Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon 2021 Mabinogi Community Survey

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited January 5, 2022 in Vault
Hello Milletians,

We'd like to know how you feel about the Mabinogi community that you're a part of! Please take our survey and let us know. Survey submissions will be closed on Friday, January 14th at 10:00 AM PST.

https://forms.gle/Ex8MmNMQdXPtMdBM6

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Welp, I'm not embarrassed to echo what I said. If you aren't either, then post your responses too. I've created a template, to help you, here:
    Mabinogi Nexon 2021 Community Survey

Thank you for your support in 2021! The purpose of this survey is to collect information about how you use our community platforms and how you engage with contests and livestreams that our CMs create. Survey submissions will be closed on January 14th, 2022 at 10:00 AM PST.

- - -

How long have you been playing Mabinogi?
    Less than 1 Month
    1-6 Months
    6-12 Months
    1-3 Years
    3-6 Years
    6-9 Years
    9+ Years

Which community platforms do you regularly use for Mabinogi? Check all that apply.
    Dischord
    Official Forum
    Mabinogi Subreddit
    Steam Forums
    None of the above

How long have you been a member of the following community platforms?
    Dischord <_6_Months 6-12_Months 1-3_Years 3-6_Years 6+_Years N/A
    Official Forum <_6_Months 6-12_Months 1-3_Years 3-6_Years 6+_Years N/A
    SubReddit <_6_Months 6-12_Months 1-3_Years 3-6_Years 6+_Years N/A
    Steam Forum <_6_Months 6-12_Months 1-3_Years 3-6_Years 6+_Years N/A

How do you engage with other players on these community platforms?
    Actively post and chat with other players
    Sometimes post and/or chat with other players
    Silently read and lurk
    I don't use these platforms

How satisfied are you with each of the following platforms? (1 = very unsatisfied, 5 = very satisfied)?
    Dischord 1 2 3 4 5 Not_Sure
    Official Forum 1 2 3 4 5 Not_Sure
    SubReddit 1 2 3 4 5 Not_Sure
    Steam Forum 1 2 3 4 5 Not_Sure

How well do you feel Nexon CMs communicate and engage with you on each of the following platforms?(1 = poor,5 = excellent)?
    Dischord 1 2 3 4 5 Not_Sure
    Official Forum 1 2 3 4 5 Not_Sure
    SubReddit 1 2 3 4 5 Not_Sure
    Steam Forum 1 2 3 4 5 Not_Sure

Do you participate in official Mabinogi community contests that our CMs create?
    Yes
    No

What kind of community contests do you enjoy from the official Mabinogi channel? Check all that apply.
    Art contest
    Screenshot contest
    Music contest
    Writing contest
    None of the above
    Other

What do you think of the frequency of community contests?
    Not enough contests
    The frequency is good
    Too many contests

Do you watch official Mabinogi livesteams?
    Yes
    No

What kind of livestreams do you enjoy from the official Mabinogi channel? Check all that apply.
    Update preview
    Let's Play
    Soul Streamers
    All-CM Holiday Livestream
    None of the above
    Other

What do you think of the frequency of livestreams?
    Not enough livestreams
    The frequency is good
    Too many livestreams

How good are the prizes that CMs give out in contests and livestreams? (1 = poor,5 = Excellent)?
    Contests 1 2 3 4 5 Not_Sure
    Livestreams 1 2 3 4 5 Not_Sure

Questions beyond this point are optional. We would appreciate it if you took time to answer them. =)

- - -

In what areas did the Community Team excel at engaging with you in the Mabinogi community platforms?

In what areas could the Community Team improve their engagement efforts in the Mabinogi community platforms?

Do you have any ideas for community contests that you'd like to see in 2022?

Do you have any ideas for community contest prizes that you'd like to see in 2022?

Do you have any ideas for community livestreams that you'd like to see in 2022?

- - -

Thank you for your participation!
    We thank you for participating in our Mabinogi 2021 Community Survey. Please make sure to double-check that all your responses are accurate. We hope you enjoy the rest of your day, Milletian!

Mabinogi Nexon 2021 Community Survey

Thank you for your support in 2021! The purpose of this survey is to collect information about how you use our community platforms and how you engage with contests and livestreams that our CMs create. Survey submissions will be closed on January 14th, 2022 at 10:00 AM PST.

