Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Im seeing less and less on Alexina server

bablushousbablushous
Mabinogi Rep: 205
in General Chat
yes, you know where im going with this. plz let us be one big happy server

:C

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Back between the time when Nexon hinted at a server merge and it being formally announced, I had said the worst possible scenario would have been a partial merge. I wish I could be happy to gloat about it but my main is on Alexina.
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    This is cringe. Server merge did nothing but cause problems. Names were stolen, pet names still have that ugly +server tag, girg raids are still empty. It took 2 whole years for them to let us to block bugle spam.

Do you just miss seeing tons of people afk in Dunbarton? Tired of seeing short-sighted people ask for merges just so when the hype goes down, there'll only be 1 low population server so people can start asking if the game is dead. Think about the game and about others for once instead of your ego.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    The merge will not fix low population issue. This was just proven after last merge.
    Helsa
  • SilvariaSilvaria
    Mabinogi Rep: 340
    Greta wrote: »
    The merge will not fix low population issue. This was just proven after last merge.

used to play on alexina, now play on Nao.

Nao is more populated now than Alexina (which was the biggest server pre-merge, mind you) was in half a decade prior to me quitting in 2019. And not just afkers, *active* players. People actually doing things. People actually going on different channels.

• SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited December 5, 2021
    Cho wrote: »
    This is cringe. Server merge did nothing but cause problems. Names were stolen, pet names still have that ugly +server tag, girg raids are still empty. It took 2 whole years for them to let us to block bugle spam.

Do you just miss seeing tons of people afk in Dunbarton? Tired of seeing short-sighted people ask for merges just so when the hype goes down, there'll only be 1 low population server so people can start asking if the game is dead. Think about the game and about others for once instead of your ego.

You must be a Nao player lol
  • SpecialGirlSpecialGirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 680
    Silvaria wrote: »

Nao is more populated now than Alexina (which was the biggest server pre-merge, mind you) was in half a decade prior to me quitting in 2019. And not just afkers, *active* players. People actually doing things. People actually going on different channels.

As a Nao player who played on afk haven Mari Nao merge is the best thing to ever happen to me I actually see people doing things coming and going to dungeons shadow boards commerce ect even when not on channel 1
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Silvaria wrote: »

I wouldn't even mind starting over with a new character on Nao server if there was at least a way to transfer over pets, items, and some titles. There are some items and pets from anime events that would be impossible to get back. Playing on a populated server again would be nice but changing servers is not a easy choice for some players.

I agree, it wouldn't fix the overall population issue Mabinogi has. However it would finally stop Mabinogi players from being divided. When a new player joins they have to make a choice between Nao and Alexina and most probably choose Nao simply cause it looks more populated. If we only had one server there would only be one server option to choose from, all the player would be in one place and no server would suffer cause one server got chosen over the other one. Doing a full server merge would help player population improve a little but it would not fix the entire issue. Nexon should have just done a full server merge to begin with and we wouldn't even have players talking about this issue anymore.

Mabinogi is just old, our player population will likely never be as high as most popular mmos again. Being divided is what is hurting the game right now. Now Nexon has no idea how to solve this issue cause they know another server merge will make a lot of players unhappy cause of the name change issues. This problem wouldn't even exist if we just got a full server merge which is what most of the mabi community wanted in server merge threads before the merge happened.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

We're still way better off than you, facts.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Lord knows you guys earned it, after all those years in the woods. A merge may or may not be a miracle panacea but, overall, it will make things better.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 7, 2021
    Helsa wrote: »

Lord knows you guys earned it, after all those years in the woods. A merge may or may not be a miracle panacea but, overall, it will make things better.

I call that justice all the bullying, gloating, and other toxic antics. Years of them gloating about how they were the best server and for everyone to leave their servers and come join Alexina. Oh they had their fun. In due time they will be merged, but not right now. There is comeuppance to be served for those years.
  • HelsaHelsa

I call that justice all the bullying, gloating, and other toxic antics. Years of them gloating about how they were the best server and for everyone to leave their servers and come join Alexina. Oh they had their fun. In due time they will be merged, but not right now. There is comeuppance to be served for those years.

The present situation shows that most of the population of Alexina was folks that had migrated from the old three servers and that they have gone back. So, it stands to reason that most of the folks doing the gloating were the same folks you now call neighbours. That the same kind of talk still occurs here but in reverse, by stooping to the same level, removes any moral high-ground that some may feel that they have. As for calls inviting folks over to Alexina, these were made during a time when no one expected a merge to ever really happen. The situation now, for the remaining hold-outs on Alexina, such as myself, is that now we have seen that Nexon is willing to perform merges.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that if there are any bad-guys here, that it's not any players but Nexon. They launched the game with multiple "servers", thus dividing the community. This automatically creates a situation where one "server" will eventually take the lion's share of the population. In the absence of Alexina it probably would have been Mari. Be that as it may, they created Alexina, rather than just adding more channels to the three original servers. They called Alexina "new" for years. When Alexina ended up being the largest "server", they ignored calls for a merge for a decade; allowing the suffering "servers" to suffer for all that time. When the merge happened it was a partial merge; they did that. Even the community had predicted that a partial merge would be the worst case scenario yet that is what THEY did. The bad thing here was setting up and maintaining separate "servers". Nexon did that, not the community.
  • JayoJayo
    Mabinogi Rep: 425

