Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Names in the real world.

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Town Square
At my local grocery store there's a guy named Ruairi. I was futzing around in google maps and game across this!

Post any you find!

Comments

• ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Resists urge to begin posting lists of Irish and Welsh individuals, locations, and businesses
  • HelsaHelsa
    I meant found in places where they would not necessarily be common. Did I need to mention that? I assumed the folks here would have understood that; have I misread my audience?
  • ThePravinThePravin
    I mean I said I was resisting though im not sure how unexpected finding these things in Winnipeg is. Pretty sure its had a sizable Irish population for a while
  • HelsaHelsa
    I would not be surprised if there was a lot of Irish, Scots, Welsh, maybe even Bretons there; there's a lot of French after all. How many Ruairi's have people met, outside of places where Ruairi might be a more common name. I've met exactly one and I only note it because Mabinogi made me aware of the name. In the same vein, while names like Bangor, Duncan, Caitlin, Malcolm, Nora, and so on, most folks are familiar with, how many have heard of Tir Na Nog before Mabinogi? So, despite the European diaspora, it's still kinda cool, I think, to see uncommon labels in places or of things or people, that are the same as some in game. If some people are blasé about it, that fine; this thread wasn't meant to be homework.
  • ThePravinThePravin
    My cousin's name is Ruairi and we tease him about it all the time. He's the only one of his siblings that didn't end up with red hair
  • HelsaHelsa
    ThePravin wrote: »
    My cousin's name is Ruairi and we tease him about it all the time. He's the only one of his siblings that didn't end up with red hair

Awesome, and thanks for the post!