- - -

How long have you been playing Mabinogi?
    9+ Years

Which community platforms do you regularly use for Mabinogi? Check all that apply.
    Official Forum

How long have you been a member of the following community platforms?
    Dischord N/A
    Official Forum 6+_Years
    SubReddit N/A
    Steam Forum N/A

How do you engage with other players on these community platforms?
    Actively post and chat with other players

How satisfied are you with each of the following platforms? (1 = very unsatisfied, 5 = very satisfied)?
    Dischord Not_Sure
    Official Forum 4
    SubReddit Not_Sure
    Steam Forum Not_Sure

How well do you feel Nexon CMs communicate and engage with you on each of the following platforms?(1 = poor,5 = excellent)?
    Dischord Not_Sure
    Official Forum 3
    SubReddit Not_Sure
    Steam Forum Not_Sure

Do you participate in official Mabinogi community contests that our CMs create?
    Yes

What kind of community contests do you enjoy from the official Mabinogi channel? Check all that apply.
    Music contest
    Writing contest
    Other

What do you think of the frequency of community contests?
    Not enough contests

Do you watch official Mabinogi livesteams?
    Yes

What kind of livestreams do you enjoy from the official Mabinogi channel? Check all that apply.
    Update preview

What do you think of the frequency of livestreams?
    Not enough livestreams

How good are the prizes that CMs give out in contests and livestreams? (1 = poor,5 = Excellent)?
    Contests 3
    Livestreams 3

Questions beyond this point are optional. We would appreciate it if you took time to answer them. =)

- - -

In what areas did the Community Team excel at engaging with you in the Mabinogi community platforms?

Excel? Nothing. The best I can offer is that a while back, in discussion with site staff over a dispute, a previous CM was, at the very least kind enough to make the effort to pretend to care.

In what areas could the Community Team improve their engagement efforts in the Mabinogi community platforms?

I don't think they can. This is mostly not their fault, as they are constantly being hamstrung by the legal department.

Do you have any ideas for community contests that you'd like to see in 2022?

I'd like to see more in-game contests, such as PvP competitions, Pet PvP competitions, contests based on the in-game mini-games, and so on.

Do you have any ideas for community contest prizes that you'd like to see in 2022?

Instead of declaring prizes, ahead of time, why not let the winners choose what they want; to paraphrase Tevye, "Lord, would it hurt to give me a Tethra?" What is or can be chosen can be the basis of lively discussion on the various platforms.

Do you have any ideas for community livestreams that you'd like to see in 2022?

"Ask a developer" like at the Campfire event.

- - -

Thank you for your participation!
    We thank you for participating in our Mabinogi 2021 Community Survey. Please make sure to double-check that all your responses are accurate. We hope you enjoy the rest of your day, Milletian!

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I saw this coming, good bye forums. :(
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited January 5, 2022
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Forums activity for the last while has been quite low. This may be due, in a large part, to all the other alternatives and, of course, the game being old enough to vote, drive, get married, and serve in the armed forces. The Mabinogi Subreddit and the Steam Forums, for sure, Nexon has no direct control over; I don't know enough about Dischord to say. On these forums, Nexon has absolute control of the messaging; that's useful to them. So, what do they cost them? As far as I know, Katherz is the only salaried employee with the rest of the team being volunteer. If I'm not mistaken, Katherz is part of the tech-support team, so Nexon is already getting utility for their money. I assume these forums are hosted on Nexon hardware, making such hardware a sunken cost. The forums, themselves, are almost entirely text, which, these days, hardly costs anything to store. So the day-to-day operating cost of the forum is likely quite low.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 6, 2022
    Helsa wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Forums activity for the last while has been quite low. This may be due, in a large part, to all the other alternatives and, of course, the game being old enough to vote, drive, get married, and serve in the armed forces. The Mabinogi Subreddit and the Steam Forums, for sure, Nexon has no direct control over; I don't know enough about Dischord to say. On these forums, Nexon has absolute control of the messaging; that's useful to them. So, what do they cost them? As far as I know, Katherz is the only salaried employee with the rest of the team being volunteer. If I'm not mistaken, Katherz is part of the tech-support team, so Nexon is already getting utility for their money. I assume these forums are hosted on Nexon hardware, making such hardware a sunken cost. The forums, themselves, are almost entirely text, which, these days, hardly costs anything to store. So the day-to-day operating cost of the forum is likely quite low.

Yeah well, I've just noticed a pattern of gaming companies shutting down their forums in favor of discord or reddit (because I guess that helps saves bandwidth and resources or whatever other stupid FALSE notions). The problem with that is that information can't be archived and is not static. Things in discord are also very hard to search for because of the massive amount of information being rolled off the screen. Here things can.

Also, I freaking hate reddit. I hate the people on there so bad.

Please don't shut down the forums.