Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hero Talent 39 Pon every rebirth??

RemphRemph
Mabinogi Rep: 600
edited April 17, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
Why do we have to pay 39 Pon every time we want to rebirth into a Hero talent? If it wasn't one I had before, I'd get it, but I'm trying to rebirth into the Starlet talent again (which is the one I had previously), and they still want me to pay 39 Pon... Am I the only one who thinks that once you've bought a Hero talent, you should have free access to it, considering how expensive they are? This doesn't really feel fair to me. :/

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Remph wrote: »
    Why do we have to pay 39 Pon every time we want to rebirth into a Hero talent? If it wasn't one I had before, I'd get it, but I'm trying to rebirth into the Starlet talent again (which is the one I had previously), and they still want me to pay 39 Pon... Am I the only one who thinks that once you've bought a Hero talent, you should have free access to it, considering how expensive they are? This doesn't really feel fair to me. :/

Yes, this is why Forgetful potions exist.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Wait until Summer Master Plan and you can do it for free. You only have to wait a couple more months. Work on something else till then.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited April 18, 2022
    - Forgetful potions allow you to virtually rebirth without actually rebirthing. As long as you can secure a steady supply of them you'll be fine.
    - For skill training you can rebirth to the constituent talents which are free to rebirth to. The Hero skills are under these constituent talents. For example, Hydra Transformation is a Transmutation (Construct Alchemy) skill.
    - To gain hero skills, you can do so without becoming a hero talent, but it is a pain. However once you have the skills, you've got them, so you only need to be that Hero talent once, so consider what Crimsọn said above.
    - Pragmatically speaking, other than for vanity reasons, the only Hero talent you would want to remain as is Treasure Hunter, so that you can enter Treasure Dungeons. My solution to this is that I have made an elven alt a Treasure Hunter and their only job is to sack Treasure Dungeons. As Crimsọn said above, one to two times a year, Nexon has free rebirth to Hero talents. So the first time, you make your elf a Vate, to get Hydra Transformation, then the second time you make them a Treasure Hunter, to get access to Treasure Dungeons. This will take two separate occasions since Nexon always makes Treasure Hunter free first before Vate. An elf with Hyrda Transformation and Hide can kill things far above what they should be able to. My elf is under total level 100 and sacks these dungeons no problem.
    Remph
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    This is one of their avenues of revenue. Hero talents are ideal because they have multiple classes rather than a single 1, plus they provide ap benefit to another of your characters. Thus why you pay each time. So while I don't necessarily disagree with you, I don't think this is ever anything they are liable to fix. Especially given that MP lets you get them for free, at which point you would then be getting each form unlocked permanently for free...
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    Helsa wrote: »
    - Forgetful potions allow you to virtually rebirth without actually rebirthing. As long as you can secure a steady supply of them you'll be fine.
    - For skill training you can rebirth to the constituent talents which are free to rebirth to. The Hero skills are under these constituent talents. For example, Hydra Transformation is a Transmutation (Construct Alchemy) skill.
    - To gain hero skills, you can do so without becoming a hero talent, but it is a pain. However once you have the skills, you've got them, so you only need to be that Hero talent once, so consider what Crimsọn said above.
    - Pragmatically speaking, other than for vanity reasons, the only Hero talent you would want to remain as is Treasure Hunter, so that you can enter Treasure Dungeons. My solution to this is that I have made an elven alt a Treasure Hunter and their only job is to sack Treasure Dungeons. As Crimsọn said above, one to two times a year, Nexon has free rebirth to Hero talents. So the first time, you make your elf a Vate, to get Hydra Transformation, then the second time you make them a Treasure Hunter, to get access to Treasure Dungeons. This will take two separate occasions since Nexon always makes Treasure Hunter free first before Vate. An elf with Hyrda Transformation and Hide can kill things far above what they should be able to. My elf is under total level 100 and sacks these dungeons no problem.

I didn't know anything about Treasure Dungeons. I RB'd to Treasure Hunter just to get appraisal without doing the quest for it...I will have to look into this
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 17, 2022
    Kagenokami wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

I didn't know anything about Treasure Dungeons. I RB'd to Treasure Hunter just to get appraisal without doing the quest for it...I will have to look into this

Mhm. Appraisal is my vote for the most useless skill in the game, even more than Wine Making. Treasure dungeons are really short, like maybe 4 rooms or so; an entrance, two puzzle rooms, and a boss room. Doors directly from room to room; no corridors. There's only one monster which is an ancient stone mask. My sub-level 100 Elf has Hydra rank 1, but not the title; I don't think they even have normal attack! I haven't run a dungeon in years but as I remember I have to plunk something like 4 times and it's done.