Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Secondary Login Removal

DemoncatDemoncat
Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
in Feedback and Suggestions
so this authentication thing. Do i have to do this or do i not need to and if so could some one explain to me

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 5, 2022
    Dude do not even go there. Secondary authentication protects you from getting hacked and all your things stolen or characters obliterated. Back in the dark ages of mabinogi we didn't have this and had to lock our accounts out everyday to prevent hackers from getting in. It was AWFUL. We will never EVER get rid of the secondary password. HELL NO.

You have been here for a while, why are you even asking this? Pretty sus...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Seems like Crimsy is living under a rock or something...
    Yes, after March 17th we will no longer have to click our way with secondary passwords, instead it's gonna be authentication apps or SMS confirmation as a new log in "safety" measure. So far it seems like it will be your own choice to put it on or not, though...
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Just finished setting up my account for the new update. Anyone know where we redeem our code for the Royal Power Package you get for setting all this up? I play mabi through Steam.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Just finished setting up my account for the new update. Anyone know where we redeem our code for the Royal Power Package you get for setting all this up? I play mabi through Steam.

never mind I figured it out. when they sent the code and link to my phone I was confused cause the link didn't work right the first time and only sent me to the main site. tried accessing the same link later and it sent me to announcement page that I strangely can't find anywhere when using my desktop. it explains we need to go to a bank in Mabinogi and redeem the code there to obtain the reward.
  • VimaVima
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    Secondary login removal? sounds like im gonna get hacked soon! Good stuff!
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    Yeah. Still against this. I'm all for more authentication methods but I would like them to leave this here for those of us who want it.