Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is it still down??

nikyahnikyah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,150
in General Chat
I can't seem to log in today. I keep getting server cannot be reached message.

Comments

• KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    nikyah wrote: »

Yes.

UPDATE 3:

Server will be going down at 10:10 PM PDT. No ETA on when they will be back up.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited April 15, 2022
    Kaga wrote: »

Yes.

UPDATE 3:

Wait, it was up for a bit? For how long?

The Announcement says:
    UPDATE 3:

UPDATE 2:

Servers will be opening at 7:45 PM PDT.

UPDATE 1:

Milletians, the servers will be down until further notice to address an issue found with the login servers caused by Fynni Pets. We will continue to update the ETA when we can. For the seal stone concerns, only 1 seal stone was broken in Rabbie.

Does that mean the server was up for like two hours and 25 minutes?
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Helsa wrote: »

Yes.

UPDATE 3:

I am not sure since I am playing from Europe, but I am pretty sure you could only get to the character selection screen for a brief moment (it was empty though/couldn't load the characters).
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited April 15, 2022
    Helsa wrote: »

Yes.

UPDATE 3:

I am not sure since I am playing from Europe, but I am pretty sure you could only get to the character selection screen for a brief moment (it was empty though/couldn't load the characters).

Oh, okay, so those of us camping still have a chance :)
    Kaga
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 15, 2022
    KaJUq5D.png
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    KaJUq5D.png

So the game was running for at least 10 minutes? I guess there's no point camping then.

Something about the game has changed between now and the previous merge and was unanticipated. Fynni pets, which was listed as a problem, are a new thing. Those of us that have gotten to the log-in screen have seen that it only displays unused character cards. Fynni pets can have multiple inventories like player characters but are pets. Maybe the game is having trouble identifying what is what. The thing is I don't see how that could be the case. It /should/ have been a simple enough matter of making character names unique and then change the server field to 'Erinn' so why should anything else matter. The other possibility is that someone made a dumb little error like, say, two entities have the exact same name and Mabinogi is barfing.

I have to hope they made a back-up first so, if need be, they can *temporarily* go back to the two servers. While "consulting with the Devs" sounds scary, it maybe just means that queries were made.

As for inconvenience, maybe we'll all get 20k NX again. I mean, when that happened before, I was one of those proud-to-have-never-spent-a-red-cent-on-the-game people but after Nexon gave me some free crack, in the play-ground, I was hooked. :)