guilds specific needs, if it's a guild that does a lot of combat you can select combat related buffs, if its a music guild you can offer music buffs, the list can go on and on.

Edit:
    Honestly there's so much they could take from GW2 that'd add a lot more community to guilds besides being a glorified chatroom.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild

Vaults would be so nice, sharing resources by donating items or gold into a centralized bank would be really sweet, in GW2 you can see a log of who deposited/withdrew things so there wouldn't be any ambiguity if something nefarious happened like theft.
    Tatomi
  • TatomiTatomi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Couldn't agree more. There's so much untapped potential for guilds.
    DDSN
  • HelsaHelsa
    President Kennedy said: "Ask not what your guild can do for you, ask what you can do for your guild." I might be paraphrasing there, but anyway, the biggest problem with guilds is that most folks join them to "get" from them few join to "give". In one form or another this contributes to why the guilds that fail, fail. So, ideas that encourage altruism within guilds would make a big difference I think. Sure, one can say "but people can just decide to do so". Some do, most don't. If they can get help to do so, tha'd probably be good.
    DDSNChewbarkaSherri
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    This game is so old , I doubt they would impliment any changes. :/
    Chewbarka
  • ChewbarkaChewbarka
    This game is so old , I doubt they would impliment any changes. :/

I gotta hope you're wrong. Otherwise, I'll be sad. And I'd prefer not to be sad.
    DDSN
  • DDSNDDSN
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    With all the QoL added over the years I don't see why not, the main hurdle I think would probably be the connection with the web browser, maybe they can't rework that system but adding more things for guilds to do together would instill a lot more group cohesion, taking another example from Guild Wars 2, some guild activities or missions would be great, maybe a new repeatable daily achievement that rewards guild currency that you could use for things like reforge tools or experience fruits, make it worthwhile to participate with your fellow guild members, could vary day to day like "Participate in x Festia Games with Guildmates" or "Defeat x Enemies as a Guild", something that encourages a guild to participate in content.
    ChewbarkaSherri