Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Login to forums terminated when using Firefox.

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Technical Support
Anybody else having this issue. It just started for me today.

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I have been getting a error almost every time I try to login to the forums regardless of what browser I attempt to login with. Not really sure what is wrong with these forums. Just pure luck I managed to login this time. Please fix your forum issues Nexon. These forums are almost always empty these days anyway. No issues logging into the main website or the game, forums are the only thing that appear to be broken.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I can still lurk, using Firefox, but now, if I wanna post, I have to use Edge.
  • NanocaNanoca
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Same issue for months. I gave up trying to solve the issue and just use another browser when I have to login on any Nexon site.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Nanoca wrote: »
    Same issue for months. I gave up trying to solve the issue and just use another browser when I have to login on any Nexon site.

Yeah, that's the kludge that I've been employing; what're y'gonna do?
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    The Meow started experiencing that this year too. And the termination mechanics even seem to behave differently with different forums' sections, but the result is the same. Last time The Meow had to spam log-in attempts consecutively from different browser tabs, and this time he surprisingly was able to log in on first try. That odd detail makes Meow think that it's even more complicated than just some conflict with browser routing system. And the web addresses that appeared last time while the problem persisted were looking very strange, to say the least. In case there's an investigation, The Meow has made a recording of his log-in attempts.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    I found that the only way to fix my forum login issues is just to reset my modem. Usually it just takes one modem reset and rarely two resets and I am able to log back into the forums. This seems to be the only way to fix the login issue I listed above.
    Musicat
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I found that the only way to fix my forum login issues is just to reset my modem. Usually it just takes one modem reset and rarely two resets and I am able to log back into the forums. This seems to be the only way to fix the login issue I listed above.

Hm? That's weird if that works. I'll keep it in mind and maybe try it later; thanks!
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited April 16, 2022
    Helsa wrote: »
    Hm? That's weird if that works. I'll keep it in mind and maybe try it later; thanks!
    Very weird indeed, but life shows us that any weirdest principles would work more often than not. It won't probably help Meow in particular, but it's possible.
    The problem didn't occur in the last three days here, which makes it even harder to discern the reason.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    So I had trouble logging into the forums again on Friday the 13th of all days. For once resetting my modem was not fixing the issue like it usually has in the past. I spent the last few hours trying to fix this silly issue and I finally did it. After resetting my modem probably over 5 times and getting no results I decided to poke around in my Nexon Account Settings. I went to personal info and decided to try changing my Nexon Tag (which I didn't expect this to do anything). Once I did it gave me new numbers at the end of the new name and I tried logging into the Forums again and had no issue.

Since this issue started appearing around the time the Forums got this new updated look I suspect some of the older Nexon Tags may have gotten messed up or something. If anyone else is still having a issue logging into the Forums try changing your Nexon Tag if you can cause it might solve the problem. Hopefully this cursed forum problem is gone for good.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 14, 2022
    So I had trouble logging into the forums again on Friday the 13th of all days. For once resetting my modem was not fixing the issue like it usually has in the past. I spent the last few hours trying to fix this silly issue and I finally did it. After resetting my modem probably over 5 times and getting no results I decided to poke around in my Nexon Account Settings. I went to personal info and decided to try changing my Nexon Tag (which I didn't expect this to do anything). Once I did it gave me new numbers at the end of the new name and I tried logging into the Forums again and had no issue.

Since this issue started appearing around the time the Forums got this new updated look I suspect some of the older Nexon Tags may have gotten messed up or something. If anyone else is still having a issue logging into the Forums try changing your Nexon Tag if you can cause it might solve the problem. Hopefully this cursed forum problem is gone for good.

Hm? How would you suppose that jives with the fact that if I post using MS Edge I have no trouble but Firefox craps out?

EDIT: I accidentally logged in using Firefox and so far it's working. I have reset my router since then, so who knows maybe! Maybe if there was any issue on their end they fixed it and the router reset allowed the fix to operate?