Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How many "servers" do the other installs have?

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in General Chat
EU used to have two "servers" before it closed. NA has two. What about the other installs, around the world? How many and what names do they use?

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    So far, what I've been able to find is:
    1) The various installs are: South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Mainland China, North America, Oceania, and Israel.
    2) South Korea's "servers" are called: Lute, Half, Mandolin, and Wolf.
    3) Japan's "servers" are called: Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach.

As an FYI: the old European "servers" were called: Morrighan and Macha.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I just had a thought: since there's an Oceania version of Mabinogi, maybe our Dutch friends might be able to play that?
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited January 25, 2022
    So, Ive done some additional digging around on the NA , SK, and JP official web pages. I've been looking at the total guilds on each install, to get an idea about the relative sizes of each playerbase. Here's what I found:
    Mabinogi NA
     Alexina	 2237 guilds
     Nao		 5402 guilds
     Test		   11 guilds
     Total		 7650 guilds

Mabinogi SK
     Half		16900 guilds
     Lute		17389 guilds
     Mandolin	10500 guilds
     Wolf		 6646 guilds
     Test		    2 guilds
     Total		51437 guilds

Mabinogi JP
     Mari		 5997 guilds
     Ruairi		 5704 guilds
     Tarlach	 5512 guilds
     Test		    0 guilds
     Total		17213 guilds

I mean; wow!
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Helsa wrote: »
    I just had a thought: since there's an Oceania version of Mabinogi, maybe our Dutch friends might be able to play that?

?????????

what on earth are you talking about

this server is the one providing service for the oce region
  • HelsaHelsa
    Eralea wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

?????????

what on earth are you talking about

this server is the one providing service for the oce region

I was going by the Wikipedia article. It lists all the releases that have ever been, including EU, NA, and OC.
    Release	

KOR:	June 22,	2004
    	JP:	April 26,	2005
    	CHN:	November 22,	2005
    	HKG:	July 21,	2005
    	TWN:	July 21,	2005
    	NA:	March 27,	2008
    	OC:	June 20,	2008
    	EU:	May 26,		2010
    	ISR:	May 26,		2010
    	TUR:	November 17,	2010

As we all know EU is no more yet the article lists the extant releases as including NA and OC but not EU.
    The game service is available in South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Mainland China, North America, Oceania, Israel.

I took all this as implying that Oceania must have it's own release also, which, if so, would likely be in English as well.
  • EraleaEralea
    June 2008 is indeed when Mabi NA expanded its service region to include Oceania. We've been here all this time. We were here long before all the EU refugees showed up.
    IFjsM.png

https://support-mabinogi.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204266789
    Nexon America provides service for Mabinogi players currently located in North America, Europe, and Oceania regions.

What "Oceania version of Mabinogi"??? It's the same one that's blocking NL players from doing anything useful.

Did you also assume that those release dates for Israel and Turkey meant that there were exclusive servers for Israel and Turkey, and not simply Mabi EU expanding its own service region beyond their geographical borders? I'll have to disappoint you with the news that those countries are currently serviced by NA, like the rest of the former Mabi EU service region.

That support page lists out all the other current service regions for Mabinogi and their main websites, by the way. Taiwan and Hong Kong are in the same service region. (Just in case you thought that they, too, had separate releases.)

If you want to know which countries are served by which Nexon subsidiaries, go study this page as well:
    https://support-mabinogi.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/360000708163-Country-Selection-FAQ

• HelsaHelsa
    edited January 27, 2022

Thanks for those links! I asked for them in another posting here. I suppose the Wikipedia article has some ambiguities to it, but then, so do the pages these links link to. For example, the "Country Selection FAQ" lists the existence of the THAILAND Region servicing Thailand and the SOUTH EAST ASIA (SEA) Region servicing Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Philippines, Singapore, and Vietnam, neither of which have Mabinogi as an offered game. The Mabinogi FAQ article "I am trying to play, but it tells me I am outside the service region. What do I do?", indeed, doesn't list these sites. It does state that some regions are not serviced by Mabinogi NA
    Additionally, the following countries are not serviced by Nexon America:
    -China
    -Cuba
    -Iran
    -Japan
    -North Korea
    -The Republic of Korea (South Korea)
    -Sudan
    -Syria
    -Taiwan
    -Crimea Region of Ukraine

This makes the Thailand and SEA regions situation ambiguous, meaning that folks there just have to try and see what happens, I suppose.

Another bit of weirdness is the Mainland China region is not accounted for in the Country Selection FAQ while it's separate Mabinogi install is listed in the Mabinogi installs; that's odd! Also, if you go to the Taiwan regional site, Mabinogi is not listed under "all games", yet it has a Mabinogi site listed on the installs listing; that's confusing!

Anyway, I digress, I get what you're saying is that the Dutch are properly screwed. Oh, well, sorry guys; I thought maybe there was some hope for you after all; I guess not.
  • EraleaEralea
    I probably shouldn't say this out loud, but Thailand and SEA Mabinogi players do exist. They just connect to a service region (guess which one?) that they're technically not supposed to be connecting to and everyone just looks away and pretends it isn't happening.

There isn't a proper subsidiary under the Nexon name in China, so of course it's not listed anywhere. Tiancity publishes Mabinogi and CSO, Shanda/Shengqu Games publishes Maplestory, and Tencent publishes MS2 and DFO. Don't ask me what kind of absurd corporate shenanigans they've had to come up with just to do business in China, I don't want to know either.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I probably shouldn't say this out loud, but Thailand and SEA Mabinogi players do exist. They just connect to a service region (guess which one?) that they're technically not supposed to be connecting to and everyone just looks away and pretends it isn't happening.

Oh, I know; I've met plenty. Mind you I've run into mainland Chinese in-game as well. Since the SEA+Thailand countries do play on the NA servers, even though they are not listed as either blocked or served regions:
    1) If they are NOT using VPN then this would mean that filtering occurs at the game client layer rather than the game launcher layer.
    2) If they are NOT using VPN then the filter must be a blacklist rather than a whitelist.

• HelsaHelsa
    I found that Taiwan seems to have five servers, six if you count the test server. Their names seem to be: Alissa, Bebhinn, Caitin, Deian, and Endelyon; A, B, C, D, E. I haven't yet found any information about number of guilds.
  • PectylPectyl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    This is an interesting read but damn some of these comments oozes hostility.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Pectyl wrote: »
    This is an interesting read but damn some of these comments oozes hostility.

It's internet, discussion is always held at defcon one and has been so for so long that folks have it as the default setting.