Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Netherlands Trade Limitations Update

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited December 8, 2021 in Notices
Dear Dutch Milletians,

We've updated more details on the trade functionality changes that we announced in our Notice for Netherlands Players: Part 2. In order to comply with Netherlands regulations, the following in-game trade functions will be restricted for Dutch players:
  • Give and Receive items via 1:1 Exchange trade
  • Item dropping
  • Buy and Sell via the Auction House
  • Mailing messages with items attached
  • Personal shop sales or purchases (viewing other players' shops is still possible)
    • Even if you have a Personal Shop Bag, you cannot open a Personal Shop.
    • You can still buy the Merchant License from the Bank, but you cannot use it.
  • Housing shop purchases (viewing items is still possible)
  • Kiosk sales or purchases (viewing other players' Kiosks is still possible)
  • Items given in exchange for an Enchant Entrustment
  • Items acquired through pet battles
  • Entering Uladh/Iria Dungeons using Item Drops, or touching the statue
    • If you are in a party as a party member, you can enter the dungeon with other players when they enter.
    • You can enter a dungeon if you use a Unlimited Dungeon Pass.
  • Receiving Mail Delivery part-time jobs from the Tara Bank

The above limitations will be implemented during the December 9th, 2021 maintenance.

Thank you,

- The Mabinogi Team

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Holy cathú, these restrictions are ridiculous. How are they gonna do the solo G dungeon quests that require an item drop?
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    what the heck
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited December 8, 2021
    Welp, so long to all our Dutch friends whom aren't using VPN.

I suspect these restrictions were not stipulated specifically by the Dutch government but rather that Nexon's legal department has come up with them to anticipate and be proactive about any potential grounds for government litigation and intervention.
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    Man you guys are really just dropping the hammer on anyone playing from that region. Gonna give 'em a flip of the finger as you kick 'em out the door?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 9, 2021
    Nearly wrote: »
    Man you guys are really just dropping the hammer on anyone playing from that region. Gonna give 'em a flip of the finger as you kick 'em out the door?

Well as harsh as they are, they could of just blocked them entirely. At least they can still login. I'll refer you to this thread and then you might realize that the other outcome is way worse: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23230/please-let-ukrainians-play/p1

This just affirms that they don't want to block them out entirely (like they have done in the past). But they are being forced to comply within the parameters that Netherlands is demanding so they don't have to do that. I think some can appreciate still being able to login and chat with friends and guild at the very least.

But yeah, Netherlands just unlocked Mabinogi Hardmode Advanced.
    Fluorette
  • ManukaManuka
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    What netherlands law? seriously... i'd like to look this up, im from the netherlands this is outragious.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 9, 2021
    Manuka wrote: »
    What netherlands law? seriously... i'd like to look this up, im from the netherlands this is outragious.

Call it rigorous lawsuit prevention because of Netherlands anti gambling laws and regulations. And also lets just say NA just doesn't want to deal with it or come up with better solutions. There is also the age factor that any kind of gambling you have to be age 18 and over in the Netherlands, but since all ages play Mabinogi - call it a lazy blanket approach.

Before you start - they are not even going to attempt to verify your age with your foreign documents.

Just be thankful you can still login. They could of blocked you guys entirely.
  • ManukaManuka
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    This is outrageous, typical nexon way of doing things.

here are some goverment publications

https://zoek.officielebekendmakingen.nl/kst-24557-170.html
    https://zoek.officielebekendmakingen.nl/ah-tk-20192020-1005.html

they do make sense that they want to protect some children spending a fortune on loot boxes, but now it seems all mmo rpg's are unplayable for all ages because of this new dutch law. they need to do something about this, this is impossibly unfair
  • arlie1987arlie1987
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Call it rigorous lawsuit prevention because of Netherlands anti gambling laws and regulations. And also lets just say NA just doesn't want to deal with it or come up with better solutions. There is also the age factor that any kind of gambling you have to be age 18 and over in the Netherlands, but since all ages play Mabinogi - call it a lazy blanket approach.

Before you start - they are not even going to attempt to verify your age with your foreign documents.

Just be thankful you can still login. They could of blocked you guys entirely.

