Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Resealing Seal Stones Event

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited April 17, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
I've had this idea for a while and I've gotten noticeable support for it from others so I finally decided to post it here. My idea is a "Resealing" event that happens once year on New Year's Day or even during the Anniversary event. All the seal stones get resealed and gives the rest of the community a chance to obtain the accomplishment and titles.

Now some other suggestions that were mentioned to me after I stated my suggestion was; do it every 3-6 months. I don't agree with this because it would rob notoriety and specialness from previous seal stone breakers. Basically it should remain rare, but it should be more available and not finite. Also I suggest each seal stone will keep a historical record with dates and times of the the current and past breakers. I also want to specify those who obtain the titles get to keep the titles regardless of new breakers.

So what do you guys think?
  1. Would you like a "Resealing" event every year for New Year's?11 votes
    1. Yes
       82% (9 votes)
    2. No
       18% (2 votes)

Comments

• SelzyrSelzyr
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    edited April 15, 2022
    I'm okay with this tbh.
    Crimsọn
  • KattheAzureDragonKattheAzureDragon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited April 15, 2022
    The Journal points' only use as far as I know are for Royal Alchemist selection. At the end of the day it is just superficial bragging rights that doesn't add much game play, and consider the following. You can only have a single seal breaker title so can't even collect them all for the journal. Does anyone care who discovers Longa or the other dungeon anymore? That said, it hardly affects game play but I do agree they should strip the two new breaker titles of the piecing effects.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    The Journal points' only use as far as I know are for Royal Alchemist selection. At the end of the day it is just superficial bragging rights that doesn't add much game play, and consider the following. You can only have a single seal breaker title so can't even collect them all for the journal. Does anyone care who discovers Longa or the other dungeon anymore? That said, it hardly affects game play but I do agree they should strip the two new breaker titles of the piecing effects.

I don't agree that those titles should be stripped of piercing effects, it just makes those titles extra special imo. lol. The sense of accomplishment I am referring wasn't for the journals but...journal accomplishments can be expanded and have been in the past. :)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited April 15, 2022
    I don't see why they can't be resealed after every maintenance.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Helsa wrote: »

I stated my reason.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »

I stated my reason.

Yeah, but once a week is still rare. That means that for any particular seal stone, at most, 52-53 people a year can get the prize. So, I don't see why they can't be resealed after every maintenance.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 15, 2022

I stated my reason.

Yeah, but once a week is still rare. That means that for any particular seal stone, at most, 52-53 people a year can get the prize. So, I don't see why they can't be resealed after every maintenance.

Are you trying to get a reaction from me? That eventually will make it not so rare.
  • HelsaHelsa

I stated my reason.

Are you trying to get a reaction from me? That eventually will make it not so rare.

No, I'm not trying to get a reaction from you, I'm just disagreeing with you as to what the definition of 'rare' is. I think 52-53 people a year is rare and you think it is not rare enough.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Well I disagree.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited April 15, 2022
    Well I disagree.

Me too! We both disagree. See we have something in common! :)
    Crimsọn
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    They just never should have reset them. We knew it would generate nothing but salt the first merge. Were proven right, then they went and did it again.

The titles also should never have been made as powerful as they were.
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    I'll vote yes, but I think it would be more appropriate during the annual anniversary events.

The old argument against resetting the stones was to keep them legendary for whoever first broke them. Now that they have been reset twice, it no longer makes sense to grandfather the seals. Annual reset yes.
    Crimsọn
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    shoudl be resealed on mabi's b-day instead of new years. chance of people spending time with family as extended x-mas and wont have access to a pc or laptop
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    LoomyOfPi wrote: »
    I'll vote yes, but I think it would be more appropriate during the annual anniversary events.

The old argument against resetting the stones was to keep them legendary for whoever first broke them. Now that they have been reset twice, it no longer makes sense to grandfather the seals. Annual reset yes.
    shoudl be resealed on mabi's b-day instead of new years. chance of people spending time with family as extended x-mas and wont have access to a pc or laptop

Mabinogi's anniversary sounds great.