Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

At Last

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited March 24, 2022 in General Chat
I dared not hope, but it's happening. They went with the tough poop Alexina option for names. On the one hand while that screws us Alexinans over, namewise, because we were left out of the first merge. On the other hand the end result is still better, so I'll take it. Now I can start beaching about changing the character record primary key to record number.

Erinn is a fine name. I actually suggested it, along with Helsa of course, years ago. I can't wait for the gathering of Erinnites. The first thing I wanna see: Crimson v Greta PvP!

Helsa0151+Alexina

Comments

• JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    I'm not sure I'd like the Helsa server...
    WolfsingerCrimsọn
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Helsa wrote: »
    I dared not hope, but it's happening. They went with the tough poop Alexina option for names. On the one hand while that screws us Alexinans over, namewise, because we were left out of the first merge. On the other hand the end result is still better, so I'll take it. Now I can start beaching about changing the character record primary key to record number.

Erinn is a fine name. I actually suggested it, along with Helsa of course, years ago. I can't wait for the gathering of Erinnites. The first thing I wanna see: Crimson v Greta PvP!

Helsa0151+Alexina

At first I thought this song would also be fitting:

Then I decided to waste 20 minutes making this:
    df2bq01-cd5dcac4-3e6e-483f-9a6d-a01c4f06bbe5.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGYyYnEwMS1jZDVkY2FjNC0zZTZlLTQ4M2YtOWE2ZC1hMDFjNGYwNmJiZTUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.MhXJ-Cw0EaKbmrDqRwm_Cr07Ci4E_ScxzpJg4X_IinI
    Crimsọn
  • ThanaturgistThanaturgist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    Personally not a fan at all, but at this point, eh. I only play for the cute items anyway.
    Wolfsinger
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited March 24, 2022
    Logging in after months of not really bothering with the game (Thanks, life and burnout) to add two thoughts:

I'm not super thrilled for this because of how much more commonplace laggy, overcrowded areas are going to be, but at the same time, I can't really argue against the positives that this will bring to Alexina players. So, while I'm not thrilled for it, huzzahs and congratulations are still given for everyone who strived to make this happen. o/

Second, there was someone here on the forums that I remember being particularly spiteful towards Alexina players. They frequently talked about how Alexina players should endure the same thing that the other servers did before they got merged into Nao, and this spite seemingly stemmed from a few bad conversations with some bad apples from Alexina (or so I had heard...). I distinctly remember them saying "You Alexinians..." a lot, and I just wanted to say that whoever you are... Enjoy eating your words and suffering with us "Alexinians." xD;
    GretaWolfsingerZeldarue
  • HelsaHelsa
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'd like the Helsa server...

I was joking but I'm glad to know how you feel; I'll keep that in mind.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »
    At first I thought this song would also be fitting:

I love that episode. I love the fact that Squidward finally got to win one.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Logging in after months of not really bothering with the game (Thanks, life and burnout) to add two thoughts:

I'm not super thrilled for this because of how much more commonplace laggy, overcrowded areas are going to be, but at the same time, I can't really argue against the positives that this will bring to Alexina players. So, while I'm not thrilled for it, huzzahs and congratulations are still given for everyone who strived to make this happen. o/

Second, there was someone here on the forums that I remember being particularly spiteful towards Alexina players. They frequently talked about how Alexina players should endure the same thing that the other servers did before they got merged into Nao, and this spite seemingly stemmed from a few bad conversations with some bad apples from Alexina (or so I had heard...). I distinctly remember them saying "You Alexinians..." a lot, and I just wanted to say that whoever you are... Enjoy eating your words and suffering with us "Alexinians." xD;

I'm glad it happened. I'm not happy about the name thing but I recognize that it was the necessary evil for the merge to happen, so I can live with it. I was probably the most vocal person FOR the merge, on these forums, and my statement after learning of it is "at last". I'm not gonna gloat to the nay sayers, for me, there's no merit in it.
  • AxelrodAxelrod
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,165
    I passed the robot test just to say

"Ayyyy lmao it only took 3 years"

Back to hibernation
  • PectylPectyl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    Hopefully we can all coexist peacefully and make this coming experience a great one for everybody.
    Karast
  • HelsaHelsa
    Pectyl wrote: »
    Hopefully we can all coexist peacefully and make this coming experience a great one for everybody.

It will. To merge or not to merge is a zero sum situation for those for or against it. You can't really have a common ground or compromise; you either do it or you don't. Well they've done it, so the folks that didn't want it are now unhappy. For those of us that wanted it, may I suggest that we don't gloat about it and let the folks against it come to terms with it in their own way.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 26, 2022
    Camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp camp

Shut up.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Fugitaboutit.
  • PectylPectyl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    edited April 3, 2022

It will. To merge or not to merge is a zero sum situation for those for or against it. You can't really have a common ground or compromise; you either do it or you don't. Well they've done it, so the folks that didn't want it are now unhappy. For those of us that wanted it, may I suggest that we don't gloat about it and let the folks against it come to terms with it in their own way.

Oh I was not gloating about it, in fact I am very much neutral to the whole ordeal and I see both good and bad sides to both options.
    I just hope we can enjoy the game after the merge and not ruin it with pointless arguments and general negativity.
  • HelsaHelsa

Oh I was not gloating about it, in fact I am very much neutral to the whole ordeal and I see both good and bad sides to both options.
    I just hope we can enjoy the game after the merge and not ruin it with pointless arguments and general negativity.

Sounds like a plan, but then there will always be some issue that comes along that splits the community; alas.
  • KarastKarast
    Mabinogi Rep: 110
    I am definitely out of the loop here. I haven't played consistently for awhile....I am guessing there were other merges? When I started playing there were four servers...guessing that's not the case anymore..lol whoops maybe I should pay attention more...