What do u fukking mean, whit block us entirely, this is fukking ridicules. what they say its not true. i have played mabi the European version and we could do everything on it. its that they where not updating it anymore and there where alot of hackers suddenly, thats why we where aloud in NA server and i have been playing for a long time. and tis is not fukking fun whit al those fukking restrictions. here in netherland every one can just camble so i think what they say is a fukking lei. whay wil u do if u live here in NL. noo u dont care about us.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 9, 2021
    This is outrageous, typical nexon way of doing things.

here are some government publications

https://zoek.officielebekendmakingen.nl/kst-24557-170.html
    https://zoek.officielebekendmakingen.nl/ah-tk-20192020-1005.html

they do make sense that they want to protect some children spending a fortune on loot boxes, but now it seems all mmo rpg's are unplayable for all ages because of this new dutch law. they need to do something about this, this is impossibly unfair

And it looks like NA is being extremely thorough about this. You can't even trade or sell anything in any manner now so that way people can't circumvent the system with another player by paying them. I'm so sorry that this is happening to you guys. It really is unfair and unreasonable. :(

Welcome to Advanced Hardmode Mabinogi?
  • arlie1987arlie1987
    and i cant get to my stuff i was selling i hate it i cant get it out. how the am i getting any gold in the game than.
  • arlie1987arlie1987
    mabi is doing dungeons and more and this is ruining it. :'(
  • KeichiroKeichiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    edited December 9, 2021
    This is nuts. I'm so sorry to and for all players in the NL.

This kind of treatment is too broad and unfair. I doubt anyone affected by it can seriously say "I'm glad at least I can still log in" because really at this point all that's left for them to do is exchange contacts outside the game with their friends and quit.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited December 9, 2021
    Not that I agree with it but I can see why they don't allow dropping items, since it could be a means to transfer wealth. What I don't understand is why offering items to dungeon altars is banned since it destroys items; there is no ban on destroying items, or selling to NPC's for that matter (which also destroys items).
    Leadt
  • arlie1987arlie1987
    yea i dont understand this at all :'(. and i m old enough. but this, it made me actually cry. i love mabi for what it is and now this? its ridiculous.
  • NovancyNovancy
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    I'm not from the Netherlands but what? You can't DROP items? How to you get rid of stuff then? That makes the game unplayable eventually; you'll one day just run out of inv when you have items that can't be destroyed or sold to an NCP. I get Nexon has to comply with these for legal purposes but that caveat makes no sense to me. How does that have anything to do with gambling?
    arlie1987Leadt
  • arlie1987arlie1987
    Nearly wrote: »

yea they do, its not fun playing like this no more. :'(
  • arlie1987arlie1987
    Novancy wrote: »
    I'm not from the Netherlands but what? You can't DROP items? How to you get rid of stuff then? That makes the game unplayable eventually; you'll one day just run out of inv when you have items that can't be destroyed or sold to an NCP. I get Nexon has to comply with these for legal purposes but that caveat makes no sense to me. How does that have anything to do with gambling?

i from Netherland to, and all this stuff have nothing to do whit gambling nothing at al even the in game auction house its not that we all spent real money, u spend gold what u get in the game by getting items, and selling them that have fukking nothing to do whit gambling or loot-boxes etc, if we buy whit our hard urned gold we are not gambling at al. restricting us in the shop was already bad but stil playable but now it became unplayable i also borrowed something from a friend now i cant return it to him > u nexon now im sooooo mad solf this
  • motherkarmamotherkarma
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    Netherland's ban on lootboxes does not correlate with in-game services and purchases.

For this to make sense, make a ban on the NX shop for Netherland players to prevent them from buying said lootboxes, gachapons, and other.

Remove the in-game restrictions. It does not abide with the law you are claiming to follow. You are ruining the player's enjoyment, and destroying their purpose to play.

I'm not from Netherlands but I empathize for the community as they are a loving warm part of the Mabinogi community and they love mmo games.

Mabinogi is alive because of your players. So start empathizing and hearing their voices, for they are what run your servers.

The last country ban, the mass ban, and now this ban, the more bans you give out you will kill the community.

Be more logical and reasonable in your decisions, this is poor management.
    Leadt
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    That's a yikes.