Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Seal Stone Idea...

SgiathachSgiathach
Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
edited April 14, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
SO we already know that the seal stone idea is a cool idea the problem is one person has the title why not make it so its a progression of your account and make it so if you want to access more areas (normally locked by gen quests) you have to brake the seal for yourself making it so Evey one can get the title yes i know those who earned the seal braker titles will be upset but that is a smaller number then the amount of people that miss out on something

One newer idea also could be its a title that upgrades as you unlock more Seals making it better
Shakaya
  1. Is this idea likeable?8 votes
    1. Yes
       38% (3 votes)
    2. No
       13% (1 vote)
    3. WAAAAAA but i was able to log on when other people were not able to to snipe the title myself
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Do Not Care
       50% (4 votes)
    5. The Game
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Seal stones should be resealed after EVERY maintenance.
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    Helsa wrote: »

that was an option in my head that could work out but there are some not going to say any names (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) who would camp it and unseal it each time that way no one but them could get it that is why i also made the suggestion of makeing it progress bound
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    edited April 14, 2022
    Everyone who logs in at any point today should get "the Server Breaker" title, which will give +1 piercing. Then those that wanted to break the seals just to see their names there have that as usual, and everyone gets a piercing title!
    Twelie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

That would take away it's specialness.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Sgiathach wrote: »

that was an option in my head that could work out but there are some not going to say any names (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) who would camp it and unseal it each time that way no one but them could get it that is why i also made the suggestion of makeing it progress bound

For now, at least, having every maintenance would be better. Yes, folks could camp but they do now anyway. At least now, every week, you get a chance to be the one to get the 'magic' hit rather than every whatever it is now.
  • Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    I've never seen an attempt at breaking one of these seals, but I've heard that it involves a huge crowd of people attacking continuously for amny minutes, so the winner of the title mostly comes down to luck. I can't say I understand the point of having a title that's awarded based on luck. I also can't see the point in cluttering up the game with a permanent record of where the seal stone used to be after it's broken. I'd prefer Nexon put its effort into reducing the number of unnecessary visual distractions in the game world. If they want to immortalise the name of the person lucky enough to break a seal stone, they can put it on their web site rather than in the game.

Having said that, if people are trying to invent ways to increase the availability of a title giving +1 piercing, making the existing seal stones reset isn't the only way to do it. There could just be a single new seal stone that behaves differently to all the others. Just bore a cave into one of the cliff faces on the border of the Dubarton map. Put a seal stone on it that reserts weekly/monthly/whatever. There doesn't even have to be anything interesting IN the cave. The cave is only there so that the resetting seal stone can exist. Even better would be if someone can invent a clever mechanic for the seal stone so that breaking it becomes a matter of skill rather than luck. And having written that I thought about it for a few minutes and haven't come up with a single idea of how that mechanic might work. But there's lots of inventive people in these forums, so there's a new challenge for them.