Clearly, we must force a server merge by all physically moving to nao, so they have to merge.
    Nessu
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    The present situation shows that most of the population of Alexina was folks that had migrated from the old three servers and that they have gone back. So, it stands to reason that most of the folks doing the gloating were the same folks you now call neighbours. That the same kind of talk still occurs here but in reverse, by stooping to the same level, removes any moral high-ground that some may feel that they have.

Glad someone finally said it.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 8, 2021

The present situation shows that most of the population of Alexina was folks that had migrated from the old three servers and that they have gone back. So, it stands to reason that most of the folks doing the gloating were the same folks you now call neighbours. That the same kind of talk still occurs here but in reverse, by stooping to the same level, removes any moral high-ground that some may feel that they have. As for calls inviting folks over to Alexina, these were made during a time when no one expected a merge to ever really happen. The situation now, for the remaining hold-outs on Alexina, such as myself, is that now we have seen that Nexon is willing to perform merges.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that if there are any bad-guys here, that it's not any players but Nexon. They launched the game with multiple "servers", thus dividing the community. This automatically creates a situation where one "server" will eventually take the lion's share of the population. In the absence of Alexina it probably would have been Mari. Be that as it may, they created Alexina, rather than just adding more channels to the three original servers. They called Alexina "new" for years. When Alexina ended up being the largest "server", they ignored calls for a merge for a decade; allowing the suffering "servers" to suffer for all that time. When the merge happened it was a partial merge; they did that. Even the community had predicted that a partial merge would be the worst case scenario yet that is what THEY did. The bad thing here was setting up and maintaining separate "servers". Nexon did that, not the community.

Come join Nao. :trollface:
  • HelsaHelsa

Oh Crimsy, you silly, I came to your wedding just a few weeks ago; I play on both.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Oh Crimsy, you silly, I came to your wedding just a few weeks ago; I play on both.

What wedding? Watchu talking about Cylon?
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    The bad thing here was setting up and maintaining separate "servers". Nexon did that, not the community.

Servers are West Coast NA iirc
    Internet was not as fast as it is now, back then
    Servers had problems like rollbacks where you lost everything you gained in the past several hours
    People would maliciously try to crash the server by doing things like spamming text while riding a giant in the middle of Dunbarton
    You used to run the risk of DC'ing if too many people used Demigod in a crowd
    They had just released Iria and Prarie/Desert Dragon raids

They needed to spread the population. As well as the fact that having a stable connection is super important in this game, more so than in standard themepark MMOs. The merge idea is moronic. You could ask for server change tickets, or make a new character. It's like you just want people to suffer through the name-change bs again just so you can
    see people doing things coming and going to dungeons shadow boards commerce ect even when not on channel 1

not like you're actually going to talk to them since you're already bored of the people on your own server.
  • HelsaHelsa

What wedding? Watchu talking about Cylon?

Well, that was quick; my sympathies.
  • HelsaHelsa
    The bad thing here was setting up and maintaining separate "servers". Nexon did that, not the community.

Servers are West Coast NA iirc
    Internet was not as fast as it is now, back then
    Servers had problems like rollbacks where you lost everything you gained in the past several hours
    People would maliciously try to crash the server by doing things like spamming text while riding a giant in the middle of Dunbarton
    You used to run the risk of DC'ing if too many people used Demigod in a crowd
    They had just released Iria and Prarie/Desert Dragon raids

They needed to spread the population. As well as the fact that having a stable connection is super important in this game, more so than in standard themepark MMOs. The merge idea is moronic. You could ask for server change tickets, or make a new character. It's like you just want people to suffer through the name-change bs again just so you can

Nao, Alexina, Tarlach, Ruairi, Mari, old Nao, although labled as 'servers' were not and have never been physical single-box computers; this is a misconception many have had. Each of the channels is a proper server. So Nao has at least 10 and Alexina has at least 7. Nao and Alexina are really just particians of the Mabinogi Database clustered over, now, at least 17 servers. These particians are arbitray and have nothng to do with spreading out load.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    not like you're actually going to talk to them since you're already bored of the people on your own server.

Alexinian here, this isn't true. My guild tries to host raids, do content, etc- not enough people show up consistently to host it weekly- and that's even including other people, it's not like my guild is entirely closed up to people. There are certainly people on alexina who want to make friends but don't want to just stand around and socialize, they want to do late midgame/endgame content- and there just aren't enough strong/willing players for that.