Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Couple's Flight and Sweetheart's Flight Animations

AlouetteAlouette
Mabinogi Rep: 920
edited August 9, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Recently I stumbled upon the couple's flight and sweetheart's flight actions.

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Actions#Couples_Flight

I noticed however that, even thought mabinogi allows for same gender marriage, the actions mentioned in the title have specific animations that Only allow opposite gender characters to fly in a couple's fashion, holding hands and/or embracing eachother. Same gender characters only fly as if they were solo or have a special interaction as if they were friends, which is totally understandable as to why it was done that way, but what about same gender couples? They can marry but they can't fly holding hands? I feel like it's a bit weird. And what about non-coupled characters? What if you just want to fly with a friend and suddenly see the characters all lovey-dovey holding hands and staring eachother's eyes?

I would like to suggest that the actions trigger their animations by checking if the characters using them are married to eachother or not, rather than check for their genders. It's just weird, two guys/girls can get married but they can't fly holding hands, and people that aren't married but different genders are forced to hold hands, that's just a bit silly.

So that's my suggestion, make the flight actions hold hands if married and not hold hands if not married. Or, alternatively, make it so the type of animation can be switched with a button so everyone has the option of choosing, I'm sure the devs can find a way for this suggestion :D
  1. Do you think this change would be good?10 votes
    1. Yes, it'll be great for people to be able to choose who to hold hands with.
       90% (9 votes)
    2. No, it doesn't make a difference / it's just nitpicking.
       10% (1 vote)
    3. I don't even have that action so I don't care either way :v
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I don't think same-sex marriage is possible in Mabinogi Korea, so they worked with what they could for the Flight actions here. But yes, that is a nice suggestion.

...Who says people who aren't married don't want to hold hands, though? =p
  • AlouetteAlouette
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    Fluorette wrote: »
    I don't think same-sex marriage is possible in Mabinogi Korea, so they worked with what they could for the Flight actions here. But yes, that is a nice suggestion.

...Who says people who aren't married don't want to hold hands, though? =p

That's also true, maybe they could put a button that changes the type of animation between holding and not holding hands xD
    Fluorette
  • MarsBarsFromTheStarsMarsBarsFromTheStars
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    edited February 27, 2022
    I know this post was from a while back, but I couldn't agree more! Also, I wish they had more idle poses for people who fly alone. But it IS couples flight, after all, so I'm not expecting much on that part. It would be nice, though, to not look at my friends like I just got struck by Cupid's arrow lol.
    Crimsọn
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    I've said as much on a similar post but yes. Please. Couples flights are supposed to be romantic, and the same-sex variants are anything but. Let us be doki doki with our same-sex partners like the heteros can!